88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How you going to purposely hobble a population without an airport or a sea port in the 21st century and then with act like they can’t support themselves without foreign aid?

A superpower like Russia is fighting Ukraine partly for sea access. A economy can’t run properly without one or the other.

Of course they can’t you won’t allow them to be self-suffient.

And it’s already been reported that Israel has been stealing tax revenues from what little exports they have.

Whose fault is it that they don't have an airport or sea port? You're saying that's why they need foreign aid?

You just made that up, very weird... Putin invaded Ukraine on the strength of Ruric and Russia being the sole successor state to the Kyivan Rus.
(Btw a superpower that can't access the sea? wtf is that)

That's a bizarre statement. You either are or you aren't.

That's a Fatah/Hamas issue. You brought that up earlier and no one corrected you. Either way it's another example of them not being self sufficient.

I see you ignored the other more serious questions I raised.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Whose fault is it that they don't have an airport or sea port? You're saying that's why they need foreign aid?

You just made that up, very weird... Putin invaded Ukraine on the strength of Ruric and Russia being the sole successor state to the Kyivan Rus.
(Btw a superpower that can't access the sea? wtf is that)

That's a bizarre statement. You either are or you aren't.

That's a Fatah/Hamas issue. You brought that up earlier and no one corrected you. Either way it's another example of them not being self sufficient.

I see you ignored the other more serious questions I raised.
Israel won’t allow them to have an airport. Freaking Kabul has had an airport for the entirety of the Taliban 90s reign. You going to pretend Israel didn’t broker a deal with Egypt to blockade imports, too?

No. I said a country with access to the sea but no port makes no sense. It can’t be a fully operating economy if it can’t exploit its resources like seas access.

Russian natural gas has to go through Ukraine to be shipped out. Putin was complaining about how much Ukraine was charging them. Russian waters freeze in winter so they need a warm port which Southern Ukraine has. That’s why he took Crimea and has been focused odefending the southern gains.

No one corrected because it’s the truth and you’re wrong.

The rest of your post was your opinion as a realist.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
@88m3

and just for god measure to show why Israel won’t allow a port.

Also how are you going to ask about whether someone can be self-suffient when they make it their business to not allow a population to take care of their own business without a middleman caretaker?

The PLO and the Israeli government had to work out a new taxation system for the newly self-governing areas. The Protocol on Economic Relations of 1994 gave the PA the right to collect taxes directly from its people, and indirectly via Israel.

one example: Israel continued to collect customs duties and thevalue-added tax” on imports that came through Israeli ports. But if those imports ended up in the Palestinian areas, Israel would have to turn that money over to the PA.

israel gains money from not being cut out of the process let alone the security issue of being in control of what comes in and out of the area if Iran or Hezbollah tried something.

The Palestinian Authority came in 1994…Hamas didn’t take over until 2000s. Why wouldn’t Israel hand over control of the finances to a legit government….. it’s almost like it doesn’t matter who is in control. Israel just doesn’t trust Palestinians.

Last edited:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
13vJHSyname1Hy.webp

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Israel won’t allow them to have an airport. Freaking Kabul has had an airport for the entirety of the Taliban 90s reign. You going to pretend Israel didn’t broker a deal with Egypt to blockade imports, too?

No. I said a country with access to the sea but no port makes no sense. It can’t be a fully operating economy if it can’t exploit its resources like seas access.

Russian natural gas has to go through Ukraine to be shipped out. Putin was complaining about how much Ukraine was charging them. Russian waters freeze in winter so they need a warm port which Southern Ukraine has. That’s why he took Crimea and has been focused odefending the southern gains.

No one corrected because it’s the truth and you’re wrong.

The rest of your post was your opinion as a realist.

Why won't Israel allow them to have an airport? Did that airport make Afghanistan self sufficient? I would have to read up on that again myself, I know there was a civil war happening. It's not about pretending. Why did Israel and Egypt do that?

I don't appreciate your tone regarding Russia. Russia always had access to the Black Sea(pre invasion of Crimea) and they still do even now. That's how they're exporting grain and gas to Africa, Middle East, and Asia. Russia is a super power, not a regional power, and they are single handedly dismantling the uniploar world. Russia also has access to the Baltic Sea, Barents Sea(Murmansk future warm water port), Sea of Japan, Sea of Oshkosh, and the Bering Sea. Russia is still shipping gas through Ukraine post war even right now so idk where you're getting your information from. Russia has other ports in the Black Sea other than Crimea(Ukraine) for what it's worth. Ukraine was invaded because Rurik and the Kievan Rus. Putin has stated that. Did you know Moscow is the third Rome?

You're talking about the electric payments right? I think that's an internal matter and that might've even been resolved. Fatah owed Israel or some nonsense and Fatah stopped paying for Hamas/Gaza.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Why won't Israel allow them to have an airport? Did that airport make Afghanistan self sufficient? I would have to read up on that again myself, I know there was a civil war happening. It's not about pretending. Why did Israel and Egypt do that?

I don't appreciate your tone regarding Russia. Russia always had access to the Black Sea(pre invasion of Crimea) and they still do even now. That's how they're exporting grain and gas to Africa, Middle East, and Asia. Russia is a super power, not a regional power, and they are single handedly dismantling the uniploar world. Russia also has access to the Baltic Sea, Barents Sea(Murmansk future warm water port), Sea of Japan, Sea of Oshkosh, and the Bering Sea. Russia is still shipping gas through Ukraine post war even right now so idk where you're getting your information from. Russia has other ports in the Black Sea other than Crimea(Ukraine) for what it's worth. Ukraine was invaded because Rurik and the Kievan Rus. Putin has stated that. Did you know Moscow is the third Rome?

you are going to sit there with a straight face and think Israel, who has some of the best airport security in the world, will allow an airport where they have no control sit on their border?

Kabul’s airport stands despite several civil wars because it’s important. Thats the first thing America secured when it invaded. That’s my point. Everyone knows airports are important for numerous reasons.

Slow your roll comrade. I said Russia was a superpower. They exploit their access to land, sea, and air. That’s my point. Thats how you show self-sufficiency and why sanctions/tariffs target those kinds of economic modes. Cause they are that important. The Bering Sea is a cold port, I’m not sure what you are talking about.

I didn’t say they stopped exports through Ukraine. I said they complained about how they were being charged.

if Iran offered to build and administer an airport you think Israel isn’t going to blow a gasket?
You're talking about the electric payments right? I think that's an internal matter and that might've even been resolved. Fatah owed Israel or some nonsense and Fatah stopped paying for Hamas/Gaza.

This nothing to do with electric payments. The point is once the Palestinians had an elected government that wasn’t Hamas, why is Israel collecting taxes like it has any say in Palestines exports and imports? Hong Kong was under British rule, once they gave it up they no longer have a say in what Hong Kong/China does. India isn’t a British colony anymore. They aren’t collecting dues for them no matter how much modern infrastructure they put in place for them. They now trade as equal partners.

so when you are talking about Gaza not being able to govern itself. You really need to be asking what will happen if Israel minds its own business.

If Ukraine and Russian can still pump gas while under a war footing. You confirmed this. why can’t Israel work as equals with the Palestinians to make both sides economically sustainable while dealing with Hamas remnants?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
S/O to biden for supporting an ethnically cleansing famine