The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I was so geeked off the season 2 finale I thought everyone except Will was probably dead.

But Will, Jack and Alana (Alan in the novels) are all alive after "Silence Of The Lambs", and during "The Red Dragon".

So it's not as random as it seems.

Fred.
Yo I can't be the only one who laughed at that side angle shot last night of Hannibal tryin to bulldoze the door open with his shoulder. The clip from the finale. Just the way it was cut was random. Might even been slow mo :heh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo I can't be the only one who laughed at that side angle shot last night of Hannibal tryin to bulldoze the door open with his shoulder. The clip from the finale. Just the way it was cut was random. Might even been slow mo :heh:

You mean when he's diving at the door when Alana walks in?

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

the determination from lecter during that scene had me dying the first time I saw it...and when I saw it again during the last episode I was still :laff:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Yea but I think they let the critical hype of Season 2 get to them . This was a show whose first two seasons were on Friday night. When most people are not even home. And then they moved it to Thursday primetime
First season was on Thursdays. It moved to Friday for season 2, then back.

Honestly, even though this is my favorite current show (ahead of GoT, etc.) I won't be upset as long as we get a complete 3rd season. If they wrap up their version of "Red Dragon" I'll be happy, I DON'T need a rehash of "Silence of the Lambs" at all.

40 Episodes is plenty for a high-quality show.
:what:

There's absolutely no chance they do Red Dragon already in S3.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
:ohhh:

guess i forgot.. i would always watch it on next day on the DVR for s1 :heh:
I only remember because season 1's lead-in was actually Parks and Rec and The Office :heh: I remember laughing at the misguided hijinks of Michael Scott and then immediately they promo "NEXT ON HANNIBAL" and its the totem pole of torsos :merchant:

Lol they really had no idea what to do w the show from the beginning smh

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
They're at least STARTING Red Dragon this year:
http://www.slashfilm.com/hannibal-season-3-promo/
Ah, I didnt know that. Been avoiding promos so as not to spoil. Still its surprising given the first four episodes have been a slow burn and that's already nearly a third of the season. There must be another time jump in there, or else they're introducing Dollarhyde early in the story before Hannibal is imprisoned.

Apparently Fuller said its 50/50 whether the show continues on :mjcry:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I wasnt a fan of the new verger. Michael pitt was better. This new guy is just trying his best to be gary oldmans version instead of doing his own thing. And the make up,look of him doesnt compare to the film. :yeshrug:

other than it was the best episode of the season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ah, I didnt know that. Been avoiding promos so as not to spoil. Still its surprising given the first four episodes have been a slow burn and that's already nearly a third of the season. There must be another time jump in there, or else they're introducing Dollarhyde early in the story before Hannibal is imprisoned.

Apparently Fuller said its 50/50 whether the show continues on :mjcry:

Minor spoilers for the rest of the season. Not spoilers so much as an explanation:

Episodes 1-7 are about apprehending Hannibal. 8-13 are a few years in the future, after Hannibal has been locked up a while. Will is married and retired. That's when The Red Dragon starts killing.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Update on the "Hannibal" cancellation. This is still a long way from "season 4 confirmed" but it's good news at least.

More than one place has shown interest, and Bryan Fuller was asked for a production proposal so his studio can give an estimate on how much a season 4 would cost.

One of the main concerns besides cost is Fuller splitting his time between "American Gods" and "Hannibal". He took the other job because NBC told him a few months ago a season 4 wasn't likely. So if a season 4 were to happen, it might have an extended hiatus similar to "Game Of Thrones" or "Breaking Bad" between seasons.

Also if there is a season 4, 5, whatever they'll be shorter. NBC asked for 13 episodes, Fuller said ideally he'd like 10ish episodes per season.

Fred.