NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

times tries to post some facts about the hospital blast. none of the evidence in favor of HAMAS rocket is conclusive. hospital got warned to evacuate and was hit by israeli illumination rocket before. also could be stray iron dome munition.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is whining. You do it on purpose to attempt to shut down those who you think are intimidated by lengthy responses. I know. I used to do it too.

Assuming that other people do disingenuous bullshyt just because you do is an interesting way to go through life. :mjlol:

I hadn't done anything like what you claimed in the comment you were responding to, or anywhere in this thread. So it was just a bullshyt ad hominem meant to deflect from the question I asked.

If you noticed I keep things a lot more direct now since I know most people on here are full of shyt and theres no serious attempt at operating in good faith. I know where I stand.

Why were none of the deals offered to them good enough?

Heres one.

See this is how it keeps being framed. They rejected past deals because they were bad.

OK.

well…how’s that working out?

None of that related to the original question you asked about Jordan in the 1960s or whatever. You're just deflecting towards a different question.

And it's rewriting history to suggest that the Clinton Parameters were actually on the table and the Palestinians simply rejected them. BOTH sides said that the Clinton Parameters were not workable as written, and Palestine offered to keep negotiating from that starting point but they were taken off the table just a few days later.

Although the official statements stated that both parties had accepted the Clinton Parameters with reservations, these reservations in fact meant that the parties had rejected the parameters on certain essential points. On 2 January 2001, the Palestinians put forward their acceptance with some fundamental objections. Barak accepted the parameters with a 20-page letter of reservations. A Sharm el-Sheikh summit planned for 28 December did not take place.

Both parties could have accepted the Clinton parameters with only minimal reservations had the proposal not been presented so fleetingly, as a one-time offer that would disappear when Clinton stepped down less than a month later. The negotiations in Taba, Egypt, in January 2001 were on the brink of agreement but failed because time ran out, with Clinton just out of office, and Ehud Barak facing almost certain electoral defeat to Ariel Sharon.

In case you're interested in the actual sticking points:

1) Israeli Jews were being allowed to keep most of East Jerusalem as well as their illegal settlements in Palestine

At the opening of Camp David, Barak warned the Americans he could not accept giving the Palestinians more than a purely symbolic sovereignty over any part of East Jerusalem.[12]
The Israeli team proposed annexing to Israeli Jerusalem settlements within the West Bank beyond the Green Line, such as Ma'ale Adumim, Givat Ze'ev, and Gush Etzion. Israel proposed that the Palestinians merge certain outer Arab villages and small cities that had been annexed to Jerusalem just after 1967 (such as Abu Dis, al-Eizariya, 'Anata, A-Ram, and eastern Sawahre) to create the city of Al-Quds, which would serve as the capital of Palestine. The historically important Arab neighborhoods such as Sheikh Jarrah, Silwan and at-Tur would remain under Israeli sovereignty, while Palestinians would only have civilian autonomy. The Palestinians would exercise civil and administrative autonomy in the outer Arab neighborhoods. Israeli neighborhoods within East Jerusalem would remain under Israeli sovereignty. The holy places in the Old City would enjoy independent religious administration. In total, Israel demanded that Palestine's territory in East Jerusalem be reduced to eight sections including six small enclaves according to Palestine's delegation to the summit.

2) The land being given to Israeli settlers in the West Bank would have meant Palestine was broken up into up to 5 different discontinguous territories (Gaza, an isolated island in East Jerusalem, and either 2 or 3 separated sections of the West Bank). This is an untenable manner to operate a country when your mortal enemy controls your own movement between each little separate part of your territory.

The Palestinians reacted strongly negatively to the proposed cantonization of the West Bank into three blocs, which the Palestinian delegation likened to South African Bantustans, a loaded word that was disputed by the Israeli and American negotiators.[18] Settlement blocs, bypassed roads and annexed lands would create barriers between Nablus and Jenin with Ramallah. The Ramallah bloc would in turn be divided from Bethlehem and Hebron. A separate and smaller bloc would contain Jericho. Further, the border between West Bank and Jordan would additionally be under Israeli control. The Palestinian Authority would receive pockets of East Jerusalem which would be surrounded entirely by annexed lands in the West Bank.[19]

3) The lack of Right of Return as guarenteed in the Geneva Convention, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UN General Assembly Resolution 194 and UN General Assembly Resolution 3236. The right of those people who were forcibly displaced from their land to return if they so choose. Israel rejected this on blatant demographic terms (the equivilent of admitting that genocide - the eliminating of a certain group of people from the land - had always been their aim).

According to U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, some of the Palestinian negotiators were willing to privately discuss a limit on the number of refugees who would be allowed to return to Israel.[28] Palestinians who chose to return to Israel would do so gradually, with Israel absorbing 150,000 refugees every year.

The Israeli negotiators denied that Israel was responsible for the refugee problem, and were concerned that any right of return would pose a threat to Israel's Jewish character. In the Israeli proposal, a maximum of 100,000 refugees would be allowed to return to Israel on the basis of humanitarian considerations or family reunification.

4) Israel demanded that Palestine be demilitarized, that Israel would be allowed to have radar stations within the West Bank, that Israel could deploy soldiers on the West Bank/Jordan border, and that Israel retained the right to deploy troops into Palestine when it felt appropriate. This was a fairly large interferance with Palestinian soveignity, though from what I understand it was actually less of a sticking point than East Jerusalem, the carving out of the West Bank into different sections, and Right of Return.

5) Israel demanded that Palestine give up the right to negotiate any future demands, ever. So if they accepted the deal on Israel's terms, they could never negotiate for any greater control in East Jerusalem, any Right of Return for more families, any change to the status of Israeli military installations within their own borders, etc.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What's the problem? Almost everyone believes both sides aren't being completely honest about death tolls.
1) He said he doesn’t care the death tolls
of innocent Palestinians because “it’s war.”

2) why are you even debating death counts?

3) every news outlet, UN and even the US just this year uses the Gaza Health Ministry total

“Everyone uses the figures from the Gaza Health Ministry because those are generally proven to be reliable,” said Omar Shakir, Israel and Palestine director at Human Rights Watch. “In the times in which we have done our own verification of numbers for particular strikes, I’m not aware of any time which there’s been some major discrepancy.”
Shakir said Human Rights Watch would not use figures provided by parties with “a propensity to misrepresent information.”
“We know that a health ministry is going to base [death tolls] on assessments coming from hospitals, morgues, etc.,” he said. “They have an ability to collect that in a way that other sources not there can’t do.”

The only ones debating it are Israel and their right wing, callous and indifferent allies who lead the UK and US.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Half of Gaza has been bombed

Whats his basis for not believing the numbers?
They haven't historically differentiated between types of casualties -- civilians and combatants.

He was asked about the number of children.

Beyond that, I think he has some holdover skepticism from when he was VP and there were disputes over whether the people killed were combatants or civilians.

:manny:

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a response to a question by a reporter.

:gucci:

You're acting like Biden denied civilian and children casualties. He clearly did not and spoke out against it.

What's wrong with y'all?

It’s not surprising, but it’s sad to see what you have devolved to... A black man carrying water for an apartheid state no different from 1980s South Africa. I can only hope one day you learn to think for yourself PressureGPT.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It’s not surprising, but it’s sad to see what you have devolved to... A black man carrying water for an apartheid state no different from 1980s South Africa. I can only hope one day you learn to think for yourself PressureGPT.
Israel is more diverse than Palestine.

• Haha
Reactions: NZA