The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Max won last year even when Mercedes had the best car (I understand it was a controversial finish, but Max was still competitive) it doesnā€™t seem far fetched to say that Hamilton is losing a step, as he gets older and this next generation is starting to heat up. Like every sport
Controversial finish :dead:

If 'controversial' is the way you describe what happened then there's really no point of even having a discussion with you in regards to drivers' abilities and car performance :hubie:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He definitely getting older but with the right car, he can fight for that P1 spot. Right now it not even possible with a car that half of sec off the pace of Redbull and Ferrari.

Red bull is killing it right now after poaching some of Mercedes engineering over the last few years and nailing the reg for this year, will have them walking away with the title. Mercedes has a few more races to get the car right before they need to throw in the towel and focus on next season.

The engineering really seems to be the biggest thing. Even though I really don't like Verstappen, in my short time watching, it's seemed clear that the thing that was missing was just getting him a car that fit his skillset.

This just isn't Mercedes' year from an engineering standpoint. The fact that Hamilton only has one non points finish this far despite everyone involved being very upfront about how bad the car is is proof that he's not quite washed. If anything, he might not be all that invested, because neither he or Mercedes are actually competing for a championship. They're basically just trying to maintain positioning for money.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The engineering really seems to be the biggest thing. Even though I really don't like Verstappen, in my short time watching, it's seemed clear that the thing that was missing was just getting him a car that fit his skillset.

This just isn't Mercedes' year from an engineering standpoint. The fact that Hamilton only has one non points finish this far despite everyone involved being very upfront about how bad the car is is proof that he's not quite washed. If anything, he might not be all that invested, because neither he or Mercedes are actually competing for a championship. They're basically just trying to maintain positioning for money.
He's clearly invested because he's shouldering the development load. There's no incentive to try if you're disinterested - that's why I don't do shyt at work all day long :skip:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's clearly invested because he's shouldering the development load. There's no incentive to try if you're disinterested - that's why I don't do shyt at work all day long :skip:

Maybe I phrased that wrong. It's not like he's not trying, but he doesn't have the incentive to put in the same type of effort he would've out in last year, because the list of things he and Mercedes would need to go right to even finish the season second in standings is pretty lengthy. But he's definitely not about to go out and lay down, or anything, as evidenced by him being willing to do whatever crazy shyt they come up with each weekend.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

I think Hamilton is more fixated on getting the car back to championship level than actually beating Russell. That's why he's been taking the more experimental setups and his post-race comments have always focused on the car rather than his performance in the race.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Red Bull Junior driver who is currently in Formula 2 caught saying the N-word while other RB drivers laugh about it. RB culture on full display:mjpls:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I think Hamilton is more fixated on getting the car back to championship level than actually beating Russell. That's why he's been taking the more experimental setups and his post-race comments have always focused on the car rather than his performance in the race.

Mercedes has been doing that. Setting Russell up for qualifying and altering Hams setups for testing.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Red Bull Junior driver who is currently in Formula 2 caught saying the N-word while other RB drivers laugh about it. RB culture on full display:mjpls:

full

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Damn, only just found out about it because this was uploaded:

But I'm not surprised, surely everyone saw the response to that Hamilton/Verstappen crash at Silverstone, that crash just brought to light what reasonable people already knew.