The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The characterization of Warlock wasn't off base, really. He was originally born prematurely without any life experience. That's how he was portrayed here. I think the Warlock everyone remembers was the later iterations where he's competent.
Problem is they already told his competent story (infinity saga) without him. Nowhere else to go with the character now. just a waste.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
It was cool. I didn't shed tears like some people in here 🥴

That Orgocorp place was freaky. Just a big epidermis. For some reason it reminded me of an organic version of Tron

Counter-Earth was wild. Just the idea of recreating a whole planet & repopulating it with humanoid animals

The High Evolutionary is a variant. He even crossed over to DC:troll:

Star Lord said exactly what i was thinking. When i first saw the way the High Evolutionary's face was pulled back, Robocop was the first thing to pop into my head 🤣

But for some reason, i was expecting a few of the Guardians to actually die

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't know if the movies are getting lazier or if my patience for bad writing has just worn thin. So many lines and scenes that just fell flat for me. Canned lines that disrupted the flow all the time, characters making illogical decisions that felt like plot service left and right, goofy jokes that didn't fit the situation, bad acting, attitude in general that was often at odds with the situations they were in, fake-feeling infighting, an insane amount of body horror just for the sake of body horror, and gratuitous violence, sometimes with meaning and sometime just for kicks.

On the other hand, a few of the positives:

The portrayal of the High Evolutionary was great. Sometimes it felt like he and Rocket were the only two characters taking this shyt seriously.

Some of the Rocket and Friends scenes were lazily written, but you could still feel the emotion there and the day of death was heart-rending

Gomorra's senseless violence was a bit of commentary on violence in the genre as a whole, but everything they did to build it up later got destroyed by mixed messaging. Still, the scene where she shot girl in the thigh was incredible.

I liked the dog.

No lies told honestly. Floor gotta be one of the most horrific depictions in a pg-13 movie ever.

I've seen some dark superhero movies but this one definitely would fukk a lot of kids up as much as any of them.

You're gonna see 11 year olds turn into ecoterrorists off of this shyt.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
My biggest problem with Gunn is his tendacy to make things too simple and ignore the comics.
Phyla, Adam and Rocket have the exact same origin and the former two barely have any comic traits.
Star Lord's element guns is another miss IMO.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully Warlock gets more to do in future films but without the infinity gems and Thanos I really don't know what direction they could steer him. Maybe the Celestials?

I'm a big fan of the 70s run but I can't see Marvel going that route.