Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I also think passing this off as white supremacy is missing the entire Israeli perspective. Their history is one of colonization from the start. If you agree that Jim Crow laws were awful oppression, that's the Jewish history in Europe for a millennium....with Crusaders slaughtering them en mass, pogroms during the plague, the Spanish Monarchy attempting genocide and exiling them, pogroms throughout the 19th century, the Holocaust, and countless others. I'm not saying that American/global support isn't the result of white supremacy to a degree, just that the Israeli's aren't de-facto Europeans because they were exiled there.

There are plenty of other White groups who were oppressed within Europe (or specific countries in Europe), but who join in on White Supremacy once they get the opportunity.

The question would be whether Jews as a people worked harder to oppose the entire system of white supremacy and break it, or whether they were more concerned with getting a seat on the table alongside the other White Supremacists. I think the big criticism of Jewish power wielders is that they slide into an oppressive system and use it to their advantage rather than trying to dismantle it.

This isn't to say that there haven't been plenty of Jewish proponents of the civil rights struggle, but they're the sort of people who tend to oppose Israel's actions rather than defending them.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

"Administrative shortcuts can erode the State Department vetting process and increase the likelihood of sales to military units that commit gross human rights violations. Such sales violate the Leahy Law, a clause of the Foreign Assistance Act. "
But but Biden is different than Trump. He's a man with empathy and law and order:mjlol:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
There are plenty of other White groups who were oppressed within Europe (or specific countries in Europe), but who join in on White Supremacy once they get the opportunity.

The question would be whether Jews as a people worked harder to oppose the entire system of white supremacy and break it, or whether they were more concerned with getting a seat on the table alongside the other White Supremacists. I think the big criticism of Jewish power wielders is that they slide into an oppressive system and use it to their advantage rather than trying to dismantle it.

This isn't to say that there haven't been plenty of Jewish proponents of the civil rights struggle, but they're the sort of people who tend to oppose Israel's actions rather than defending them.
I’m not aware of any situation where Europeans collectively enforced second class citizenship on a people for over a millennium and regularly attempted genocide. Sure there’s isolated incidents and some beefs that lasted centuries, even, but none are even remotely close to the Jewish experience in Europe.

And, why would they oppose white supremacy when it’s the only thing protecting them from Arab supremacy?

How could you possibly think Arab presence in Palestine has benefitted Palestinians in any way? Arabs never have, and never will care about Palestinians…aside from being a people for them to enslave, tax, and breed out of existence.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’m not aware of any situation where Europeans collectively enforced second class citizenship on a people for over a millennium and regularly attempted genocide. Sure there’s isolated incidents and some beefs that lasted centuries, even, but none are even remotely close to the Jewish experience in Europe.

I'm not sure what purpose imposing those extreme conditions adds to the discussion. The Irish, for example, were heavily discriminated against and oppressed by the English for around 1000 years. They definitely had second-class citizenship imposed on them for that time period, and there were genocidal desires at times. Yet it only took a few decades for Irish immigrants to the USA to collaborate with White supremacy alongside their former oppressors, much like many American Jews.

And, why would they oppose white supremacy when it’s the only thing protecting them from Arab supremacy?

You're begging the question. You seem to argue that Jewish collaboration with White Supremacy is solely a product of Israel's viability, ignoring ways in which many Jews collaborate with White Supremacy in Europe, America, and elsewhere completely separate from the Israel question. I don't see how upholding White Supremacy in the west helps Israel fight the Arabs.

How could you possibly think Arab presence in Palestine has benefitted Palestinians in any way?

I have no idea what statement of mine you're responding to.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I'm not sure what purpose imposing those extreme conditions adds to the discussion. The Irish, for example, were heavily discriminated against and oppressed by the English for around 1000 years. They definitely had second-class citizenship imposed on them for that time period, and there were genocidal desires at times. Yet it only took a few decades for Irish immigrants to the USA to collaborate with White supremacy alongside their former oppressors, much like many American Jews.

You're begging the question. You seem to argue that Jewish collaboration with White Supremacy is solely a product of Israel's viability, ignoring ways in which many Jews collaborate with White Supremacy in Europe, America, and elsewhere completely separate from the Israel question. I don't see how upholding White Supremacy in the west helps Israel fight the Arabs.

I have no idea what statement of mine you're responding to.
I'm mostly responding to the direction the current "pro-Palestinian" argument is taking in this thread, which seems to be completely disregarding Arab colonization and, worse, arguing that increased violence against Israel is good for anyone in that part of the world. If that's not your position then my apologies for assuming....but it certainly seems to be an overwhelming opinion in here which no one is calling out as equally destructive.

The unfortunate reality is that picking any side in this conflict is choosing one colonial oppressor over another.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I'm mostly responding to the direction the current "pro-Palestinian" argument is taking in this thread, which seems to be completely disregarding Arab colonization and, worse, arguing that increased violence against Israel is good for anyone in that part of the world. If that's not your position then my apologies for assuming....but it certainly seems to be an overwhelming opinion in here which no one is calling out as equally destructive.
You're going to have to come back with receipts if you're going to post some bullshyt like that. Quote the posts you're referring to that form the consensus that people are arguing for violence against Israel.

The unfortunate reality is that picking any side in this conflict is choosing one colonial oppressor over another.
Who the fukk is Palestine oppressing? You can't just lump all Arabs together. Palestinians are their own distinct people with their own culture. Arabs are not a monolith and it's fukking ridiculous that you would think to treat them as such.

Blackgate

💩🔛🤡🤡🤡
Daps

How could you possibly think Arab presence in Palestine has benefitted Palestinians in any way? Arabs never have, and never will care about Palestinians…aside from being a people for them to enslave, tax, and breed out of existence.

If those people (jews) lived in europe for a thousand years then they are europeans. Dna would back me up on that I believe. They dont have a right to claim land in the so called middle east. If they (jews) have a right to any land it is in europe where they lived for thousands of years.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
If those people (jews) lived in europe for a thousand years then they are europeans. Dna would back me up on that I believe. They dont have a right to claim land in the so called middle east. If they (jews) have a right to any land it is in europe where they lived for thousands of years.
Niether do Arabs.

And there seems to be identifiable genetic differences...not that that's a great metric to adhere to imo

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I'm mostly responding to the direction the current "pro-Palestinian" argument is taking in this thread, which seems to be completely disregarding Arab colonization and, worse, arguing that increased violence against Israel is good for anyone in that part of the world.
You just made this up.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

All people in the world are admixed, fwiw. Palestinians average around 10% European DNA, while Ashkenazi Jews average about 40% European DNA. So the centuries in Europe definitely resulted in a lot of admixture, but they're still "more" Middle Eastern than European in their DNA. Not that that should be a basis for taking land.