TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
They elected Hamas… :huhldup:

If they'd been allowed to, Catholic/Republican Northern Irish would've voted Sinn Fein into power at any point during the Troubles when they were intimately linked with the IRA (eg. Gerry Adams carried the coffin of one of the Shankhil Rd bombers) and they're still more than happy to 25 years after the Troubles "ended".

Subjugated populations elect champions - if the world wants its populations to elect moderate peaceniks, they have to afford them safe and secure lives first and foremost.

The more the British Army and Militarised Police (RUC) involved itself in NI the more the paramilitaries benefitted on both sides. Republicans joined the IRA en masse when the British started interning Catholics and Republicans without the need for a charge. Loyalists joined organisations that could enact violence on Republicans more readily and viciously than the Army or Police would allow.

The same seems to play out almost note-for-note in Gaza and the West Bank. Of course they vote for Hamas and of course Israelis vote for authoritarians in return... who wouldn't vote for counter-militarism when they're threatened by militarism?

The only way to end conflicts like this is how it ended in Northern Ireland - everyone's just got to stop shooting, forgive the losses on both sides and move forward through politics and diplomacy - but frankly it was a miracle that the conditions to do that ever arose in NI and they might never do so in Palestine.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If they'd been allowed to, Catholic/Republican Northern Irish would've voted Sinn Fein into power at any point during the Troubles when they were intimately linked with the IRA (eg. Gerry Adams carried the coffin of one of the Shankhil Rd bombers) and they're still more than happy to 25 years after the Troubles "ended".

Subjugated populations elect champions - if the world wants its populations to elect moderate peaceniks, they have to afford them safe and secure lives first and foremost.

The more the British Army and Militarised Police (RUC) involved itself in NI the more the paramilitaries benefitted on both sides. Republicans joined the IRA en masse when the British started interning Catholics and Republicans without the need for a charge. Loyalists joined organisations that could enact violence on Republicans more readily and viciously than the Army or Police would allow.

The same seems to play out almost note-for-note in Gaza and the West Bank. Of course they vote for Hamas and of course Israelis vote for authoritarians in return... who wouldn't vote for counter-militarism when they're threatened by militarism?

The only way to end conflicts like this is how it ended in Northern Ireland - everyone's just got to stop shooting, forgive the losses on both sides and move forward through politics and diplomacy - but frankly it was a miracle that the conditions to do that ever arose in NI and they might never do so in Palestine.
I completely agree.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They elected Hamas… :huhldup:

Bibi a neofascist ironically staying in power due to parliamentarism. :skip:
As you keep saying. Hamas are terrorist. They killed the other party members to take control in like 06?

So how do you know they would win if the Palestinians actually had chances to elect more options?

Lukid won the majority of seats even with all the other options. Bibi wasn’t a new kid on the block with unknown qualities.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
:gucci: Bibi? We giving grown ass men pet names? Fukk you and fukk him.

:mjlol: Authoritarian? That’s what he is? That’s what comes to mind?

:mjlol: Not a war criminal?
I didn’t realize not wanting to deal with the auto correct on my phone makes me a friend of Bibi.

I didn’t realize thecoli was the Hague of formalities. I’ll make sure to address Bill Clinton as William Jefferson Clinton in discussing the Rwandan genocide.:russ: Shut up you performative radical c00n.

i was talking about his attempts to dismantle the Israeli judiciary before Oct 7 to consolidate more power with himself to avoid jail. Which is 100% authoritarian.

Educate yourself you dipsh’t.:snoop:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
As you keep saying. Hamas are terrorist. They killed the other party members to take control in like 06?

So how do you know they would win if the Palestinians actually had chances to elect more options?

Lukid won the majority of seats even with all the other options. Bibi wasn’t a new kid on the block with unknown qualities.
Hamas was elected into control. Then they canceled elections. :comeon:

Either way, you still have to far right ideologies playing out against each other who both benefit from the conflict as a means to maintain power.

Peace isn’t on the agenda

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Hamas was elected into control. Then they canceled elections. :comeon:

Either way, you still have to far right ideologies playing out against each other who both benefit from the conflict as a means to maintain power.

Peace isn’t on the agenda
They won a slight majority 44-41 then killed instead of working together. That’s not a mandate for control. They took over. If they had control, they wouldn’t have cancelled elections. Saddam had elections cause he knew the outcome.

The Middle East terrorism is a different animal than Far right or moderate or neoliberalism. Thinking of this as some far right ideologies at odds isn’t what is going on. Terrorism just morphs to whatever serves it best. Hamas won’t end no matter how many tunnels or cities Isreal demolishes. Everybody knows this.

This whole thing started with attacking a festival and now we have Houthis attacking ships in the red seas. It’s not because of far right ideology.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn’t realize not wanting to deal with the auto correct on my phone makes me a friend of Bibi.

I didn’t realize thecoli was the Hague of formalities. I’ll make sure to address Bill Clinton as William Jefferson Clinton in discussing the Rwandan genocide.:russ: Shut up you performative radical c00n.

i was talking about his attempts to dismantle the Israeli judiciary before Oct 7 to consolidate more power with himself to avoid jail. Which is 100% authoritarian.

Educate yourself you dipsh’t.:snoop:
:gucci: Fam you got a big dikk but slow down, breh.

• Wow
Reactions: NZA