bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I believe that was called the "final solution"

Although the holocaust was orchestrated, exaggerated and designed to manipulate and validate horrendous crimes to ensue, I would never condone that shyt if it ever actually happened.The perfect solution i was referring to was when Palestine was under Palestinian / Islamic rule when everyone from all religions lived in peace.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Although the holocaust was orchestrated, exaggerated and designed to manipulate and validate horrendous crimes to ensue, I would never condone that shyt if it ever actually happened.The perfect solution i was referring to was when Palestine was under Palestinian / Islamic rule when everyone from all religions lived in peace.

:what: and these are the kinda people your trying to make peace with they are breed with hate and will never condone peace

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
They can join Committees and bring up crimes Against humanity/war crimes on Israel

That's what people in this thread don't understand. This is huge
Which is pointless because the US runs this bytch. Israel has a better case against Palestine's war crimes given their connections. This cant be the real reason. Its 2012, top dog states arent worried about UN trials.

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
real talk breh... wtf is wrong with palestinians?

60+ yrs of oppression and hate from everyone especially arabs, vagabonds aimlessly roaming this earth no home no land no security or stability and for most of us no passports even. Not allowed to travel or work. Not allowed to even be deported in most cases. Half of us live on borders. So yea excuse our attitudes u fackin c@c:pacspit:

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
Which is pointless because the US runs this bytch. Israel has a better case against Palestine's war crimes given their connections. This cant be the real reason. Its 2012, top dog states arent worried about UN trials.

True but an awful PR hit

Keep in mind most people only get Israel side. If they start parading these young kids with no arms and stuff it will be bad for them short and long term

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
One is a semi-reformed terrorist organization that is looking for legitimacy, the other is a right-wing government that probably doesn't give a fukk about the Palestinian people at all, but can be pressured to back down because it has not staked out such obstinate positions. Better yet, they have a government that has shown that it will negotiate peace in the past.

I think you're displaying some unwarranted assumptions here yourself. The current administration won't be persuaded to give the Palestinians any kind of practical political sovereignty. Their idea of a 2-state solution would leave the Arabs with completely permeable borders that are dominated by Israel, almost no economically-viable land that would support an economy, etc. I think that's an empirical point, too, when you consider the details of their ideas in previous negotiations. Just because this administration (thankfully) doesn't run with the genocidal desires of the extreme Israeli Right, doesn't mean their plan will produce anything fair for the Arabs.

You're really trying very hard to disavow logic to support your sympathy for Palestinian plight. So you're telling Israel to call Hamas' bluff and meet them at the table (mind you I'm completely against them settlements), and have what to show to their people? "Yeah, they haven't acknowledged our right to exist, but we're hoping that they'll be on their best behavior."

Think about this from a power perspective. The Arabs quite literally have almost none, so there's no legitimate reason for Israel to fear anything new going in. That being said, the negotations wouldn't be with Hamas, especially if they're UN-brokered. Hamas governs the Gaza Strip, which is only one of the Palestinian territories. The PLO (which has relatively minor Hamas representation in it) and maybe the PA would be the ones on the opposite end of the table if Israel wanted to talk. In addition, even if negotiations started now, there's no telling which administrations they would end with, so it's not as if Hamas (or Likud) will be the two defining intermediaries of the general political will on either side.

Your right that from a Likud perspective, there isn't much reason for them to negotiate beyond the distant end of the conflict, but that mentality itself is only going to be an obstacle. Asking the Palestinians to shape up before they can come to the table is less reasonable than asking Israel to for a number of reasons, imo.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Because these borders were already defined by the U.N., they already exist. This issue was already resolved apparently in 1947. In 1967 there was an occupation by Israel on the Palestinian Territories. Making the comparison between the United States and Canada is something I don't understand, if we're talking about conclusion. Why are we talking about a line of fire or giving up homes if there is a legally accepted map? Why wouldn't the Palestinian people be able to oppose the Israeli government in a neutral COURT of LAW? Why should the Palestinian people be beholden to the whim of a foreign occupier?

No one said any of that. I typed up a bigger response, but then I realized that you might be referring to the initial premise of Palestine looking to be recognized by the UN. You should have made that clear because it looked like you were chiming in on zerozero and I's conversation. I literally had no idea what you were talking about.

We were not arguing about any of the stuff you just asked questions about. But I will respond to your point about the 1940s borders. Remember it was the Palestinians and Arabs who launched that war because they disagreed with those borders and then lost. It's not often that the loser gets to come back and make demands. They are asking for those borders solely because of that loss. They didn't care much about international law when they thought they could win so let's not use that argument.

We're here because many feel that borders along those lines are the only rational solution we can come to, that's fine. I agree, but let's not act like the Palestinians have some sort of legitimacy in that regard historically. As far as pursuing their own statehood? By all means, go ahead. But Israel has every right to be against the ascension of a state whose leadership's stated charter says that Israel should not exist and whose declarations of peace are suspect. If this were different leadership, there would be less push back.

The Canada-US argument is simple, replace Israel with the US and Palestine with Mexico, and then tell me the reaction would be any different.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Are you a black man? You really believe racist stuff like this? How would you feel if a white person said African Americans are bred for crime and violence?

its not about race its about a religion that breeds hate if you're taught from birth to hate something no matter what you do to make peace it will never be enough to subside that hate its just the truth that's why it will never end

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
every jew dead is the only thing they will accept

Ur an idiot , as muslims we cant hate or aimlessly kills jews. Even when the "terrorists" speak they always say the zionist enemy, not jew dumbass. There are many palestinians jews, and guess what, theyre on the Palestinians side against the zionists. Many Israel jews against the zionist regime.

If we really wanted them all dead we wouldnt have lived peacefully with them as our brothers n sisters for hundreds of years when they were under OUR rule.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
its not about race its about a religion that breeds hate if you're taught from birth to hate something no matter what you do to make peace it will never be enough to subside that hate its just the truth that's why it will never end

:wtf: but not all Palestinians are Muslims, and not all Muslims are Arabs.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
That's a horrible argument. Basically you just reached a point where you said, "But Likud's charter doesn't ask for a 2-state solution either." Likud's charter does not explicitly state that it's plan is to establish a Palestinian State exactly where Israel is right now, it does not EXPLICITLY call for the dissolution of the Israeli state. Stop trying compare apples and oranges. You know and I know that you're smarter than this. You're trying to conflate the two because you're sympathetic to the Palestinian people. One is a semi-reformed terrorist organization that is looking for legitimacy, the other is a right-wing government that probably doesn't give a fukk about the Palestinian people at all, but can be pressured to back down because it has not staked out such obstinate positions. Better yet, they have a government that has shown that it will negotiate peace in the past. Hamas is not Fatah.

You're really trying very hard to disavow logic to support your sympathy for Palestinian plight. So you're telling Israel to call Hamas' bluff and meet them at the table (mind you I'm completely against them settlements), and have what to show to their people? "Yeah, they haven't acknowledged our right to exist, but we're hoping that they'll be on their best behavior." :mitt: Did you forget that Israelis were for negotiations last time and when shyt popped off is when the right wingers won? No Israeli government is going to go into those type of negotiations without being able to promise its people at least that. And that much, is justified.

?? I didn't say Likud is going to dissolve the Israeli state. I said they don't accept a Palestinian state. Palestinians aren't a "terrorist entity", they're a stateless people, a huge portion of whom are refugees.

When there are peace talks between the PLO and Israel Hamas is going to agree to the final agreements. They've said that all the time. You've bought into some distraction stalling tactics that Israel puts out there to avoid getting to the table. Hell, they won't even stop explicitly doing what you've pointed out is derailing the process, which is building settlements in the occupied territories

You think it's legit to stall negotiations until you can read the minds of some other guys about whether they'll agree before the agreement talks. Meanwhile Israel won't even stop BEHAVIORS that literally eat away at the potential agreement, while many of their leaders don't agree with the potential 2 state solution either. Both sides are only half way committed. The full commitment and resolution will be a process