The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Max won't receive any credit in this thread but 15 wins is a crazy year... hats off to him and Red Bull

congrats to max for coming in 3rd and 5th all time (behind Vettel pro-rata [in the same red bull]) ...

Screenshot-2022-11-21-at-13-09-14.png

Screenshot-2022-11-21-at-13-11-30.png

calh45

Cal
Daps
He used to bring financial support. I don't think Carlos Slim is backing him like he used to back in the day.

Also remember Red Bull came for Checo when he was going into the season without a drive.

Now the have Danny Ric as a backup. Perez doesn't have many options.
Carlos Slim doesn't need to because the entirety of Mexico is the support.

Red Bull came for Checo because they were desperate and he's a very good very seasoned driver who performed under pressure of losing his seat vs Danny Ric who actually got worse when under pressure of losing his seat.

I don't understand the Riccardo love affair. He came up in the best of circumstances and didn't get actual results, left, got worse, and the driver who saved Aston Martin's team, won a race when he knew he didn't have a seat on pace, it wasn't lucky bullshyt, and is 3rd in the driver's championship because of team politics is considered a worse option than someone who has underperformed for two straight teams. Reddit is this way too. I don't get it.

Checo quite literally could sign with Audi or Porsche at the end of next season and it'd be a similar situation at Racing Point where he did pretty solidly until Stroll booted him for his son. Danny Ric had a similar situation to Checo at Racing Point where it's a mid tier team and bottomed out.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^ I didn't think they'd actually get rid of him. No stability at the top will make wins hard to come by.
There was a rumor he had fallen out with Leclerc.

Even if that isn't true you have to do something to address the Ferrari culture, where everything that can go wrong, goes wrong with Ferrari.

Not to mention this is the second time they have used methods and loopholes that have made them competitive, only for them to lose their performance edge once directives were introduced.

Hopefully he lands at Merc and they can merge his ideas with their processes.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@MoneyTron ...looks like Binnotto is gone

Damn shame IMO. Heā€™ll be signed by Mercedes or Alpine in a few months.

If he guts Ferrariā€™s engineering management theyā€™re screwed. It was hard enough getting F1 engineers to come work in Italy, let alone produce winning cars. Heā€™s been head of the engine team in some capacity for over a decade and with the team for almost 30 years I believe. Dumb to push out that type of institutional knowledge.

Thatā€™s Ferrari for you though.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Damn shame IMO. Heā€™ll be signed by Mercedes or Alpine in a few months.

If he guts Ferrariā€™s engineering management theyā€™re screwed. It was hard enough getting F1 engineers to come work in Italy, let alone produce winning cars. Heā€™s been head of the engine team in some capacity for over a decade and with the team for almost 30 years I believe. Dumb to push out that type of institutional knowledge.

Thatā€™s Ferrari for you though.
Great at engineering but not great at man management.

Perfect timing though, same day as Arrivabene quit Juventus because they were cooking the books :mjgrin:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Great at engineering but not great at man management.

Perfect timing though, same day as Arrivabene quit Juventus because they were cooking the books :mjgrin:
I'd rather have the engineering talent. Regardless, he was both the Team Principal and Technical Director. Neither of them are positions you find in short order.