FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Professor Morris bringing up Israel’s nukes in the debate he had with Professor Finkekstein and Mouin Rabbani on Lex Friedman’s podcast was definitely eyebrow raising.

I think this is the most terrifying thing about Israel… I think they’d do first strike.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I hope that these issues are seriously considered going forward and not swept under the carpet.

The West excused clear bloodlust because it was normal to do so.

It was done in the past and if not for the videos of these atrocities it would have been swept under the carpet again.

Along the way, you realise even the media "good guys" are corrupt when it comes to providing fair and balanced coverage of these issues, and people are conditioned to shrug their shoulders and passively watch because "Palastine is bad" while "Israel is good".

If we are so inclined to accept realpolitik and ignore morality, then we seriously need to redinfine what we are as a species and stop pretending we give a shyt.

There are always grey areas, but ethnic cleansing should never be grey.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Professor Morris bringing up Israel’s nukes in the debate he had with Professor Finkekstein and Mouin Rabbani on Lex Friedman’s podcast was definitely eyebrow raising.

I think this is the most terrifying thing about Israel… I think they’d do first strike.

This dude is a POS dripping with contempt whenever he is talking about Black issues.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not only a terrorist organization but the government that is in control of Gaza. Hamas has declared war on Israel and is the aggressor in this latest conflict. The Palestinians that are dying are result of Hama's actions and policies and unwillingness to resolve this conflict. No one is saying that it is moral.

Do you really think Hamas doesn't have a role in trying to resolve this conflict? If so you're lockstep with the Israeli government much more than I am.

You might not like it but Hamas should have released the hostages months ago and committed to an unconditional surrender.

A lot of lives and critical infrastructure would have been saved.

Bibi could've even been pushed from power by now and the US would have had more leverage to reign in Israel if the hostages were released.

Israel killed it own hostages so miss me with the hostages argument. It's a fig leaf to to excuse genocide. That's why none of you even try go argue that the IDF actions are not morally henious. You'd rather deflect to Hamas.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Hamas believes its shock Oct. 7 attack on Israel achieved its goal of reigniting global concern for decades-long Palestinian subjugation, and it views the Israelis and Americans as intent on deepening the fighting rather than taking genuine steps toward an Israeli-Palestinian settlement. Additionally, it does not see itself as responsible for civilian deaths during that assault, in which Hamas-led fighters killed about 1,200 Israelis, more than half of them civilians, and took up to 240 hostages in violation of international law.

:mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Abu Marzouk’s own comments cast doubt on whether Hamas would tolerate a Palestinian state coexisting with Israel,

:mjlol:

Hamas leaders expressed deep opposition to proposals that are currently under discussion and a determination to scuttle particular plans.

No shyt :mjlol:

His remarks suggest that although Hamas is not outright challenging Arab governments, it does not see a red line in attacking their soldiers.

Shikaki’s report said 71% of Palestinians currently support Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack

:sas2:@88m3

His remarks suggest that although Hamas is not outright challenging Arab governments, it does not see a red line in attacking their soldiers.

Shikaki’s report said 71% of Palestinians currently support Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack

:sas2:@88m3

Did Hamas anticipate the sweeping response to its foray from Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu?
Abu Marzouk told HuffPost: “We thought that America [would] allow for a partial aggression against Gaza, especially given that most of the victims are civilians.”
“We didn’t expect this brutality of America,”

Hahahah, he’s blaming America for their own incompetence.

:russ:

Elections have consequences :wow:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Have to remember that in the short term Israel doesn't see the idea of being isolated as a bad thing.

Being isolated also means little or no accountability. Bombing aid workers is meant to clear the areas of anyone that could be seen as objective/neutral or in any way sympathetic to civilians. Groups are now less likely to continue operating. And Bibi will use the criticism from foreign governments as a way to try and rally people around him.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

You’d need an ultra clandestine team of hackers to neutralize their nuke systems just long enough for the IDF to be defeated.

lol these Arab states ain’t shyt they should be the main ones coming up with stuff like this but I’m sure they’re mad at Gaza for even starting shyt and making it harder for them to normalize relations with Israel.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
@Pressure :ufdup: Not that it matters to you

Shikaki said that Gaza residents are more critical of Hamas than those in the West Bank, that support for Hamas typically spikes during periods of armed conflict before leveling out, and that even now most Palestinians do not back the militant group.