The Official HBCU Thread

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I remember her, but I dont remember her name. The Stingettes were cool af tho bruh..they chilled with us & everything even though we had to shave all our facial hair while we were crabbing. You would think you gotta be a superstar football player to snag a dance girl but nah they approachable as hell, just gotta have your shyt straight. I know one Doll at SU married one of the drummers there, so it wasnt impossible for us band nikkas to get with them lol.

And I marched in 06 too...I was excited as hell cause I was a SU fan. I discovered them near the tail end of my sr. year in high school in 06, and wanted to switch from ASU to SU, but it was too late, and moms said she wasnt signed no papers for me to go to college in Louisiana cause Katrina had just happened, and she said she wasnt sending me down there with all that sin in Louisiana :beli:

I remember as soon as we passed the tennis courts and hit the track to march in at Mumford, the Jukebox struck up Vice Versa as we were coming in. Ill never forget that shyt. I almost got off step cause I had to turn my head and just appreciate what was happening, but a upperclassmen behind me told me to "turn ya got damn head back straight" lmao

I havent been back to Mumford since. I gotta see what SU's schedule is so I can do some planning.

:russ::deadmanny:

Them dudes were known for doing that petty shyt smh. Breh you have answered my million dollar question, I would always wonder if when they would play songs as the bands were rounding that tennis court, and hitting the track, did it affect their steps:mjlol:

Man save your time, our home school is ass, we mainly are road warriors this year. Hell I don't even wanna attend the home games, but I'm going to support and shyt. But we got some good road games.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:russ::deadmanny:

Them dudes were known for doing that petty shyt smh. Breh you have answered my million dollar question, I would always wonder if when they would play songs as the bands were rounding that tennis court, and hitting the track, did it affect their steps:mjlol:

Man save your time, our home school is ass, we mainly are road warriors this year. Hell I don't even wanna attend the home games, but I'm going to support and shyt. But we got some good road games.

3:10 they all off step lol

Tennessee State some lames tho. SU almost had me but ya boy aint going out like TnSU

I just saw yall schedule, and youre right. that shyt is ASS! Only games worth going to are Prairie View and AAMU..I dont really give a fukk bout PV and AAMU band probably wont travel to Mumford. I just wanna taste some real Louisiana food and find me a cajun girl with a Louisiana accent :noah:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Student wants assault charges against Morehouse College employee

"The alleged actions by the Morehouse employee, which the student said included unwanted hugs and touching, were an assault, the attorneys, Tiffany M. Simmons and Corey Martin, told reporters at a news conference. The lawyers said they plan to discuss their complaints with law enforcement. The Atlanta college, they said, violated federal guidelines by inadequately responding to the student’s complaints in January 2018 about what he said was physical, as well as verbal, misconduct."

@xoxodede

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Student wants assault charges against Morehouse College employee

"The alleged actions by the Morehouse employee, which the student said included unwanted hugs and touching, were an assault, the attorneys, Tiffany M. Simmons and Corey Martin, told reporters at a news conference. The lawyers said they plan to discuss their complaints with law enforcement. The Atlanta college, they said, violated federal guidelines by inadequately responding to the student’s complaints in January 2018 about what he said was physical, as well as verbal, misconduct."

@xoxodede

Saw this last week. Not surprised at all.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Saw this last week. Not surprised at all.

remember what I told you about native Atlanta teens not wanting to go to Morehouse? Things like this arent helping lol.

My brother graduated high school 2 years ago, and refused to apply to Morehouse..he's at Fort Valley now. I graduated HS 13 years ago and young bruhs in the city still feel the same way about Morehouse lol

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Former Southern University band director pocketed $293,000 in public funds, state audit says

Former Southern University band director Nathan Haymer used an unauthorized third party to collect public funds due to the school and then kept about $293,000 in possible violation of state and federal laws, Legislative Auditor Daryl Purpera said in a report issued Monday.

Haymer set up the collection system without approval of the school and used some of the money for personal purposes, according to a summary that accompanied the 45-page review.

@Theolodius_Black
BRUH
I hope this aint true man...dude too damn talented to be doing shady shyt like this. I wonder if Texas Southern still going to bring him on..

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Former Southern University band director pocketed $293,000 in public funds, state audit says

Former Southern University band director Nathan Haymer used an unauthorized third party to collect public funds due to the school and then kept about $293,000 in possible violation of state and federal laws, Legislative Auditor Daryl Purpera said in a report issued Monday.

Haymer set up the collection system without approval of the school and used some of the money for personal purposes, according to a summary that accompanied the 45-page review.

@Theolodius_Black
BRUH
I hope this aint true man...dude too damn talented to be doing shady shyt like this. I wonder if Texas Southern still going to bring him on..
I remember when he got fired. Duke tried to say famu do the same thing:francis:

fukked up part is Patty Greggs got let go for doing shady shyt too :francis:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I remember when he got fired. Duke tried to say famu do the same thing:francis:

fukked up part is Patty Greggs got let go for doing shady shyt too :francis:

He’ll never work at a college again if this is all true. Breh may as well just go back to teaching high schools now.

Sad cause he could have really done some great things but no one person is greater than the “S”. They’ll be straight like always

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@NO-BadAzz I learned something new today..I had no idea SU was the only HBCU with their own system :ohhh:

Southern University System - Wikipedia
The Southern University System is a system of public historically black universities in the U.S. state of Louisiana. Its headquarters are at the Joseph Samuel Clark Administration Building on the Southern University campus in Baton Rouge. The Southern University System is the only historically black college system in the United States

:salute:
I know they hate that shyt down there. Thank God Jindal not in office anymore.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
@NO-BadAzz I learned something new today..I had no idea SU was the only HBCU with their own system :ohhh:

Southern University System - Wikipedia
The Southern University System is a system of public historically black universities in the U.S. state of Louisiana. Its headquarters are at the Joseph Samuel Clark Administration Building on the Southern University campus in Baton Rouge. The Southern University System is the only historically black college system in the United States

:salute:
I know they hate that shyt down there. Thank God Jindal not in office anymore.

Jindal tried to take us out Breh smh.

We still fighting, pray for us Breh.:wow:

We gotta keep supporting our HBCUs

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
He’ll never work at a college again if this is all true. Breh may as well just go back to teaching high schools now.

Sad cause he could have really done some great things but no one person is greater than the “S”. They’ll be straight like always

I think dude has a YT channel for cooking.

Man I hate it had to be him

Pettiness was needed in the band world and he brought it back. Lmaoo