FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
UNRWA employees being on payroll is an international level fukk up and worth its own independent investigation at this point unfortunately. people can call it 'punishment' and try to tie to the trial's outcome, but irresponsibility on that front means that organization loses its immediately recognizable and validated humanitarian neutrality all over the world - not just in gaza

and this started weeks ago when it was just one off freelance reporters riding shotgun on Oct 7th, there was always going to be a larger spotlight on that front

people have already been fired too. sprinkling AKs in hospitals like clowns is one thing, but that's very different from laying financial support bare as it doesn't only illuminate disbursement to folks on the ground but it raises flags for all supporters and contributors as well. its a bad, bad look to even allow the perception of such a thing.

I’m not disputing that at all. I work in international development so I know when there’s a scandal like this it messes up the entire org. At the same time these are allegations that are being investigated and the people in question were fired. Donor funds being completely stopped is a bit extreme especially with the dire situation in Gaza. Normally the donors would request a response of removing alleged individuals, investigating what went wrong, and finding a means to prevent it in the future.

UNRWA employs 30,000 people. Across multiple countries. And it’s providing life saving aid to people.

Also, 150 of their staff have been killed in Gaza already.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’m not disputing that at all. I work in international development so I know when there’s a scandal like this it messes up the entire org. At the same time these are allegations that are being investigated and the people in question were fired. Donor funds being completely stopped is a bit extreme especially with the dire situation in Gaza. Normally the donors would request a response of removing alleged individuals, investigating what went wrong, and finding a means to prevent it in the future.

UNRWA employs 30,000 people. Across multiple countries. And it’s providing life saving aid to people.

i mean, they kinda are requesting a response - and doing so with the added weight of halted funds because this is far from a static situation. shyt can get worse.

its simply not enough to fire them, if they've legit facilitated an escalation then they've got to examine people, funds, future plans, and so on.

its not just a gaza issue either. there's crisis areas all over the world that the UNRWA needs to be able to move effectively in. they can't get cute with any hits to credibility. true neutrality is far too important.

like there's no point in downplaying how wildly flagrant enabling an attack with the help of aid workers is.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@FAH1223 you really could just ban this dude and save everyone the headache. i'll never understand it
This unrealistic echo chamber is part of why yall have been so wrong about much of this. I post evidence and nuanced stances on where I’m coming from. I’m not some Hamas supporter like he is. The guy literally was just denying that UNRWA workers were participants in the Oct 7th attacks and essentially said its retaliation for the ICJ ruling.

OK, well if the news came out in a month about the UNRWA workers or…6 months…he’d say it’s fake and suspicious! Why? Because it came out after the ICJ warning.

Thats the problem with islamist supporters like him (dont forget his support for Iran/IRGC movements) is that the ends always justify the means for them. It’s all emotional ploys until they get punched back then its generic “West/America bad” while ignoring the numerous off ramps they ignored.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

OK, so when is the best time for this to come out? :aicmon: In 1 year so you can claim it’s politically motivated? :heh:

Its barely been 3 months and we’re still learning how 1200 Israelis got slaughtered but now you’re shutting down all investigation because the ICJ didn’t even ask for a ceasefire but told Israel to ease up a bit…. :francis:

You’re so nakedly transparent right now it’s not even funny. :gucci:

Whats EXTREME is holding hostages fam :stopitslime:

Thats tragic.

HAMAS should concede defeat and give up the hostages to end the war on a smaller window of opportunity. The ICJ pulled its punch and didn’t deliver the blow you had hoped. Just do the easy thing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i mean, they kinda are requesting a response - and doing so with the added weight of halted funds because this is far from a static situation. shyt can get worse.

its simply not enough to fire them, if they've legit facilitated an escalation then they've got to examine people, funds, future plans, and so on.

its not just a gaza issue either. there's crisis areas all over the world that the UNRWA needs to be able to move effectively in. they can't get cute with any hits to credibility. true neutrality is far too important.

like there's no point in downplaying how wildly flagrant enabling an attack with the help of aid workers is.

Did you peep how he’s saying this is retaliation for the ICJ ruling?

Essentially unless an investigation of a terror attack reveals complicity from an aid organization you can only talk about it before the ICJ rules against Israel :heh:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
OK, so when is the best time for this to come out? :aicmon: In 1 year so you can claim it’s politically motivated? :heh:

Its barely been 3 months and we’re still learning how 1200 Israelis got slaughtered but now you’re shutting down all investigation because the ICJ didn’t even ask for a ceasefire but told Israel to ease up a bit…. :francis:

You’re so nakedly transparent right now it’s not even funny. :gucci:

Whats EXTREME is holding hostages fam :stopitslime:

Thats tragic.

HAMAS should concede defeat and give up the hostages to end the war on a smaller window of opportunity. The ICJ pulled its punch and didn’t deliver the blow you had hoped. Just do the easy thing.

You are projecting.

The Israelis themselves don’t even prioritize the hostages. The goal is destroy, annex and settle. That’s what their leaders and soldiers are saying on camera and on their feeds.

They haven’t rescued not one hostage in 100 days outside of the mini ceasefire. They killed 3.

And we’re learning that the Israelis themselves killed a bunch of their own nationals on Oct 7 too. The Israeli government doesn’t want to investigate that either.

The hostages should be freed but it’s pretty obvious this war won’t end even when that happens. Hamas can lay down there but it’s not going to end. Gaza is going to be occupied and annexed into Israel. Then Palestinians will be expelled into the Sinai. I believe what the Ben Gvir and Smotrichs say.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You are projecting.

The Israelis themselves don’t even prioritize the hostages. The goal is destroy, annex and settle. That’s what their leaders and soldiers are saying on camera and on their feeds.
Seems like Hamas isn’t trying to remove the options for Israelis to operate in bad faith, then doesn’t it? :sas1:
They haven’t rescued not one hostage in 100 days outside of the mini ceasefire. They killed 3.
Yeah thats what happens when you kidnap 200+ hostages :stopitslime:
And we’re learning that the Israelis themselves killed a bunch of their own nationals on Oct 7 too. The Israeli government doesn’t want to investigate that either.
Fog of War.

I think You all have gotten too used to USA/Western rules of engagement and transparency and the precision of advanced weapons.

The hostages should be freed but it’s pretty obvious this war won’t end even when that happens.
Hamas should try peace
Hamas can lay down there but it’s not going to end.
Have they tried doing that?
Gaza is going to be occupied and annexed into Israel. Then Palestinians will be expelled into the Sinai. I believe what the Ben Gvir and Smotrichs say.

Yeah, I said this on October 7th. verbatim. in this very thread. And Hamas is the reason why the Gaza experiment is finished.

It happened to Armenia 6 months ago and the international community didn’t say shyt :francis:

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
For the same reason you were condoning Hamas’ October 7th actions. These posts were still 2 weeks after October 7th when you were still riding high on the hopes Israel would fail and be subject to more Hamas attacks under the guise of a Neo-liberation movement.
Straw men and bold face lies followed by examples that do not back up your claims. Your schtick is beyond boring at this point.:russell:

Stop wasting my time, and yours.

you’re wrong about the Palestinian legitimacy of their issue
blink.gif

You’re outta runway.
... Do you think I live in Gaza?

I don't think there is a runway on condemning genocide. Pretty sure I can just do it forever until I die.

Hurricane Nap fresh from the bushes ready to ruin as many threads as he can. Why do they keep letting this moron back.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Seems like Hamas isn’t trying to remove the options for Israelis to operate in bad faith, then doesn’t it? :sas1:

Yeah thats what happens when you kidnap 200+ hostages :stopitslime:

Fog of War.

I think You all have gotten too used to USA/Western rules of engagement and transparency and the precision of advanced weapons.

Hamas should try peace

Have they tried doing that?

Yeah, I said this on October 7th. verbatim. in this very thread. And Hamas is the reason why the Gaza experiment is finished.

It happened to Armenia 6 months ago and the international community didn’t say shyt :francis:

Hamas are imbeciles. I’ve never been a fan of them. The Palestinians have been ill served by them and the useless Fatah.

Unfortunately, all their good leaders are in jail. Or died long ago.

And yes, I agree about Armenia and Azerbaijan. Israel has been helping the Azeris with that shid. And you have Israeli settlers trying to take over the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
... Do you think I live in Gaza?
what are you talking about?
I don't think there is a runway on condemning genocide. Pretty sure I can just do it forever until I die.
Yall were calling it genocide the first 72 hours after Israel responded.
Hurricane Nap fresh from the bushes ready to ruin as many threads as he can. Why do they keep letting this moron back.

What, specifically, should have happened on October 8th?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Hamas are imbeciles. I’ve never been a fan of them. The Palestinians have been ill served by them and the useless Fatah.

Unfortunately, all their good leaders are in jail. Or died long ago.

And yes, I agree about Armenia and Azerbaijan. Israel has been helping the Azeris with that shid. And you have Israeli settlers trying to take over the Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem.

Until I see the same energy for the Kurds (I went to school with a few refugees from Iraq) which have infinitely more population, functioning cities, and arguable sovereignty than the Palestinians, I really do want people to stop championing this issue with such fervor. Its got this weird religious tint to it that is inescapable to me and detracts from the outright delusion Palestinians have been encouraged to adopt for all these years.

Yes, Israel is a brutal neighbor…thus…better choices have to be made. :francis:

As yet, until Hamas gives up the remaining (or what remains of) few hostages, then its going to be extremely difficult FOR ME to take this seriously beyond a branding exercise of wish-casting for Israel to stop existing. And I’m not even a fan of Israel like that but its definitely an advanced relatively progressive place (especially compared to its neighbors) and has a mixed history on racism (much like their “Arab” neighbors) and international affairs :ld:

Again, I peeped how yall were doing the following:

• October 7th: PURE JOY at Israel being punched :francis:
  • October 8th through Today: Crying foul that Israel didnt’ like being punched :francis:
And since then yall have called everything genocide…as fukked up as Israel was being. I just can’t imagine how Hamas didn’t account for that. That what angers me. Theres like no accountability or prediction about what was going to happen here and you all refuse to just engage with this fact.

Did people forget how brutal the saudis were to Yemen? And yall thought Israel was going to do LESS than that? :gucci:

The other day Saudis were straight up SHOOTING migrants :mjtf:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
How convenient that UNRWA funding is halted by western powers right after the ICJ put provisional measures?
Maybe, but why pretend this is some.new critique.

We had this discussion under the Trump administration when he wanted to completely end US donations altogether.

Back then the critique was UNRWA allowed Hamas to focus on arms trafficking and terrorism instead of governing and social welfare.

While there are some obvious :skip: in the overall argument. There were two points I remember being pretty fair.

One being what I mentioned above and the other that in the absence of the organization Israel would be more directly responsible for providing the welfare of Palestinians as occupiers.