The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Horrible casting with that kid as Adam Warlock...at least the writing will be good. Which isn't saying much since its the same tropes over and over again. Drax needs to be elevated to his goated status in the comics and I've had enough of heroes "searching"....superheroes battling mid-life crisis has never been fun to watch. All three Thor movies was blondie trying not to cry while finding himself and getting cucked. We need less of that.

Scrawny Warlock will be a disaster, and since there's no real big bad, High Evolutionary will have to do, it already feels very "meh", Rocket doesn't need a backstory, no one was asking for that, and really its all a dead stop after Thanos, watching this pluck crew meander through space was fun once, twice was okay, but three times? Nah even Back to the Future couldn't pull off that hat-trick.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I honestly have no problems regarding High Evolutionary’s appearance here. I guess it helps that I didn’t really find his comic look all that iconic in the first place. This version comes across a little creepy with his face being stitched on like that. And for someone who likes to upgrade and modify beings, I think his look here makes more sense and fits in line with the general aesthetic in Gunn’s world.

I’ll save my full judgement for when the movie drops because two seconds worth of footage in the trailer and Chukwudi Iwuji cosplaying at Comic Con simply isn’t enough for me. Need to actually see how Gunn has Iwuji moving in the film. I mean, Riddler’s design in The Batman was a big departure from the norm in the comics, but Dano’s performance is what really sold everything.
Agree to disagree. I think his comic look fits right in line with characters like Nebula and Yondu.
The Riddlers comic design is goofy as hell. That's a situation where being true to the comics would be a mistake.

Scrawny Warlock
I don't think you need to worry about him being scrawny. Dude got jacked for the role.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Agree to disagree. I think his comic look fits right in line with characters like Nebula and Yondu.
The Riddlers comic design is goofy as hell. That's a situation where being true to the comics would be a mistake.
That’s fair. For the most part, I’m cool with the creative liberties MCU has taken thus far since not every comic-accurate thing will translate well to live-action.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's a pretty good idea though:patrice:

John Wick 5 trailer on deck. I can see it now. :wow:

Love hate

John Wick: "I loved Helen. She just hated what I did." *Moody Keanu Face*

Mistakes

Winston: "Johnathan, what have you DONE this time?"

Tell me what you think is going on?

The Bowery King: "WHAT DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN, JOHN!? ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE LIKE US!"

Throw in the thing they do where the drums are replaced by the sound of gunfire, and it's a done deal.