The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ferrari better hope so. For them to run out of development budget so quickly suggests that they need to spend more on catering were trying everything under the sun to find pace.
Nah, they probably spent it trying to compensate for TD39. That TD wrecked the carā€™s performance. The car was neck and neck with RB until then.

They also moved to the 2023 car much earlier than Mercedes and RB because of it.

Last edited:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
I'm this petty:

jmcWUkq.jpg

:banderas:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
If Danny Riccardio could do it over, do you think he stays at Red Bull? Lowkey hes a better driver than checo :yeshrug:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Who would have thought after the brake check in Baku

I meant to call it out by it slipped my mind. Real recognizes real :mjgrin:
If Danny Riccardio could do it over, do you think he stays at Red Bull? Lowkey hes a better driver than checo :yeshrug:
You know, I'm not sure he does. He took a chance on himself and it paid off in some ways, failed in others. I don't think Red Bull wanted to treat him as a first class citizen when they started pulling the strings for Verstappen to get in the seat. I wish he could have gone to Ferrari instead of McLaren, but the timing never aligned.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I don't think so.

RB was always going to set the car up according to Max so it's not like he was going to accomplish anything there.

And bags of cash he received from Renault and McLaren also help soothe the pain :mjgrin:

calh45

Cal
Daps
He isn't going to do anything, he knows what his place is.
:pachaha:
You wild if you think Max wins a championship next year without Checo protecting him. That's what got him his first championship. This year he was literally used as a strategic buffer until their car was clearly faster than everyone else. Next year is the last year of his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he was angling to be the lead driver on the new Audi team or jumping ship if Porsche buys Williams. Checo brings a ton of financial support/backing and he's popular as fukk outside of Max fans.

calh45

Cal
Daps
He was getting dusted by Lando. At one point Lando lapped him. He's not a better driver than Checo.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha:
You wild if you think Max wins a championship next year without Checo protecting him. That's what got him his first championship. This year he was literally used as a strategic buffer until their car was clearly faster than everyone else. Next year is the last year of his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he was angling to be the lead driver on the new Audi team or jumping ship if Porsche buys Williams. Checo brings a ton of financial support/backing and he's popular as fukk outside of Max fans.
He used to bring financial support. I don't think Carlos Slim is backing him like he used to back in the day.

Also remember Red Bull came for Checo when he was going into the season without a drive.

Now the have Danny Ric as a backup. Perez doesn't have many options.