The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

SkillClash

Banned
Daps
trevor and michael are both pretty dynamic characters. franklin seems like they just threw him in there.
franklin is the level headed one...... and he is the one that really keeps michael and trevor from killing each other

plus towards the end, he surpasses michael, his mentor... and michael acknowledges it (they remain close friends at the end of the game)

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Cars disappearing patch coming
In their first week of playing Grand Theft Auto V, many players have noticed that their vehicles tend to...disappear. Rockstar confirmed this weekend that they've seen the bug as well and that they're working on a fix.
GTA game ordinarily wouldn't be a big deal because you could just steal another one. However, GTA V allows players to spend serious cash on upgrading their vehicles. You can add cosmetic features to your ride or boost its performance by swapping in a new engine, brakes and more. These upgrades can cost thousands of dollars (of fake-ass video game money) so it's a bit annoying to have them wiped out by a bug.

"This issue may occur if you drive another character’s personal vehicle. We are looking into a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future," Rockstar said on their support site.

The developers don't have a workaround to recover any missing cars. They provided some tips to avoid being affected by it, though. Rockstar recommends that you not park your car in a garage, drive cars already in a garage, or use a default vehicle with a character other than the one who bought the upgrades for it.

"Also please note that vehicles saves in the garage of one safehouse may not show up in the garage of a different safehouse."

You could also just take it easy with the vehicle mods. They're not necessary to succeed in the game. Many of the missions in the campaign force you to use some other vehicle anyway. Your tricked-out Banshee is going to sit in the garage while you drive a cement truck to the drug deal.

GTA V launched on September 17th on Xbox 360 and PS3. The game has already sold over $1 billion worth of copies so Rockstar can certainly afford to throw a few people at this bug.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
franklin is the level headed one...... and he is the one that really keeps michael and trevor from killing each other

plus towards the end, he surpasses michael, his mentor... and michael acknowledges it (they remain close friends at the end of the game)

i mean more in terms of dialogue and the story. i agree he's the one that keeps them focused on the mission and off their own bullshyt. but thats the point, he doesn't have any real story. he moved out the hood quick and after that they never really gave him any more to do. trevor had trevor phillips inc, that guys wife, and the chinese/bikers/ out to kill him. michael had his family, the movie he was producing, and the fib on his case. franklin had lamar who completely was out of the game for most of it and he took pictures and got weed. could have done a lot more with his story imo.

SkillClash

Banned
Daps
i mean more in terms of dialogue and the story. i agree he's the one that keeps them focused on the mission and off their own bullshyt. but thats the point, he doesn't have any real story. he moved out the hood quick and after that they never really gave him any more to do. trevor had trevor phillips inc, that guys wife, and the chinese/bikers/ out to kill him. michael had his family, the movie he was producing, and the fib on his case. franklin had lamar who completely was out of the game for most of it and he took pictures and got weed. could have done a lot more with his story imo.

true it did seem like he was in the background alot..... the game was really michael's story and his relationship with trevor

the actors for mike and trev would play off each other and then franklin comes in "shut up dawg"...... lol

shawn fonteno did a great job with frank, btw

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
true it did seem like he was in the background alot..... the game was really michael's story and his relationship with trevor

the actors for mike and trev would play off each other and then franklin comes in "shut up dawg"...... lol

shawn fonteno did a great job with frank, btw

:heh: its surprising how many times that was true

*michael and trevor have some long satirical back and forth*

franklin: "damn will yall shut up"

*lester spends 5 minutes explaining the heist*

franklin: "we got this"

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
The third triathlon is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever done in a video game.

28 minutes of button mashing :stopitslime:

Had me thinking I had no shot for the first 20 minutes or so, then they make you bike on that narrow ass path on the beach thinking I'm gonna crash on every turn :bryan:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Dump all the money into the stocks Lester recommends for his missions. You should have at least 5 milli for Franklin and around 10 for Michael by the end of those. Quick save before them all tho.

whats the best one you recommend? I have done 1 mission so far for lester as Franklin.