The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
My thoughts on Adam Warlock.

I would have rather have Adam not have his mother around, and just have him as this guy who comes out of nowhere but I understand Gunn's direction. Basically I understand that Adam is this person who is a 'Infant', new to the world. He sort of reminds me of Drax from GOTG, where he is pure action and just gets his ass kicked because he doesn't stop.

I get the Mother dying in the explosion, but I just didn't care about her (The acting was fine, but I just didn't care about the Character). Though what I do love, is that Groot is once more the heart of the team by accepting him right away... and Drax himself, the guy of pure anger at the start and just wanted to kill... told Adam, "Everyone Deserves a Second Chance."

For me that sealed Drax's character arc... as Thanos is dead, his wife and kid are avenged... and now he can retire in peace with Adam Warlock becoming not just the new Drax but possibly having some big stories up ahead.

That being said, Adam and Thor have to say hello to each other down the road; those two are like the same trope. :russ:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
My thoughts on Adam Warlock.

I would have rather have Adam not have his mother around, and just have him as this guy who comes out of nowhere but I understand Gunn's direction. Basically I understand that Adam is this person who is a 'Infant', new to the world. He sort of reminds me of Drax from GOTG, where he is pure action and just gets his ass kicked because he doesn't stop.

I get the Mother dying in the explosion, but I just didn't care about her (The acting was fine, but I just didn't care about the Character). Though what I do love, is that Groot is once more the heart of the team by accepting him right away... and Drax himself, the guy of pure anger at the start and just wanted to kill... told Adam, "Everyone Deserves a Second Chance."

For me that sealed Drax's character arc... as Thanos is dead, his wife and kid are avenged... and now he can retire in peace with Adam Warlock becoming not just the new Drax but possibly having some big stories up ahead.

That being said, Adam and Thor have to say hello to each other down the road; those two are like the same trope. :russ:
Yep. Was thinking the same thing with Adam and Thor. I was curious what power level they were gonna have Warlock at, as he's been all over the spectrum at different times throughout his existence. If they do more with him maybe they can have him as the tank they never really let Drax be.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Peter really think shyt sweet on earth, like they forgot what he did
:ufdup:

So Adam warlock can get a second chance but not the high evolutionary
E8-CE1-E3-B-552-F-4-DF8-A543-CF5-D6-B4-BA7-AF.png
Warlock killed one nikka. H.E. Killed likely billions

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-are racc00ns marsupials?

- they turned the guy who holds the Infinity Gauntlet into some golden moron? SMH

- I like the way they left it openended so they can bring folks back if necessary.

- they had the whole PeaceMaker cast except Cena

-anybody else feel like the pig and the turtle were references to Ninja Turtles?

- who's the little kid?

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
This was pretty good.
Observations:
1) They made Nebula the most competent guardian, plus she's a almost a T-500
2) Didn't like Star-Lord not using his boots and helmet. Also, he was a secondary character in his own franchise. He looked like an a$$hole/disinterested in the first half of the film.
3) Too much music, every few minutes
4) Adam Warlock was a joke...him and Phyla are the comic characters in name only.
5) I'm an animal lover and the abuse there was pretty intense
6) My friends didn't even notice the f-bomb
7) High Evolutionary was truly despicable which is refreshing after tons of generic Marvel villains
8) It's funny to me that Marvel had done everything to remove the "Rac00n" from the Rocket branding (toys, comics,etc), only to restore it here.
9) It's been like 7 years and dude still sucks with the Yondu whistle?
10) Great Yondu Cameo