The Official 'Harley Quinn' Animated Series Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I don't enjoy this any more.

It's probably as good as it was when it started, I think the charm of it just wore off.

Zdhxrmn.png

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Reaching the end of season 2 and it's looking like the romance between Harley and Ivy might end up derailing the show. If Dr Psycho gets downgraded from a main character it might also hurt.

Ivy still isn't my favorite character but I've learned to tolerate her. Her and Harley can play off others and be solid characters. Joker, Bane, Gordon, and Batman are usually gold in whatever scenes they get. Clayface and Dr Psycho can also be pretty funny. King Shark is in the same boat as Harley and Ivy.

Just watching this and Velma it's so obvious Velma wants to be this show. Velma's problem is it does it's own thing while this show often exaggerates on known traits of the characters so it's somewhat faithful even as a parody.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
About halfway through season 3 and Harley and Ivy's relationship is messing up the show. They aren't even compatible they're total opposites and it's clear Ivy finds Harley to be annoying but doesn't have the heart to tell her. Hell she shows more irritation than she ever did with Kite Man. The story telling has gone down the drain to focus on this relationship. The show needs to be about something else. It's getting like Steve Urkel Carl Winslow level silly.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
:jbhmm: I think the absence of Dr. Psycho made a bit of a difference. When he came back for an episode it felt like it did in earlier seasons. I know some fans specifically hated him but I found him funny.

I also feel like there's pressure for the writers to get the Harl-Ivy relationship right. I've noticed on shows I've watched with lesbian characters there seems to be a higher pressure from both a narrative aspect but even more from a representation aspect, like there are lesbians who watch this simply for the ship and they very outspoken on social media.

Also, I watched that trailer and this is a small irrelevant gag but seeing that dog mount the cat. After knowing someone who bred dogs and how that happens and them getting 'stuck' that shyt is horrifying.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:jbhmm: I think the absence of Dr. Psycho made a bit of a difference. When he came back for an episode it felt like it did in earlier seasons. I know some fans specifically hated him but I found him funny.

I also feel like there's pressure for the writers to get the Harl-Ivy relationship right. I've noticed on shows I've watched with lesbian characters there seems to be a higher pressure from both a narrative aspect but even more from a representation aspect, like there are lesbians who watch this simply for the ship and they very outspoken on social media.

Also, I watched that trailer and this is a small irrelevant gag but seeing that dog mount the cat. After knowing someone who bred dogs and how that happens and them getting 'stuck' that shyt is horrifying.
Dr. Psycho added conflict and tension to the group. Everyone else just gets along so well. Clay and Shark just go along and Harley and Ivy ultimately get along with everyone. The crew dynamic is too peaceful now.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ok the rest of season 3 was good. Heavy focus on the Bat family. Dr. Psycho returning. The dedicated Joker episode. All good.