The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I liked it 8/10. Good send off and major improvement over GotG Vol. 2 which was only saved by Yondu's death memorial. High Evolutionary was dope and the back story for Rocket was well done. First GotG was better but this was almost as good.
But I gotta say and I realized this recently and I'm in the minority but I'm just not into animals/pets. A lot of the heart strings they were trying to pull just don't resonate with me. And I will say I like Cap's trilogy better and think BP 2 is better (I really like that movie, I know I'm in the minority on that as well.)
Best thing about this is the conclusions for characters being as far from cliche/expected as possible. I like when movies are able to subvert expectations but do it in a believable way. Very dope ending to the movie/trilogy.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I liked it 8/10. Good send off and major improvement over GotG Vol. 2 which was only saved by Yondu's death memorial. High Evolutionary was dope and the back story for Rocket was well done. First GotG was better but this was almost as good.
But I gotta say and I realized this recently and I'm in the minority but I'm just not into animals/pets. A lot of the heart strings they were trying to pull just don't resonate with me. And I will say I like Cap's trilogy better and think BP 2 is better (I really like that movie, I know I'm in the minority on that as well.)
Best thing about this is the conclusions for characters being as far from cliche/expected as possible. I like when movies are able to subvert expectations but do it in a believable way. Very dope ending to the movie/trilogy.
Agreed @ Cap trilogy and BP2.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
James Gunn does a good job of balancing all the rotating parts. The action scenes and soundtrack are great and the comedy doesn’t wear out it’s welcome like other MCU movies.

Rockets backstory :mjcry:

Superman is in good hands with Gunn.

:mjlol: :mjlol:80s rock songs and "Reasons", :russell::russell::russell:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Peter really think shyt sweet on earth, like they forgot what he did
:ufdup:

So Adam warlock can get a second chance but not the high evolutionary
E8-CE1-E3-B-552-F-4-DF8-A543-CF5-D6-B4-BA7-AF.png

:mjcry: He got a "Reverse Gus Fring"; First he lost his face, then he blew up.

main-qimg-758c7bb6d9619e17245dbfba540cd36f

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Whether you're in Cobb, Douglas, Gwinett, Clayton, Dekalb, Newton, Rockdale, or Henry...every subdivision looks exactly the same. Them aliens was chilling in Conyers :russ:

Yeah.. I live in a town right outside of Houston called Pearland and I was like, "This shyt looks like Shadow Creek :heh: "

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
james gunn at dc is a legit threat to marvel for 1st time since nolan left

just had some coffee, get ready for an essay
-
- every recent marvel director I can think of (Coogler, Rainmi, Russo bros, etc) have had hits and misses. Taika Waititi in particular followed up Ragnarok with one of the shyttiest movies ever

- I liked parts of the recent spiderman, black panther, dr strange, even shang chi movies, but they all had flaws. it was impossible for coogler in particular to make that plot work.

- Gunn is all hits, no misses. I dont think hes put out a movie I didnt enjoy. Good & creative writing. Fast and streamlined plot. Solid music. Juust the right amount of humor, none of it corny.. I was genuinely laughing throughout

- Movie starts, boom, immediate stakes. Rocket is dying? lets go save him. The urgency is there and and its refreshing vs the long winding forced plots of other movies. again this stuff is all simple in theory but so many marvel movies lately feel awkward and forced. I get that Feige is trying to move Phase X Series character arc A-1 along, but I dont care

- every character got room to breathe. Nebula (love her), Dax, Mantis, Starlord, Gamora. this was a mster class in taking a big cast of characters and tying up their stories with a bow at the end

- ive really never thought much of chris pratt acting skills (outside of comedy) but him at the end losing it over rockets corpse was unreal. also lovd him getting one over on the receptionist chick and immediately disabling all the security guards

- fight scene choreography was outstanding. The last battle opening scene where they all walked into the loading bay as a group and started whoopin ass was A+. High evolutionary guy getting jumped by the group at the end was sick

- finally a movie without completely shytty CGI. lets have more of that

Last edited: