The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If Merc can convince Lewis to stop experimenting so much he could fukk around and have a run to make this interesting by the end of the year. He keeps trying to hit home runs on practice setups instead of doing like George and working within the car's progress. I don't think Max is wrong saying it's a long season after every race. Carlos ain't clutch. Charles doesn't trust him team anymore. George is too green. RBR will never let Checo race him. It'll have to be Lewis in the end to make him nervous. He wasn't worrying about Carlos in the end.
:mjlol:

I'm not going to address the rest of the BS in this post but the Mercedes isn't even in the same ballpark as that VER/RB combo. In a clean race, he will not worried about Lewis at any point this season.

calh45

Cal
Daps
:mjlol:

I'm not going to address the rest of the BS in this post but the Mercedes isn't even in the same ballpark as that VER/RB combo. In a clean race, he will not worried about Lewis at any point this season.
Nah. Gonna ahead and address it nikka. This forum is full of folks popping shyt and running away. It took the FIA to go full cheat mode LAST year when Max had the faster car for the first half of the season for him to win over Lewis. There's still 13 races left. Max himself at the beginning of the year said the championship was over. That was a quote.

If you think I'm wrong take your time and stay away from the smilies or don't quote me no more.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nah. Gonna ahead and address it nikka. This forum is full of folks popping shyt and running away. It took the FIA to go full cheat mode LAST year when Max had the faster car for the first half of the season for him to win over Lewis. There's still 13 races left. Max himself at the beginning of the year said the championship was over. That was a quote.

If you think I'm wrong take your time and stay away from the smilies or don't quote me no more.
Last year's Mercedes is not this year's Mercedes. Anyone trying to draw any type of comparison between the two is being facetious at best and foolish at worst.

Mercedes is still a half second off Ferrari/RB on a relatively short course like Canada. Are they getting better? Yes. Will Mercedes make up that time when both teams are still brining upgrades? No.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Last year's Mercedes is not this year's Mercedes. Anyone trying to draw any type of comparison between the two is being facetious at best and foolish at worst.

Mercedes is still a half second off Ferrari/RB on a relatively short course like Canada. Are they getting better? Yes. Will Mercedes make up that time when both teams are still brining upgrades? No.
Last year RB was faster in the beginning of the season too, but even if they're not as fast, Mercedes is the most reliable of the three teams by far. Lewis was the fastest car on the track before the final safety car to the point RB warned Max about it. RBR has historically been unreliable. Before Max resigned with them their unreliability was a reason everyone touted as him leaving. It's not a stretch to say their car will break down in at least two or three races later this year.

Just today Checo had a gearbox failure and Charles has already needed an engine replacement with a penalty. Max already has an engine failure this year. The only team that actually puts RBR into panic mode are the Mercedes because Ferrari can't even get basic strategy right and when they do their drivers crash or can't capitalize like Carlos today and last race in Monaco and in Australia and Imola. (Hence my statement that he's not clutch. He's Spanish Bottas). Lewis or Charles are the only two drivers with the ability to press Max. Merc don't need to be get fast as quickly if they keep having RBR and Ferrari cars randomly falling out of races for the next 5-6 races. The final 8-7 races will be a crapshoot if the Merc is only a tenth behind instead of a full second or two behind. Lewis was winning in the beginning of last season with a car that was a tenth or two slower than Max. Charles on the radio in this race was exasperated as hell when his team is trying to ask his advice on strategy.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
2k8a2ch1cn691.jpg

:banderas:
Somebody needs to splice a couple of Alonso clips from today to Curb your Enthusiasm music :russ:

By the way what the fukk was Aston Martin doing pitting Vettel on lap 6?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Last year RB was faster in the beginning of the season too, but even if they're not as fast, Mercedes is the most reliable of the three teams by far. Lewis was the fastest car on the track before the final safety car to the point RB warned Max about it. RBR has historically been unreliable. Before Max resigned with them their unreliability was a reason everyone touted as him leaving. It's not a stretch to say their car will break down in at least two or three races later this year.

Just today Checo had a gearbox failure and Charles has already needed an engine replacement with a penalty. Max already has an engine failure this year. The only team that actually puts RBR into panic mode are the Mercedes because Ferrari can't even get basic strategy right and when they do their drivers crash or can't capitalize like Carlos today and last race in Monaco and in Australia and Imola. (Hence my statement that he's not clutch. He's Spanish Bottas). Lewis or Charles are the only two drivers with the ability to press Max. Merc don't need to be get fast as quickly if they keep having RBR and Ferrari cars randomly falling out of races for the next 5-6 races. The final 8-7 races will be a crapshoot if the Merc is only a tenth behind instead of a full second or two behind. Lewis was winning in the beginning of last season with a car that was a tenth or two slower than Max. Charles on the radio in this race was exasperated as hell when his team is trying to ask his advice on strategy.
Again, breh, you're using a lot of conjecture here especially the statements about Ferrari and RBR. Almost none of it is based in fact.

RBR was not panicking last year and they aren't panicking this year. Doesn't matter which team they are facing. They have the best strategy department in F1.

Max was pressed plenty today. He just didn't flinch. Sainz had the gap down to as low as 0.2 seconds. He was pressed by Leclerc in Saudi, Imola, Miami with the same results. If there is a superpower for Max these days, its that in race conditions he rarely makes a mistake under pressure.

Sainz needed a delta of 6 tenths to overtake and only had 2-3. I don't see where he was supposed to "capitalize" during that race. The overtaking point would've been the back straight but the Red Bull was superior in low speed traction today.

Yes, Mercedes does have great reliability in comparison to RB and Ferrari and Mercedes was quick at some points but apples to apples, they were still about a half second off. That's still a large gap. In a normal race they are 25-30 seconds back. That is not the same as last season. You can project DNFs for RB and Ferrari but if they are consistently in 1-4 position for the majority of the remaining races, they will still outscore Mercedes.

Additionally, Mercedes still doesn't have any clue as to how their car performs at any given track. This race was a complete surprise. They still do not have a fix for their rear suspension oscillation. I understand being optimistic but again, suggesting Mercedes is a similar position to last year is a gigantic reach.

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I donā€™t follow F1 that much but it seems to be in a ā€œpassing of the torchā€ moment from Lewis to Max? Is this accurate?

Daps
Reppin
MD
I donā€™t follow F1 that much but it seems to be in a ā€œpassing of the torchā€ moment from Lewis to Max? Is this accurate?
No, Mercedes dropped the ball on this year regs and built a shyt car.
If Mercedes had a competitive car Lewis and George could challenge Max for the title.
We will see if these next set of upgrades will close the gap to Redbull and Ferrari.

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, Mercedes dropped the ball on this year regs and built a shyt car.
If Mercedes had a competitive car Lewis and George could challenge Max for the title.
We will see if these next set of upgrades will close the gap to Redbull and Ferrari.
Max won last year even when Mercedes had the best car (I understand it was a controversial finish, but Max was still competitive) it doesnā€™t seem far fetched to say that Hamilton is losing a step, as he gets older and this next generation is starting to heat up. Like every sport

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Max won last year even when Mercedes had the best car (I understand it was a controversial finish, but Max was still competitive) it doesnā€™t seem far fetched to say that Hamilton is losing a step, as he gets older and this next generation is starting to heat up. Like every sport

in 2020 without the 5 DNF/s max would have had circa 70 - 100 extra points. and lewis a few less.

Screenshot-2022-06-20-at-18-27-30.png

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It just seems like redbull will dominants for years to come
Its possible. They are the best team and have the best driver at the moment. That usually leads to periods of dominance.

Despite the arguments against the opposite in this thread last year, Verstappen is a generational talent and has been. Going to be hard to beat for guys like Leclerc and Russell going forward.

Daps
Reppin
MD
He definitely getting older but with the right car, he can fight for that P1 spot. Right now it not even possible with a car that half of sec off the pace of Redbull and Ferrari.

Red bull is killing it right now after poaching some of Mercedes engineering over the last few years and nailing the reg for this year, will have them walking away with the title. Mercedes has a few more races to get the car right before they need to throw in the towel and focus on next season.