The Official HBCU Thread

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I think you mean 2013 or 2015 when SU came to the Gump. I wasn’t at those games but the videos on YouTube speak for themselves :francis:

we were rebuilding is the excuse I’ve been using :mjlol:

SU’s media team is undefeated though.
Whoever the lead Doll is this year is blessed up front :mjlit:

Yea 2015, I believe that it was. Those YT clips are priceless lol

I believe the clips are shot from the endzone area, with nothing but ASU band folks. :russ:

I die laughing at them brehs and brehettes :mjlol: Pure comedy. Love yall band folks breh.

That dancing doll line in 06 :whew:. Yall came to Mumford and yall were lining up on our track to march out, and it was about 20-30 of us on the track that had cut into yall dance line. Man I seen a chick (I think the captain) that chick had green eyes. :wow:

I could have proposed to her, yall line that year 06 was amazing.

Breh, do you have any pictures of that line or those chicks :lolbron:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yea 2015, I believe that it was. Those YT clips are priceless lol

I believe the clips are shot from the endzone area, with nothing but ASU band folks. :russ:

I die laughing at them brehs and brehettes :mjlol: Pure comedy. Love yall band folks breh.

That dancing doll line in 06 :whew:. Yall came to Mumford and yall were lining up on our track to march out, and it was about 20-30 of us on the track that had cut into yall dance line. Man I seen a chick (I think the captain) that chick had green eyes. :wow:

I could have proposed to her, yall line that year 06 was amazing.

Breh, do you have any pictures of that line or those chicks :lolbron:

283159467_62f834838f_b.jpg

im pretty sure that’s the 06 line. I was crabbing at the time and didn’t pay too much attention to them but they were all cool as hell.

that little section behind the end zone at our stadium is always full of band old heads :mjlol:

I haven’t been to a game in the new stadium yet but next time SU, JSU or FAMU is there I may go.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
283159467_62f834838f_b.jpg

im pretty sure that’s the 06 line. I was crabbing at the time and didn’t pay too much attention to them but they were all cool as hell.

that little section behind the end zone at our stadium is always full of band old heads :mjlol:

I haven’t been to a game in the new stadium yet but next time SU, JSU or FAMU is there I may go.

The middle on, I assume is the captain, baddie. Whew. That's the one.

Wonder how life is treating her now.

I was all in her ear that night while on the track, telling her to leave the band and running away with me and she was smiling, Lol,

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Flashback to the past:wow:

*On the phone with a Pawg that attends Mississippi College

Kruger: "So you want me to pick u up and smoke u out then beat the brakes off u or what?"

Pawg: "You know I do Kruger! Where we gone be at?"

Kruger: "My dorm room on campus." :mjgrin:

Pawg: "Where do you go to school again?"

Kruger: "You know i go to Jackson State!" :mjgrin:

Pawg: "Where is it located again?"

Kruger: "On Lynch Street" :mjgrin:

Pawg: "Lynch Street in the projects?

Kruger:" Yeah! "

Pawg: Where all the abandoned houses are?

Kruger: "Yeah!"

Pawg: "Oh cool!"
*Ma$e 'Love u So' plays... :mjgrin:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
HBCU basketball teams that have won an NCAA Tournament game (hbcusports.com)
The most exciting time in college basketball is upon us as the NCAA Tournament tips off tonight with the First Four.

Featured in the First Four will be the Texas Southern Tigers who will look to play into the Round of 64 when they face Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.

Last year, Texas Southern along with Norfolk State made history winning in their respective first four games marking the first time two HBCUs won a game in the NCAA tournament.
While the Tigers will look to repeat history tonight, the Spartans have already qualified for the 64-team field as they will face the number one seed and reigning NCAA champs Baylor Bears.

With this in mind, let’s take a look back at previous times HBCUs won games in the NCAA tournament.

SUMBB-March-1993.png

some good history of HBCUs in NCAA Tournament