The Official HBCU Thread

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I gotta request my transcript from the community college i went to. I forgot what my gpa was...it was 2. something ....im thinking either 2.5 or 2.3 :sadcam:

Even though it got like an 85 percent acceptance rate...im nervous if i apply for attending next year i end up getting turned down :dead: ...even if i do early admission to increase my chances im nervous lol

do you know if you are pretty much in if you are in that gpa range?
PV has open enrollment

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
PV has open enrollment

I'd say PV. Southern does have some BAAD ones, though.

PV also gives the added benefit of being pretty close to U of H, Rice and Texas Southern. Cast your net even wider.

SU does have the close proximity of LSU, but from what I've seen/heard during my visits to each campus, PV is the better actual school, which is what I'd hope you'd base your decision on.

Thanks again for the help guys. Ill still apply to both when the applications start agaiin and try to start attending for either next summer or fall .

This video below and the channel helps alot...the dude dropped alot of damn good info...i think i may know alot about the college by the time i attend

do alot of hbcus or universities in general have that benefit with the meal plans?

obviously i can save alot of money through cooking if i got a way to make money on campus but maybe the cheapest plan could work...that way i know i always got one or two guaranteed meals :manny:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes...another HBCU thread

This time its not for me, im still gonna focus on engineering, this is more so for my younger sister . She still young now but i think its something she is interested in and wanted to know if anyone knows the HBCUs that have the best programs for that field, especially "EARLY CHILDHOOD" in particular.

I saw NSU list a couple nice courses that they had...anyone familiar with that?

If anyone knows some others it wold be greatly appreciated. Trying to promote an HBCU cause i'm a big believer in them

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My nikka if yo creep ass ever worked with kids I’m personally gonna get on my permit patty shyt.

cac.jpg

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
JSU.jpg

0fd0e1ed740b73a0337d77261fddab9e--jackson-state-university-jackson-mississippi.jpg

Jsettes.jpg
14360050_1083470051707098_7638520265588080640_n.jpg

African American brah at an African American University:mjgrin:

No whammies:wow::wow::wow:

So when yall trying to smash, what yall do tell your roommate in advanced? Lol what do you do.

I heard Jackson State has one of the best education programs of any HBCU, its their specialty supposedly from what i heard, just like how other HBCUs have their specialty.

Can you tell me a bit about the area or campus though? Not for me i plan to go to PVAMU. But i know someone who would fit Jackson perfectly because of the education program but she may have family that just hears Mississippi and would be like :whoa: and be petrified.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So when yall trying to smash, what yall do tell your roommate in advanced? Lol what do you do.

I heard Jackson State has one of the best education programs of any HBCU, its their specialty supposedly from what i heard, just like how other HBCUs have their specialty.

Can you tell me a bit about the area or campus though? Not for me i plan to go to PVAMU. But i know someone who would fit Jackson perfectly because of the education program but she may have family that just hears Mississippi and would be like :whoa: and be petrified.

im sure it's easier these days..i assume all colleges have suite style dorms where you have your own room but yall share a common area and a restroom.

when I was in college in 2006 we had traditional dorms..small ass room with two twin beds in it, and a whole hall shared the restrooms and showers :wow:
i use to tell my roommate I need the room alone for a few hours and he would bounce..the hard part was sneaking the females in. that'll be your biggest issue

i cant speak about JSU cause I never been on their campus but if its like every other HBCU in the country then its in the hood and surrounded by black people :pachaha:

Mississippi has the highest percentage of black people out of every state, so your homegirl would be fine. Ive rode through Mississippi plenty of times its just country as fukk and probably the least developed state outside of Montana and Idaho but its a lot of black ppl there. Them days of being followed on a dark road by the klan are over breh you'll experience some racist shyt out west and up north just as much as you will in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia or South Carolina.

If she is going to school for education, I HIGHLY recommend Alabama State University. That is our specialy. If im not mistaken, we produce the most black teachers out of any school..damn near half the school are education majors.

We were founded by freed slaves in 1867 for the purpose to train newly freed blacks to become teachers, and we continue that tradition to this day

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
im sure it's easier these days..i assume all colleges have suite style dorms where you have your own room but yall share a common area and a restroom.

when I was in college in 2006 we had traditional dorms..small ass room with two twin beds in it, and a whole hall shared the restrooms and showers :wow:
i use to tell my roommate I need the room alone for a few hours and he would bounce..the hard part was sneaking the females in. that'll be your biggest issue

i cant speak about JSU cause I never been on their campus but if its like every other HBCU in the country then its in the hood and surrounded by black people :pachaha:

Mississippi has the highest percentage of black people out of every state, so your homeboy would be fine. Ive rode through Mississippi plenty of times its just country as fukk and probably the least developed state outside of Montana and Idaho but its a lot of black ppl there. Them days of being followed on a dark road by the klan are over breh you'll experience some racist shyt out west and up north just as much as you will in Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia or South Carolina.

Well its different because its a female. My younger sister lol, she turning 15 in two months. I haven't brought up any of this but i know how my family will react, its just that i want her to go to one HBCU after she graduates just like i plan to go to one next year. I think it will help build character for her. I can understand the hesitation though if i were to say it, with it being in a state that has the old reputation and her being a female from the North with no family in the South

All these old HBCU threads i been studying on the coli in the past week to prepare myself for next year i just got a weird mindset like i'm going to Hogwarts or something :dead: :pachaha: Its just a feeling i can't explain, im mad excited to go.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Well its different because its a female. My younger sister lol, she turning 15 in two months. I haven't brought up any of this but i know how my family will react, its just that i want her to go to one HBCU after she graduates just like i plan to go to one next year. I think it will help build character for her. I can understand the hesitation though if i were to say it, with it being in a state that has the old reputation and her being a female from the North with no family in the South

All these old HBCU threads i been studying on the coli in the past week to prepare myself for next year i just got a weird mindset like i'm going to Hogwarts or something :dead: :pachaha: Its just a feeling i can't explain, im mad excited to go.

bruh real talk I love my people, but she has a higher chance to get robbed or shot by a black person in Jackson..
The crime rate there is insane for such a small city and its almost 80% black.

you'll love PVAM tho they just build an on campus stadium and I hear nothing but good things about the school. I know campus and the games gonna be lit when yall play Texas Southern and whenever Southern University brings their band to yall stadium.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
bruh real talk I love my people, but she has a higher chance to get robbed or shot by a black person in Jackson..
The crime rate there is insane for such a small city and its almost 80% black.

you'll love PVAM tho they just build an on campus stadium and I hear nothing but good things about the school. I know campus and the games gonna be lit when yall play Texas Southern and whenever Southern University brings their band to yall stadium.

:dead:

off topic but Alcorn SOD did PV something dirty in that new stadium in 2016 :troll: