Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
@FAH1223

Realistically, crowd size becomes be red herring and a rabbit hole no one should go down.

It won't affect US Policy in the Middle East. Hopefully other countries will grow a spine and demand a ceasefire or exact consequences.

I don't expect on the face of things that Israel will every have the crowd size to match the Pro Palestinian protests, as it's a reactionary attempt to change a narrative, it isn't an organic development.
I'm still waiting for you to speak about your own countries involvement here...

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm still waiting for you to speak about your own countries involvement here...
The UK?

Mofo we started this mess. The Empire and British Imperialism is responsible for some of the worst shyt ever historically. The Israel - Palestinian conflict is no exception.
The British government's present position is the same as the US. I dare say the Pro-palestinian protests have been bigger here that most other countries and they have been ongoing weekly here in London and other cities since the start of the bombing.
It has been enough to get Suelle Braverman fired, and Keir Stramer and Labour have had to walk back on their unequivocal support of Israel and have called for a ceasefire.
I have posted all of this in the TLR thread.

:lolbron:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The UK?

Mofo we started this mess. The Empire and British Imperialism is responsible for some of the worst shyt ever historically. The Israel - Palestinian conflict is no exception.
The British government's present position is the same as the US. I dare say the Pro-palestinian protests have been bigger here that most other countries and they have been ongoing weekly here in London and other cities since the start of the bombing.
It has been enough to get Suelle Braverman fired, and Keir Stramer and Labour have had to walk back on their unequivocal support of Israel and have called for a ceasefire.
I have posted all of this in the TLR thread.

:lolbron:
I don't actually pick up where I left off in these threads because I generally don't care to see a lot of the spam.

In the TLR thread I had a response I didn't finish because life happens, but it was someone talking about folks leaving.

And it surprised me that a lot of people don't know that most of these folks are citizens of nowhere and can't "flee."

Just as a little back story, I went to college in 02. This was my welcome to college :

I remember seeing gore lose and Obama win I that town.

But I learned a lot about folks there and later on as a Defense contractor.

And none of that made me feel better about people.

In a cynical world I tried to reject what ultimately made me more of a cynic.

So when y'all see y'all things like that's the will of the voters or what people support it is only apropos to what we're seeing and not in support of a larger moral or ethical system -- or not confined to it.

Lrgely, I just think that proximity ethics guides us more than we'd like to accept because it takes away the authority for people who want to reconcile what it means to be a better person.

For example,

The second perspective presents a psychologically and philosophically based analysis of human emotions, which is taken to form a basis for rudimentary moral sensitivity and care. The third version of an ethics of proximity claims that personal relationships and partiality override impartialist and universalist ethical considerations. On the basis of this analysis, the sources of normativity and the essence of proximity as a normative consideration are elaborated.

Tldr, I think you all have a compelling argument for your support of palestianians and hoping to see a better world.

I've just never seen that play out so I don't lean into "best solution" narratives.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don't think the evidence is so flawed to discredit the idea of a vast network of tunnels and hamas using human shelters as a way to protect themselves in some ways and also garner public sympathy.

I just think they overplayed there hands in hopes that many of the regional powers fundi g these proxy wars would step in to help instead of using them as Canon fodder to destabaloze western moral authority.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't actually pick up where I left off in these threads because I generally don't care to see a lot of the spam.

In the TLR thread I had a response I didn't finish because life happens, but it was someone talking about folks leaving.

And it surprised me that a lot of people don't know that most of these folks are citizens of nowhere and can't "flee."

Just as a little back story, I went to college in 02. This was my welcome to college :

I remember seeing gore lose and Obama win I that town.

But I learned a lot about folks there and later on as a Defense contractor.

And none of that made me feel better about people.

In a cynical world I tried to reject what ultimately made me more of a cynic.

So when y'all see y'all things like that's the will of the voters or what people support it is only apropos to what we're seeing and not in support of a larger moral or ethical system -- or not confined to it.

Lrgely, I just think that proximity ethics guides us more than we'd like to accept because it takes away the authority for people who want to reconcile what it means to be a better person.

For example,

Tldr, I think you all have a compelling argument for your support of palestianians and hoping to see a better world.

I've just never seen that play out so I don't lean into "best solution" narratives.
Ah yes. Yesterday my son asked me why people go to war and I told him,

"Well usually people in charge convince other people to die for them"

We romanticise it but often that what it comes down to.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Israel ever figure out the pr they gonna use for raiding the hospital and not finding anything yet?

This isn't a new allegation. So I think adding scrutiny to it now, when it's been accepted as fact for roughly a decade seems strange.

"At the Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, crowds gathered to throw shoes and eggs at the Palestinian Authority’s health minister, who represents the crumbling “unity government” in the West Bank city of Ramallah. The minister was turned away before he reached the hospital, which has become a de facto headquarters for Hamas leaders, who can be seen in the hallways and offices."