The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why dude stay there and wait for the police to show up? :comeon:

cause he wasnt black. thats why. the entire time i'm thinking. i dont know what just happened but what i do know is this. I'm OUTro. there is no way in hell i'm hanging around waiting on the cops to try to explain why i gave some dude the mega beats. no matter what you say you're going to jail that night. no thank you. they will have to find me a few days later with my lawyer by my side.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
cause he wasnt black. thats why. the entire time i'm thinking. i dont know what just happened but what i do know is this. I'm OUTro. there is no way in hell i'm hanging around waiting on the cops to try to explain why i gave some dude the mega beats. no matter what you say you're going to jail that night. no thank you. they will have to find me a few days later with my lawyer by my side.

exfukkinzactly, dude's sitting around like . . "let me explain myself here to the noble authorities of the law" :patrice: . .

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
If that happens :ohhh:

I would have to buy tons of stock...put in that tank code...and then go on a Man of Steel on metroplis level destruction spree

be having me rich beyond my wildest as people buy up ammunition for armageddon :mj:

We gon dictate the market brehs :shaq:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
The "wanted" system in GTA 4 was horrible, annoying and illogical. I can't wait to hear how they have improved it. Shooting a cop in the back of his head in an empty alley should not INSTANTLY bring a helicopter, and unlimited waves of police. I hope they created a system where police have to be alerted in a realistic way. No more psychic policing.
Oh yea, and what is that weapon variety looking like. Better have silencers this time.

They definitely corrected that in Red Dead... hopefully it carries over...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They definitely corrected that in Red Dead... hopefully it carries over...

Until GTA 5 comes out i stand by Red Dead being the best game rockstar has EVER made....San Andreas included...

RDR was the game that GTA 4 was SUPPOSED to be in terms of the mechanics.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Until GTA 5 comes out i stand by Red Dead being the best game rockstar has EVER made....San Andreas included...

RDR was the game that GTA 4 was SUPPOSED to be in terms of the mechanics.

I disagree... GTA4 was supposed to be GTA4... Without GTA4 they wouldn't have ben able to make the jump to the improvements of Red Dead Redemption...

Saying that RDR was the game that GTA4 was supposed to be, mechanically, would n'tbe a fair thing to say...

It would be like me saying GTA5 is the game Red Dead Redemption was supposed to be...

Nah, without Red Dead/Max Payne, there would be limited improvements in GTA5, you have to work off of something...

Making the jump from San Andreas to GTA4 was lofty enough and it delivered... Since 4 they have been building off of the system that they made... Similar to how the built on GTA3 all the way to San Andreas.

Think about how stripped down GTA3 was compared to San Andreas...

It is the same thing with GTA4 compared to GTA5(With Red Dead and Max Payne in between)

You start with a stripped down version and work your way up...

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I disagree... GTA4 was supposed to be GTA4... Without GTA4 they wouldn't have ben able to make the jump to the improvements of Red Dead Redemption...

Saying that RDR was the game that GTA4 was supposed to be, mechanically, would n'tbe a fair thing to say...

It would be like me saying GTA5 is the game Red Dead Redemption was supposed to be...

Nah, without Red Dead/Max Payne, there would be limited improvements in GTA5, you have to work off of something...

Making the jump from San Andreas to GTA4 was lofty enough and it delivered... Since 4 they have been building off of the system that they made... Similar to how the built on GTA3 all the way to San Andreas.

Think about how stripped down GTA3 was compared to San Andreas...

It is the same thing with GTA4 compared to GTA5(With Red Dead and Max Payne in between)

You start with a stripped down version and work your way up...

I see what you are saying, but i feel like much of even the story telling was something that Rockstar didn't get right in GTA4, its my least favorite of all of them this includes the ps1 top down ones. GTA 4 just has NO soul to me. Even though it has one of the BEST missions in the series in it (the bank robbery) if it wasn't for TLATD and BOGT add-ons it woulda been a waste imo.

IDK if because RDR is a period game or what, but THAT game feels MUCH more alive and most of it is wilderness. GTA 4 was the first of its gen, i get that. But GTA3 felt alive and felt organic, i NEVER got that feeling from GTA4 even down to the radio stations.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I see what you are saying, but i feel like much of even the story telling was something that Rockstar didn't get right in GTA4, its my least favorite of all of them this includes the ps1 top down ones. GTA 4 just has NO soul to me. Even though it has one of the BEST missions in the series in it (the bank robbery) if it wasn't for TLATD and BOGT add-ons it woulda been a waste imo.

IDK if because RDR is a period game or what, but THAT game feels MUCH more alive and most of it is wilderness. GTA 4 was the first of its gen, i get that. But GTA3 felt alive and felt organic, i NEVER got that feeling from GTA4 even down to the radio stations.
Yeah there was some smaller stuff that GTA4 didn't get right at all and it bothered me... Like the city didn't "feel gritty" enough if that makes sense.

The feeling I got in GTA3 walking down the the street with the fog going and bumping into hookers, etc. gave off a different feeling.

But the the realism and ragdoll physics stuff kind of make up for it... It is much more satisfying shooting someone or running someone over in GTA4 then it was in the past games...