The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Now, I'm wondering how much of this stuff is in Will's head. Did Jack REALLY survive, or will he be another hallucination? When we saw Hannibal in the church basement, was he really there, or was that all in Will's mind? I vote that's he wasn't really there, since the last time we saw him he was on a train with Bedelia.

Last week when they showed the "Heart" in the church I thought it was just a torso. This weak revealed that it was almost an ENTIRE body, folded up like origami :damn:.

When Will mentioned that "everything possible happens," he was probably talking about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

My understanding of this theory is that an almost infinite number of parallel universes diverges off from every moment in time, so if anything is possible at all it must happen in at least one of the universes.
Basically, in one parallel universe Hannibal killed Abigail, and in another parallel universe she survived. That's why he said that the thing that he believes in is closer to "Science Fiction" than God.

I got a chuckle out of it when Will told the Italian detective that he was going to die. I thought "yeah, we all know that, we saw the movie". I think that's one of the reason that this season is so "abstract." They're starting to go over plotlines that have already been filmed before (the "Hannibal" and "Red Dragon" movies), so rather than doing a straightforward rehash they're telling the story in an insane way.

I think everyone else we're gonna see alive, is actually alive. Unless they explicitly say they're dead, and show them as flash backs/figments of his imagination. That's a trick that only works once and they pulled it off beautifully with Abigail.

I think Hannibal was actually in the church. I doubt it'll ever be clarified but he could've been on a train to the church. Also Will said "I forgive you", and I think the writers wanted us to know Hannibal heard that line, as opposed to Will just saying it out loud.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think everyone else we're gonna see alive, is actually alive. Unless they explicitly say they're dead, and show them as flash backs/figments of his imagination. That's a trick that only works once and they pulled it off beautifully with Abigail.

I think Hannibal was actually in the church. I doubt it'll ever be clarified but he could've been on a train to the church. Also Will said "I forgive you", and I think the writers wanted us to know Hannibal heard that line, as opposed to Will just saying it out loud.

Fred.

I was thinking that the "Hannibal" that Will was speaking to was the final form of the Deer Monster that walked away from the crime scene.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Did you notice how Abigail(or at least Will's imagination of her)told Will he knew exactly were to cut to keep her alive. While that obviously wasn't the truth with Abigail that must have been the truth with Will. He wanted to keep him alive. And why did Will tell Hannibal "I forgive you" at the end?
When Will tells the Italian detective "you shouldn't have come in here alone"
Then he says "I didnt, I came with you"
Then Will says "But you don't know who's side I'm on"
I was like:ohhh::lupe:
Did anybody notice any dope cinematography from this episode that I didn't catch at first like Hannibal's face being in the painting of the devil in the first episode?
it's that cat/mouse love/hate thing

they both know what the other one is... but at the same time, they are the same... will thinks about killing people and how it's done.. he's curious and imagines it... hannibal is the same, yet takes it one step farther and carries it out

they understand each other.. for the first time in both their lives, they found a best friend, who understood them... they want to be friends and live life... but they know they can't... hannibal cause will is a detective of some sorts... will because hannibal is a killer

that's why will tells abigail he wonders what life would be like he they all left... and hannibal tells gideon that he misses will.. and told beldea or whatever, that will is really his first friend

"you want to change me"

"i already have"

will would rather change hannibal... hannibal wants to change will... but will actually made hannibal change by getting hannibal to let him in and be his friend

shyt is too deep

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Fred.
he said i forgive you because hannibal talked to him about forgiveness in the season finale

first it starts with jack's wife... she has a long convo about forgiving, then she forgave hannibal

when hannibal cuts up everyone at the crib, he's speaking on forgiveness, and says i forgive you will... then asks if he'll forgive him.. then cuts her throat

will carries that around for 9 months... finally lets abigail go after all the talk of why hannibal would do that.... then when he's finally ready to face him alone... he tells him "i forgive you"

he knows that will get to hannibal... back to my previous post about them wanting to be friends

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
This is a really good interview

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/4/8729679/hannibal-season-3-interview-bryan-fuller

TV: How do you see the idea of the devil pertaining to Hannibal?

BF:I think one of the approaches to the show that has been most fun for me in giving it a broader mythological context is the suggestion that Hannibal Lecter is the devil, and that he is a fallen angel who is fascinated with humanity and wants to exploit it and reveal its weakness, and has somehow stumbled across such a pure example of humanity as to want a closer glimpse at something that he may have kept at arm's length because of that attraction.

Of course, the devil is the hero of his own story. It's the idea of humanizing the devil and recognizing that Hannibal is a devilish figure and a villain yet is also the hero of his own story. That's the nature of his relationship with Will Graham. He wants to leech out those things that Will may have deemed unseemly about his character and give him permission to embrace them.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
he said i forgive you because hannibal talked to him about forgiveness in the season finale

first it starts with jack's wife... she has a long convo about forgiving, then she forgave hannibal

when hannibal cuts up everyone at the crib, he's speaking on forgiveness, and says i forgive you will... then asks if he'll forgive him.. then cuts her throat

will carries that around for 9 months... finally lets abigail go after all the talk of why hannibal would do that.... then when he's finally ready to face him alone... he tells him "i forgive you"

he knows that will get to hannibal... back to my previous post about them wanting to be friends

I agree with everything you said. But I mean, I think he actually said it to Hannibal....because the other guy was asking if Hannibal was really there.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

Fred.

I was thinking about the show this morning before I work up, and I think I just realized something :scusthov:

The Italian detective says something like "Palermo is a long way from Florence". If the murder took place in Florence, that means that this scene does take place after they got off the train (to Sicily.) So how did the body get there?

Anyone watch the show "The Americans" on FX? I think Hannibal and Bedelia broke all the bones in the body and stuffed it in to a suitcase. They probably preserved it like prosciutto ham so it didn't smell. :damn:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Episode felt kinda slow to me, may need to rewatch it. The deer sequence had me sinking into my couch though. because it was grotesque and looked delicious at the same time. Yes, I know it was a human body but it looked like glazed chicken.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
tumblr_inline_mp45zj2D6s1qz4rgp.gif

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Episode felt kinda slow to me, may need to rewatch it. The deer sequence had me sinking into my couch though. because it was grotesque and looked delicious at the same time. Yes, I know it was a human body but it looked like glazed chicken.
:dwillhuh: it looked scust breh

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The cinematography alone puts this way over GOT

It might have been explained and I missed it, but how is Hannibal rich?

And I would be scared to tell people to watch this if they are not into crazy shyt,i imagine the looks you would get afterwards would be :dwillhuh::what::merchant::whoa: