The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Rewatched the first two recently.

The first one is just simply a fun ride with a gang of moronic knuckleheads + Gamora. While watching that I am thinking how tf did these dudes manage to work each other :mjlol:

2nd one had more depth. With Nebula motivation actually making more sense, though the shift was kinda too drastic imo. Though this was Peter's movie and Ego may be powerful af. But the moment he told Peter that he put the tumor in his mom. He may be a god basically but he is a fukking stupid god. Altho I like that his arrogance got him beat. The stuff with Yondu I thought was real good. He didn't show it much but he was the idiot father that the idiot Peter needed.

The really focused on making this more comedic then 1.Imo that makes or breaks 2 imo. I fukk with it, but I get people who felt that it ruins the tone of the film.

We will see how 3 does. MCU track record has been much more inconsistent as of late since I feel like they are trying to do too much. But Guardians felt very much so with what the MCU wants to give you. An entertaining and fun movie experience.

One big concern I have is that I feel like this film will be like Ant Man where it does it job setting things up, which is cool if we talk about down the road. But the actual film will suffer because of it. I hope I am wrong regarding this.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Saw an advanced screening last night and :wow:

For the longest time I felt that the Steve Rogers “Captain America” trilogy was the best trilogy that came from the MCU. That title now goes to “Guardians Of The Galaxy.”

James Gunn just gets it, what he did with these 3 movies is special and quite honestly, this is the best MCU movie since “Infinity War” and “Endgame.” This movie wraps up the entire story of the Guardians in a nice wrapped bow. And to accomplish that within the MCU as a whole is quite impressive.

The MCU is going to miss James Gunn and honestly DC is in good hands. And this movie was his swan song to Marvel studios.

He just GETS it :damn:!!

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Saw an advanced screening last night and :wow:

For the longest time I felt that the Steve Rogers “Captain America” trilogy was the best trilogy that came the MCU. That title now goes to “Guardians Of The Galaxy.”

James Gunn just gets it, what he did with these 3 movies is special and quite honestly, this is the best MCU movie since “Infinity War” and “Endgame.” This movie wraps up the entire story of the Guardians in a nice wrapped bow. And to accomplish that within the MCU as a whole is quite impressive.

The MCU is going to miss James Gunn and honestly DC is in good hands. And this movie was his swan song to Marvel studios. DC is in good hands IMO..

He just GETS it :damn:!!

Better than Cap:patrice:
Any after credit scenes? How many?

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Rewatched the first two recently.

The first one is just simply a fun ride with a gang of moronic knuckleheads + Gamora. While watching that I am thinking how tf did these dudes manage to work each other :mjlol:

2nd one had more depth. With Nebula motivation actually making more sense, though the shift was kinda too drastic imo. Though this was Peter's movie and Ego may be powerful af. But the moment he told Peter that he put the tumor in his mom. He may be a god basically but he is a fukking stupid god. Altho I like that his arrogance got him beat. The stuff with Yondu I thought was real good. He didn't show it much but he was the idiot father that the idiot Peter needed.

The really focused on making this more comedic then 1.Imo that makes or breaks 2 imo. I fukk with it, but I get people who felt that it ruins the tone of the film.

We will see how 3 does. MCU track record has been much more inconsistent as of late since I feel like they are trying to do too much. But Guardians felt very much so with what the MCU wants to give you. An entertaining and fun movie experience.

One big concern I have is that I feel like this film will be like Ant Man where it does it job setting things up, which is cool if we talk about down the road. But the actual film will suffer because of it. I hope I am wrong regarding this.
Marvel is probably going to use stuff like Adam Warlock but Gunn’s Guardians haven’t really done much in terms of setting up stuff for the wider MCU. The way they noped out on Thor in Love and Thunder, which could have been its own film, is basically how this property has been used.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Better than Cap:patrice:
Any after credit scenes? How many?
In MY opinion, it’s up there with “Infinity War” and “Endgame” when it comes to a conclusion of character arcs from an emotion stand point.

There are 2 post credits scenes that kinda sorta give you glimpses of the future. But it’s more of an epilogue of the Guardians story.

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The Hype for this movie is still meh even after the premiere/fan screenings.

It’s box office will be real interesting to track, I could see the movie having decent legs but as of now it feels like it’ll underperform.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The Hype for this movie is still meh even after the premiere/fan screenings.

It’s box office will be real interesting to track, I could see the movie having decent legs but as of now it feels like it’ll underperform.
The only major competition is Mermaid and Fast X.

If it plummets in its second weekend then Marvel might want to think about reigning in these budgets and pushing X-Men forward in release.