The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This looks like another skip :yeshrug:

Only Marvel projects worth a damn this year will be the Nick Fury show and Ant man :yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Why would they show Rocket saving that ferret he clearly is emotionally connected with? :dahell:

Special effects look like ass. I'm tired of the generic looking "galaxy" green screen shyt :russell:

The good ol' "full circle" moment with all of them being in jail :dead:

Another MCU moving I ain't watching unless it gets undeniable buzz and praise :hubie:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
GoTG movies feels like the worst Marvel movies but they're the most profitable and best reviewed
The Guardians looked washed as fukk in Love & Thunder under Waititi, I think that's why I'm feeling so-so right now. Fortunately, this is Gunn's baby. His films within the MCU for the most part have had the most heart IMO and I just can't see him not delivering on their send-off (and his too).

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
GoTG movies feels like the worst Marvel movies but they're the most profitable and best reviewed

On one hand, GotG is more popular and profitable than, say, the Fantastic Four ever were. Otoh, comic F4's greatest contribution was introducing interesting new villains (Galactus, Doom) and allies (Surfer, Black Panther, Namor) that made you interested in F4's stories even if the core team was boring as shyt.

Whereas the MCU GotG didn't really prioritize that, despite the plethora of interesting cosmic characters (Nova, Blue Marvel, Genis-Vell, Annihilus, etc) available to be spring-boarded. The business decision seems to be just double-down on how well-liked the core team is and that'll be enough. I suppose they've earned that, but i can see why ppl feel underwhelmed by the marketed plot and stakes.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
On one hand, GotG is more popular and profitable than, say, the Fantastic Four ever were. Otoh, comic F4's greatest contribution was introducing interesting new villains (Galactus, Doom) and allies (Surfer, Black Panther, Namor) that made you interested in F4's stories even if the core team was boring as shyt.

Whereas the MCU GotG didn't really prioritize that, despite the plethora of interesting cosmic characters (Nova, Blue Marvel, Genis-Vell, Annihilus, etc) available to be spring-boarded. The business decision seems to be just double-down on how well-liked the core team is and that'll be enough. I suppose they've earned that, but i can see why ppl feel underwhelmed by the marketed plot and stakes.
This has Adam Warlock but you are right compared to Nova, Blue Marvel etc. He doesn't move the needle for general audiences.