Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Black Americans never committed the atrocities that Hamas has done and achieved equality in a land where they were oppressed.
Word? So it's all good now? :mjpls:

Palestinians have two paths to freedom, equality in one nation with Israel or their own nation. Hamas is doing their best to make sure neither happen.
From another perspective one could say they are doing the only thing that assures their survival. Fighting for it.
gj5nawm.png

I’m sorry that you’re too dense to grasp the comparison I was making between African Americans and Palestinians but I guess it makes sense because you support a terrorist organization.
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. But keep throwing that word around like it's 2002.

You probably think Osama bin Laden is some holy warrior
He had reasons for what he did that rarely see the light of day in the West. Do you know why he carried out 9/11? Do you think it's because "He hates our freedom"? I am a US citizen who grew up seeing those towers everyday from the Bronx as a kid. My heart broke when I watched them burn and collapse. I don't want to see harm come to my nation or any other unless it's to prevent more harm. But on the other hand I know who Bin Laden is. I know the CIA propped him and the Mujahideen up to fight off the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. And when the Russians left the US lost interest. I know his royal Saudi family rejected his politics as well as his offer of military protection because he was pissed that the US military was allowed to have bases on Saudi soil. Was he a holy warrior? Well he certainly was a warrior and he was fighting a partly religious battle so you tell me.

:skip:

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Word? So it's all good now? :mjpls:

From another perspective one could say they are doing the only thing that assures their survival. Fighting for it.
gj5nawm.png

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. But keep throwing that word around like it's 2002.

He had reasons for what he did that rarely see the light of day in the West. Do you know why he carried out 9/11? Do you think it's because "He hates our freedom"? I am a US citizen who grew up seeing those towers everyday from the Bronx as a kid. My heart broke when I watched them burn and collapse. I don't want to see harm come to my nation or any other unless it's to prevent more harm. But on the other hand I know who Bin Laden is. I know the CIA propped him and the Mujahideen up to fight off the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. And when the Russians left the US lost interest. I know his royal Saudi family rejected his politics as well as his offer of military protection because he was pissed that the US military was allowed to have bases on Saudi soil. Was he a holy warrior? Well he certainly was a warrior and he was fighting a partly religious battle so you tell me.

:skip:
Haha, the shark has been jumped once someone starts being an apologist for Bin Laden.

Terrorist are useful idiots for right wing fascist regimes. Terrorism is never the answer.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Haha, the shark has been jumped once someone starts being an apologist for Bin Laden.

Terrorist are useful idiots for right wing fascist regimes. Terrorism is never the answer.
Terrorism broke the US away from Great Britain.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Noooo the correct word is REVOLUTION. You forgot the litmus test ...

images
What did Americans do that rose to the level of terrorism? How many innocent civilians a did America kill?

For as much as y’all say the Israeli government is fascistic. And they are, Hamas is much more fascist. The irony of left wingers being apologist for such a right wing organization

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

So far, Arab states have not permitted the resettlement of Palestinians in their territory. What’s struck you most about their response to Israel’s war in Gaza?

What’s noteworthy in this entire conflict since Oct. 7 has been the lack of reaction or response from the Arab world. Saudi Arabia continues to hold the door open for a peace agreement with Israel. The UAE, Morocco and Bahrain didn’t even withdraw ambassadors. Jordan did, but of course with about half of its population being Palestinian, Jordan has a particular problem. That lack of reaction I think is very telling. If you needed another example that Arab states are not viscerally concerned about the Palestinians and their fate, this would be it.
How far back does this history of Arab antipathy to the Palestinians go? If the Palestinians were forced out of Gaza, would anyone accept them?

They are truly a people without a land or a refuge anywhere. We’ve all seen the horror of Gaza, and that’s overshadowed the nightmare of the West Bank, which is appalling in its own right. Then you look at the Palestinian diaspora, where they have had an existence of pure hell by and large. I was in Beirut at the time of the Israeli invasion [of Lebanon in 1982] and the massacre at the Shatila Palestinian refugee camp carried out by Lebanese forces. But it was just one of many massacres.

"The last thing the Arab states, particularly those around Palestine and Israel, wanted to see was an independent Palestinian movement, let alone a state," Ryan Crocker said. | Alex Wong/Getty Images

Tall al-Za‘tar, the big Palestinian refugee camp in East Beirut, was besieged by Lebanese forces and reduced to rubble in the early days of the Lebanese civil war in 1975. And just three years after the Shatila massacre, in 1985, something started called the “War of the Camps.” That was Lebanese Shia, backed by Syria and Iran, laying siege to the Shatila and Bourj el-Barajneh camps for almost three years with untold numbers of dead and wounded among the Palestinians. And the irony there of course is when you fast forward to today and the supposed Iranian support for Hamas and the Palestinian cause generally — well, not so much. It is a marriage of convenience. All part of Iran’s larger strategy of exporting force beyond its borders with allies and proxies. We in the West do not remember the War of the Camps, but I assure you that the Iranians and Palestinians do. They understand there is no love in Tehran on the part of Ayatollahs for the Palestinians or their cause.

Great read if anyone missed it

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What did Americans do that rose to the level of terrorism? How many innocent civilians did America kill?

For as much as y’all say the Israeli government is fascistic. And they are, Hamas is much more fascist. The irony of left wingers being apologist for such a right wing organization
Americans didn't launch an attack on UK proper. But that inconvenient.

There's a reason why they aren't using the native American example. :francis:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

So far, Arab states have not permitted the resettlement of Palestinians in their territory. What’s struck you most about their response to Israel’s war in Gaza?

What’s noteworthy in this entire conflict since Oct. 7 has been the lack of reaction or response from the Arab world. Saudi Arabia continues to hold the door open for a peace agreement with Israel. The UAE, Morocco and Bahrain didn’t even withdraw ambassadors. Jordan did, but of course with about half of its population being Palestinian, Jordan has a particular problem. That lack of reaction I think is very telling. If you needed another example that Arab states are not viscerally concerned about the Palestinians and their fate, this would be it.
How far back does this history of Arab antipathy to the Palestinians go? If the Palestinians were forced out of Gaza, would anyone accept them?

They are truly a people without a land or a refuge anywhere. We’ve all seen the horror of Gaza, and that’s overshadowed the nightmare of the West Bank, which is appalling in its own right. Then you look at the Palestinian diaspora, where they have had an existence of pure hell by and large. I was in Beirut at the time of the Israeli invasion [of Lebanon in 1982] and the massacre at the Shatila Palestinian refugee camp carried out by Lebanese forces. But it was just one of many massacres.

"The last thing the Arab states, particularly those around Palestine and Israel, wanted to see was an independent Palestinian movement, let alone a state," Ryan Crocker said. | Alex Wong/Getty Images

Tall al-Za‘tar, the big Palestinian refugee camp in East Beirut, was besieged by Lebanese forces and reduced to rubble in the early days of the Lebanese civil war in 1975. And just three years after the Shatila massacre, in 1985, something started called the “War of the Camps.” That was Lebanese Shia, backed by Syria and Iran, laying siege to the Shatila and Bourj el-Barajneh camps for almost three years with untold numbers of dead and wounded among the Palestinians. And the irony there of course is when you fast forward to today and the supposed Iranian support for Hamas and the Palestinian cause generally — well, not so much. It is a marriage of convenience. All part of Iran’s larger strategy of exporting force beyond its borders with allies and proxies. We in the West do not remember the War of the Camps, but I assure you that the Iranians and Palestinians do. They understand there is no love in Tehran on the part of Ayatollahs for the Palestinians or their cause.

Great read if anyone missed it
None of this matters because the only viable solution is the pre 1948 borders, despite that being the one thing that's not going to happen.

It's way too convenient to pretend Palestinians and arabs rejected creating a palestine because their religious mission was more important.

Now they've help lead these people astray into perpetual statelessness only to abandon them when they realized there is no war to be won and it's better for their own citizens to move on.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

"These areas are no longer inhabitable". "There is no Gaza Strip".

I don't think Israel will stop until they take Rafah, that proposal you shared a tweet about seems highly unlikely to move anyone.

Most importantly it's time for the Arab world to consider where they will create a new Palestinian state or if they won't.

It's time to be looking forwards

Last edited: