The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Red bull looks the same.

Incremental gains or jokes until Barcelona?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A lot of convergence on the RBR sidepod design.
Almost the whole midfield said "fukk it. Let's just make this easy" :heh:

I have no doubt Alpine will be similar with Haas, Ferrari and Mercedes going their own way.

Fo3xO5FWIBcf6HU

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The black is back. Bare Carbon edition:blessed:

One of the first things I noticed is no more floor stays, so they probably got on top of their floor flexing. On the side profile it looks like the floor is sending air out and around the wheel to manage the wheel wake. Also the front wing elements are attached to the endplate by such a tiny sliver of carbon :whew:, that probably is working together with the floor for that wheel wake. Rear wing isn't an inch tall anymore so they can actually harness some of their downforce. I think weight is going to be the biggest issue given how much bare carbon fiber there is. But if they got on top of last year's problems, I expect the Catalunya upgrade to be largely weight reduction. Also they should be able to run the engine at full power. The lazy argument about the sidepods can be put to bed :ufdup:

I'm finally seeing the real pictures and not the renders and they are using floor stays. Front wing top element is at a steeper angle at the back. No shots from behind or top down, so they still have some things up their sleeve.

Last edited: