jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To the folks not processing this well I urge them to unplug from this for a little bit. If you aren't built to see this level of slaughter you won't come out right on the other side.

Save your mental health

Last edited:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stopped there because Osama Bin Laden was killed in 2011. That was the whole point of being in Afghanistan. A movie was made about it, and yet we were there for another decade after. The media largely stopped paying attention to it until Trump started talking about it in his election build up, but then no one really cared until Trump signed the agreement to leave. There was hostility to that, and then when Biden did the withdrawal, the media lost their shyt and wanted him to “do it right.”

They will let Israel do whatever the fukk they want for as long as they want until the defense industry extracts as much as they can out of it.

There's a disconnect somewhere, you're talking about something else.

US already warning Israel.

Austin conveyed to the Israelis that if they storm into Gaza and civilian casualties spike, the world’s focus could shift from Hamas’ abuses to the deaths resulting from the Israeli incursion, a current and former official said.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Inside MSNBC’s Middle East conflict​

THE SCOOP​

MSNBC has quietly taken three of its Muslim broadcasters out of the anchor’s chair since Hamas’s attack on Israel last Saturday amid America’s wave of sympathy for Israeli terror victims.

The network did not air a scheduled Thursday night episode of The Mehdi Hasan Show on the streaming platform Peacock. MSNBC also reversed a plan for Ayman Mohyeldin to fill in this week on the network for host Joy Reid’s 7 p.m. show on Thursday and Friday. Mohyeldin, an Egyptian-American journalist and veteran NBC News correspondent covered the conflict from Gaza for two years. In 2021, he aggressively questioned Israeli leaders on strikes on the territory. Two network sources with knowledge of the plans told Semafor that the network also plans to have Alicia Menendez fill in this upcoming weekend for Ali Velshi, a third Muslim-American host who on Sunday interviewed a spokesman for the Palestinian Authority.

Some staff at MSNBC have been concerned by the moves, feeling all three hosts have some of the deepest knowledge of the conflict. NBC says the shifts are coincidental, and the three continue to appear on air to report and provide analysis.

A company official vehemently pushed back against any notion that either Hasan or Mohyeldin were being sidelined in any way. Over the past several days, Mohyeldin has appeared on several programs on MSNBC as a guest including shows hosted by Reid and Chris Hayes. While he did not host Reid’s show, a network official said that the cable channel opted to stick with its more recognizable weekday hosts rather than hand over the reins to weekend anchors. Hasan’s Peacock show is taped, and the network official said his show was shelved in favor of keeping coverage on the NBC streaming service more up-to-date.

Middle East divisions have also spilled into the company’s internal politics. On Wednesday, an NBCU engineer organized a network-wide support event for staff who felt grief over the conflict. But a Slack channel dedicated to the event devolved into fighting after the engineer rebuked a producer for Velshi’s show who asked why there were no Palestinians speaking at the event.

“I’m creating an event for those interested in hearing updates about the situation in Israel and a place to share family/friend stories from on the ground,” the NBC event organizer said, noting that there would be a rabbi in attendance.

“There’s no Palestinian representation at this?” Velshi’s producer asked.

“This is not about Palestinians and Jews/Israelis,” the organizer said, tagging NBC’s HR director. “This is about terrorists and Jews/Israelis. Anyone entering this group needs to denounce terror and what happened on Saturday. Claims of ‘freedom fighting,’ rationalizations, really, anything not explicitly and unequivocally about being supportive during this difficult time; these do NOT belong here.”

Velshi’s producer said that the employee had sent them a private message including some “incredibly offensive things.”

“You’re on here equating the loss of Palestinian civilian life with terrorism and saying that I have no right to grieve, as you do. You’re putting words in my mouth, demanding that I denounce terror as if I had anything to do with it. Not sure how you have managed to twist all this from a simple question asking, where can I, as someone with friends who are currently trapped in both Gaza and Israel, go to grieve?” the producer responded.

An NBC HR representative then stepped in and pleaded with staff to “maintain decorum,” sharing the company’s employee conduct handbook, and advising them to attend a company diversity, equity, and inclusion meeting.

In 2014, Mohyeldin, the network’s most experienced reporter in Gaza, was abruptly pulled from NBC’s coverage of the region and replaced by Richard Engel for several days. CNN reported at the time that NBC executives did not give him a concrete explanation beyond citing vague “security reasons.” Semafor reported that when violence erupted in Gaza in 2021, MSNBC executives had privately expressed discomfort with hosts Hasan and Mohyeldin for their coverage.

Other decisions about coverage of the conflict in recent years have caused division among network employees. One person with knowledge said that NBC News standards asked shows in 2021 to refer to “Israel and the Palestinians” instead of “Israel and Palestine” because the U.S. government does not officially recognize Palestine.

During the flare up in 2021, Mohyeldin and Hasan both covered the conflict with an emphasis on the impact of violence on Palestinian civilians, and with a strong skepticism of the use of Israeli military force. This prompted criticism from some American political pundits. A Washington Examiner editor at the time accused Mohyeldin in a tweet of “denying Israel’s existence” following the anchor’s aggressive questioning of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s spokesman.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
To the folks not processing this well I urge them to unplug from this for a little bit. If you ate built to seenthis level of slaughter you won't come out right on the other side.

Save your mental health

Amen

I watched plenty of war documentaries where they show the slaughter and war crime results.

I was just having a conversation with my cousin about this war. I told her wars are ugly, unforgiven, and brutal. She was in straight shock mode. She was totally oblivious to war and brutality.

That Russia/Ukraine was is straight salvage. Why did I see that video on Reddit of a Ukrainian soldier being castrated.

:damn:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Amen

I watched plenty of war documentaries where they show the slaughter and war crime results.

I was just having a conversation with my cousin about this war. I told her wars are ugly, unforgiven, and brutal. She was in straight shock mode. She was totally oblivious to war and brutality.

That Russia/Ukraine was is straight salvage. Why did I see that video on Reddit of a Ukrainian soldier being castrated.

:damn:
Tik tok and social media in general is about to expose a lot of people to the atrocities and reality of war if it hasn't already.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
One of my colleagues is Palestinian. Been checking on her all day. She just responded. She said she and the kids are OK but they've already had a loss and she's received two goodbye voicemails in the last hour. I have no idea what to say to her. She told me to tell people to write their state representatives and say they are against Palestinian genocide.

Palestinian and Israeli peace and human rights organisations​

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
What kind of weird bubble do yall live in where you thought Israel would be receiving criticism in response to a terrorist attack?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Biden is already walking back previous statements. The backlash is building.
US still going to support Israel. We aren’t going to risk the destabilization of their closest regional partner.

After Israel wraps this up there will be far more discussion on the state of things, but right now they’re going to get to satisfy their bloodlust.

@GnauzBookOfRhymes gets it :manny: