wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Well I hope you can hold your head high when Trump deports your ass to Gaza :camby:
It may not seem like it now, but when your grandchildren are done reciting the MAGA oath before 2nd period like a good loyal citizen of Trumplandia, they will appreciate how we punished the dems and Biden.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
It may not seem like it now, but when your grandchildren are done reciting the MAGA oath before 2nd period like a good loyal citizen of Trumplandia, they will appreciate how we punished the dems and Biden.
His grandkids might be subjected to institutional secondary class citizenry for being black but at least grandpa didn’t vote for Biden

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
The bot accounts you posted “hotspot media company” joined Dec 2023 and doesn’t exist outside of Twitter (posts anti-Ukraine, anti-Biden, anti-EU and pro-Trump propaganda) and the other one “ Leslie Kajomovitz” - actually one of the more sophisticated bot operations I’ve seen yet, it actually has a website that almost looks legit Leslie Kajomovitz - Vizrt Expert - is a actually pro-Israel who claims the “West” is training Hamas.

You weren’t directly quoting the pentagon press secretary, you posted sensationalism from bot accounts as people won’t take the time to click the video to watch what was actually being said.
I had already seen the clips earlier before I posted them, and so to find them again I searched "gaza pier" on Twitter and picked tweets that had the videos I watched. I don't know anything about the accounts. I didn't think the commentary in the tweet was as important as the video, but I am the kind of person who takes the time to click the videos, which you seem to think is rare.:yeshrug:

But US Central Command (CENTCOM) said 1,005 metric tonnes of aid had been delivered to Gaza via the pier as of Friday, with 903 metric tonnes distributed from the transfer point to a UN warehouse.

More context

THE PIER WAS ONLY OPEN FOR 5 DAYS ”

Yeah it’s pretty fukking amazing they were able to deliver 1000 metric fukking tons of aid through a pier that was constructed in 2 months on the fukking ocean. Now they are going to repair it and start again.

“Functionally useless”

Now is it an issue that all the aid may not reach the reach the Palestinians. Yep. But it’s been 5 fukking days. Let’s give them time to sort the logistics in a warzone before we start making shrill pronouncements.

To further contextualize here are the words directly from the Pentagon Press Secretary to explain how effective the pier has been.
In terms of how that compares to what had been getting in prior to the recent military activities in Rafah governate, I don't have the exact numbers in front of me. But obviously — maybe it's not obvious. I think we've reported out before that the number — the amount of assistance that had been getting in was higher in April than it is now. Then the number — the amount of assistance that U.N. has been able to collect from border points was higher in April than it was now.

So at a time when needs have increased as a result of the displacement, the 900,000 people that I cited, that the amount of assistance and the access has gone down. In terms of other impacts of recent military activities, you know, it — as would be logical during military activities, access is a little harder. It's a little less safe in some areas. It's a lot less safe in some areas.

So yeah... No sensationalism. The pier just hasn't been that good at getting aid in, and less aid is entering now than even just a month ago. 1000 tons over the course of 5 days sounds like a lot, but to give even more context, that's less than 100 aid trucks can carry. 100 to 200 trucks per day have been entering Gaza lately, but the UN says 500-600 aid trucks are needed daily.

Israel is still blocking most aid, to the point where the food is sitting there rotting, and instead of using our leverage we defunded UNRWA and built a functionally useless pier.
Sounds like calling out Israel for blocking the aid and forcing the issue of allowing trucks in was the more functional option, and $300M cheaper too.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
His grandkids might be subjected to institutional secondary class citizenry for being black but at least grandpa didn’t vote for Biden
His grand kids wont even know Israel committed war crimes (or that slavery happened) once Trumps department of education fixes our horrendous history curriculum :banderas:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The bot accounts you posted “hotspot media company” joined Dec 2023 and doesn’t exist outside of Twitter (posts anti-Ukraine, anti-Biden, anti-EU and pro-Trump propaganda) and the other one “ Leslie Kajomovitz” - actually one of the more sophisticated bot operations I’ve seen yet, it actually has a website that almost looks legit Leslie Kajomovitz - Vizrt Expert - is a actually pro-Israel who claims the “West” is training Hamas.

You weren’t directly quoting the pentagon press secretary, you posted sensationalism from bot accounts as people won’t take the time to click the video to watch what was actually being said.

For example, sensationalizing the press secretary being unable to confirm if the aid has reached Gazans. Sounds bad without context, but luckily I’m here to provide the context

But US Central Command (CENTCOM) said 1,005 metric tonnes of aid had been delivered to Gaza via the pier as of Friday, with 903 metric tonnes distributed from the transfer point to a UN warehouse.

More context

THE PIER WAS ONLY OPEN FOR 5 DAYS ”

Yeah it’s pretty fukking amazing they were able to deliver 1000 metric fukking tons of aid through a pier that was constructed in 2 months on the fukking ocean. Now they are going to repair it and start again.

“Functionally useless”

Now is it an issue that all the aid may not reach the reach the Palestinians. Yep. But it’s been 5 fukking days. Let’s give them time to sort the logistics in a warzone before we start making shrill pronouncements.
Well got damn :ohhh: @Toussaint had time today :wow:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
His grand kids wont even know Israel committed war crimes (or that slavery happened) once Trumps department of education fixes our horrendous history curriculum :banderas:
Good point. These vote abstainers won’t even get to be on the right side of history when the narrative is rewritten by MAGA

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yup, and he's on the money about the twitter accounts that have been boosted in this thread as well. I meant to call that out over the weekend.

Gotta love when people continue to play dumb about foreign influence campaigns and what's happened with twitter since Musk took over.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Glad I did. First time running into a bot account - a pro Israel one at that- which took the time to create a fake website and product. Almost had me until they said their qualifications was “bachelors” then proceeded not to list the school where they got their degree from.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Good point. These vote abstainers won’t even get to be on the right side of history when the narrative is rewritten by MAGA
“I’m glad grandfather didn’t resist like the others when the re education camp instructors came. The loyalty he showed to dear leader Trump once he came back home is the reason we have so many rations today:banderas:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I didn't think the commentary in the tweet was as important as the video,
Yes you did because you are seeking create confusion about what was actually said and intentionally misconstrued what was said under your false claim that the pier was a failure. The pier is not “sunk” it is being repaired. Aid has been confirmed to have been to delivered to Palestinians

First aid from US pier in Gaza has reached starving Palestinians, the UN says​

Don’t worry you’ll do it again -

So yeah... No sensationalism. The pier just hasn't been that good at getting aid in,
So we’ve gone from functionally useless to “hasn’t been that good”

and less aid is entering now than even just a month ago. 1000 tons over the course of 5 days sounds like a lot, but to give even more context, that's less than 100 aid trucks can carry. 100 to 200 trucks per day have been entering Gaza lately, but the UN says 500-600 aid trucks are needed daily.

- and here we are

That’s for all of Gaza. The pier was for 500,000 people and as a supplemental - as quoted by the press secretary- to land delivery.

In fact the goal was 150 tons a day

Each boat can transfer between five and 15 trucks to shore. Once fully operational, the pier will be able to provide about 150 truckloads of aid to Gaza per day, according to U.S. officials.

Israel is still blocking most aid, to the point where the food is sitting there rotting, and instead of using our leverage we defunded UNRWA and built a functionally useless pier.
Sounds like calling out Israel for blocking the aid and forcing the issue of allowing trucks in was the more functional option, and $300M cheaper too.
The Biden government just took the money and funneled it through other aid agencies

UNRWA USA also takes into consideration the fact that the Biden Administration has reportedly been actively urging other countries to resume funding and has continued to speak supportively of UNRWA in its public statements.

Also I’m assuming the pier was apart of the $1 billion in aid that was already earmarked for Gaza?

Yes, the U.S. ceasing to dump billions into Palestine would be more cost prohibitive than just letting Israel go Third Reich on them like they probably want to.