88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They should throw in the towel and focus on negotiating a better life for gazans

Unconditional surrender and disarmament are necessary.

It seems like Qatar and other countries love their leadership so maybe they can relocate there. The planners and participants of Oct 7 should be brought to justice however.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Im not worried about israel at all since Israel will cease to exist in the coming century due to demographics in the levant anyway.

I think this a reasonable and relatively principled position to take but unfortunately a lot of "pro-Palestinian" people feel the best solution is the Palestinian people get slaughtered in a death spiral with the Israeli state. I'm concerned that maybe they care about the land more than the Palestinian people.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Wickedness. Excuse to put mercenaries on the ground.
does the aid distribution not need to be controlled?
It does. And PMC aren’t zionists or whatever else he wants. There’s no need for to you to explain why a process should not be put in place to distribute aid to gazans who aren’t IDF soldiers.

I hate this place sometimes.

Drink water and mind my business is my favorite song o learned.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Wickedness. Excuse to put mercenaries on the ground.
does the aid distribution not need to be controlled?
Considering recent history of mercenaries in Iraq, Aghanistan, Yemen, Sudan...

And just in Somalia recently the UAE wants immunity for mercenaries to operate there i.e. they can kill, loot, rape Somalis with no repercussions

Yeah, I'd be REALLY concerned if PMCs are involved here

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

And just in Somalia recently the UAE wants immunity for mercenaries to operate there i.e. they can kill, loot, rape Somalis with no repercussions

Isn’t this already going on? Are we pretending Hamas hasn’t done these things?

Are we pretending the IDF hasn’t done these things?

Shouldn’t we use the same proportionality that we’ve been using?

Or is the argument that we trust the Hamas government?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Isn’t this already going on? Are we pretending Hamas hasn’t done these things?

Are we pretending the IDF hasn’t done these things?

Shouldn’t we use the same proportionality that we’ve been using?

Or is the argument that we trust the Hamas government?

Hamas was at point the elected reps of the Palestinians

Israel is a sovereign state
So yes, they’ve both committed atrocities and abuses but they’re part of systems

These Mercs aren’t

Funny enough these PMCs would employ ex Hamas fighters at $500 a month a head.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Right.

Sure but like we can probably agree we do not want the US, Israel, or Hamas doing it right?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Hamas was at point the elected reps of the Palestinians
Yes and then they violently took control and there hasn’t been an election since.

Do you believe they’re still good representatives of gazans?
Israel is a sovereign state
pretty sure the entire premise of this thread over the last 5 months is that they’re a vasal state and as a result we are responsible for whatever decisions they make.

So yes, they’ve both committed atrocities and abuses but they’re part of systems
Yea one group is an Iranian proxy offshoot of the Muslim brotherhood whose mission is the Islamization of the entire region and the dissolution of Israel.

The other side is a group led by right wing facists because they’ve been able to amass power after decades of systemic terror. These are facts.
Funny enough these PMCs would employ ex Hamas fighters at $500 a month a head.
Bonus better than that, but if we think they’re cause is legitimate and they should be in charge post war, then why not right?

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If so @88m3 probably deserves an apology.

All I've ever done is advocate for a permanent end of hostilities based on everything I've read and observed.

I'm a realist. Hamas isn't going to win militarily and the cost of their fight is overwhelmingly being hung on their civilian population to the point I feel it's being done cynically by Hamas.

Whenever this current conflict ends I can't see the rational in rebuilding Gaza if Hamas or another group's goals will put the world in the same position a decade or less from now. I also have grave concerns about Gaza being unable to be self-sufficient that this conflict has highlighted. Before this conflict began Gaza relied massively on foreign aid and importing even basic staples to maintain their situation. With the ecological damage, infrastructure damage, and eventual climate change... we wouldn't be doing the Palestinian people a favor frankly.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
All I've ever done is advocate for a permanent end of hostilities based on everything I've read and observed.

I'm a realist. Hamas isn't going to win militarily and the cost of their fight is overwhelmingly being hung on their civilian population to the point I feel it's being done cynically by Hamas.

Whenever this current conflict ends I can't see the rational in rebuilding Gaza if Hamas or another group's goals will put the world in the same position a decade or less from now. I also have grave concerns about Gaza being unable to be self-sufficient that this conflict has highlighted. Before this conflict began Gaza relied massively on foreign aid and importing even basic staples to maintain their situation. With the ecological damage, infrastructure damage, and eventual climate change... we wouldn't be doing the Palestinian people a favor frankly.
How you going to purposely hobble a population without an airport or a sea port in the 21st century and then with act like they can’t support themselves without foreign aid?

A superpower like Russia is fighting Ukraine partly for sea access. A economy can’t run properly without one or the other.

Of course they can’t you won’t allow them to be self-suffient.

And it’s already been reported that Israel has been stealing tax revenues from what little exports they have.