NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Which of the two are on the table? Newsflash, you can't just sit on a place for decades and say I'm waiting for peace and these guys have no rights in my government. Assad or China would be happy as hell if the rebels or Tibet were like "alright bro let me just join your government." Israel won't leave and they won't accept incorporation. They have either permanent occupation or ethnic cleansing. Israel has a ton of not-so-freedom-loving people. They even have political parties with representation in government. Hamas doesn't even enforce a Sharia government in that stateless strip of land anyway. I guess you should support Hamas cause they have a more 'free' government than if some of those Israeli parties took over.

:troll:

If hamas had the equivalent power of the netanyahu admin +mossad+ the armed forces combination, how will the country turn out? More or less modern? More or less free? More or less successful? Seriously asking.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Egypt's prime minister prepared to visit the Gaza Strip on Friday in an unprecedented display of solidarity with Hamas militants embroiled in a new escalation of conflict with Israel that risks spiraling into all-out war.

Two rockets from Gaza crashed near Tel Aviv in the first such attack on Israel's commercial capital for 20 years. One fell into the Mediterranean Sea and the other in an uninhabited part of one of the Tel Aviv suburbs south of the city.

Two days of Israeli air strikes have killed 19 Palestinians, including seven militants and 12 civilians, among them six children and a pregnant woman. A Hamas rocket killed three Israelis in the town of Kiryat Malachi on Thursday morning.

Egypt PM to visit Gaza in support of Hamas against Israel | Reuters

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

went to morocco for a month, became a middle east expert

Moved to Canada became an atheist

Troll.jpg

I love history, politics, and international relations. Don't be salty.

One funny thing about my trip there were a bunch of guys talking one night and the Palestinian issue came up. Everyone agreed they didn't like Israel but they hated Iran even more for being Shia. Maybe hated is strong but they didnt care if America hit them.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps

If hamas had the equivalent power of the netanyahu admin +mossad+ the armed forces combination, how will the country turn out? More or less modern? More or less free? More or less successful? Seriously asking.

It doesn't make sense though. That's my point. Hamas is a militant resistance group. Saying you support Israel's actions because what would happen if Hamas took over is like saying you support apartheid cause if the ANC had power everyone would be tortured to death (which is what the ANC was doing to people). Plus it's also skirting the issue that there are a ton of leftist Palestinian resistance groups too so it's not just about Hamas. Palestinian resistance groups like pan-arabist groups used to be secular leftists. the west wasn't into that either. The counterfactual has already been tried here.

As for the general point. There are huge volumes of Europeans arguing that they should stay in Africa and Asia and other colonies because they're more "civilized" than the locals. It's not a valid argument. If you took a poll of Gaza right now everyone would be against blockade and bombardment. Israel's peace with Egypt and Saudi Arabia and Jordan and all these places is based on non-free governments cooperating with them. Don't even pretend like it's about the occupied population's "freedom."

L.S.

Unregistered User
Daps
Reppin
My City
Israeli Iron Dome missile shield.

Eats most of them shyts brehs :cape:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
The biggest question mark in all of this is how Egypt will react to this escalation between Hamas and Israel. Right now they are just wagging their finger at Israel and calling for the US and UN to calm Israel down but if things continue to escalate I wonder if they will step in and provide support for Hamas especially considering the president of Egypt is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

The Egyptians don't want that work.

Can we bet coli cash on the outcome?

good idea!

we should also set-up some type of geopolitical fantasy league where we can bet on or accumulate points based on our predictions of things such as:

• the outcome of wars
  • where the next terrorist attack will likely occur
  • where the next civil war will take place
  • which dictator will be toppled next
  • which terrorist leader is going to be killed next, etc etc

yea,I know it's fukked up but :lolbron:

250 rockets and only 3 dead?

they got really bad aim

they like shooters in the ghetto

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
It doesn't make sense though. That's my point. Hamas is a militant resistance group. Saying you support Israel's actions because what would happen if Hamas took over is like saying you support apartheid cause if the ANC had power everyone would be tortured to death (which is what the ANC was doing to people). Plus it's also skirting the issue that there are a ton of leftist Palestinian resistance groups too so it's not just about Hamas. Palestinian resistance groups like pan-arabist groups used to be secular leftists. the west wasn't into that either. The counterfactual has already been tried here.

As for the general point. There are huge volumes of Europeans arguing that they should stay in Africa and Asia and other colonies because they're more "civilized" than the locals. It's not a valid argument. If you took a poll of Gaza right now everyone would be against blockade and bombardment. Israel's peace with Egypt and Saudi Arabia and Jordan and all these places is based on non-free governments cooperating with them. Don't even pretend like it's about the occupied population's "freedom."

My logic on this conflict is specific to this conflict. On many occasions it has been clearly stated that the intent of a very dangerous however big group wants to wipe israel off the map, as soon as they are able to. Widespread success for any of these resistance groups will create the environment needed for this plan to be developed and executed. Similar to us being in iraq/afghanistan, yet us also trying to live there at the same time.

I would have abstained from SA apartheid struggles as a government at the time or would have put some sanctions on SA until Mandela proved himself, which he quickly did as remarkable. If the Palestinians had a Mandela or a Gandhi its a whole nother ball game friend. I supported the chetniks over josef broz as well even though josefs regime resulted in a fairly successful yugoslavia. Cant just cherry pick my logic in a given case and apply it to others necessarily.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
My logic on this conflict is specific to this conflict. On many occasions it has been clearly stated that the intent of a very dangerous however big group wants to wipe israel off the map, as soon as they are able to. Widespread success for any of these resistance groups will create the environment needed for this plan to be developed and executed. Similar to us being in iraq/afghanistan, yet us also trying to live there at the same time.

I would have abstained from SA apartheid struggles as a government at the time or would have put some sanctions on SA until Mandela proved himself, which he quickly did as remarkable. If the Palestinians had a Mandela or a Gandhi its a whole nother ball game friend. I supported the chetniks over josef broz as well even though josefs regime resulted in a fairly successful yugoslavia. Cant just cherry pick my logic in a given case and apply it to others necessarily.

No, it wouldn't be different. Israel opposes palestinian statehood or recognition on any front, not just that of certain groups' actions. All the The West Bank gets for their cooperation with Israel is expansioning settlements, split roads and fences, and general harassment and discrimination. Hamas actually works with Israel--this man they just assassinated was in two way truce talks (probably a fake on Israel's part) before they got him. Your "freedom" argument for supporting these actions is laughable, the exact same as burning a village to "save" it.

Like I said there is not going to be any military solution to this problem. But meanwhile people like you who don't count occupation blockade and war as a problem can stop pretending rigging fences around a population and killing a bunch from time to time is "freedom."

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
No, it wouldn't be different. Israel opposes palestinian statehood or recognition on any front, not just that of certain groups' actions. All the The West Bank gets for their cooperation with Israel is expansioning settlements, split roads and fences, and general harassment and discrimination. Hamas actually works with Israel--this man they just assassinated was in two way truce talks (probably a fake on Israel's part) before they got him. Your "freedom" argument for supporting these actions is laughable, the exact same as burning a village to "save" it.

Like I said there is not going to be any military solution to this problem. But meanwhile people like you who don't count occupation blockade and war as a problem can stop pretending rigging fences around a population and killing a bunch from time to time is "freedom."

Stop grandstanding on strawlegs...your argument has frail ankles.