The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
brehs.. it's two races. Car is trash but they can develop.
True, and it'll get faster, but development isn't unlimited like it used to be. If you're on the back foot, the cost cap and CFD/wind tunnel time restrictions(which Mercedes has the least of any team) make it more difficult to get the car turned around.

Going to be interesting to see how they do it.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
True, and it'll get faster, but development isn't unlimited like it used to be. If you're on the back foot, the cost cap and CFD/wind tunnel time restrictions(which Mercedes has the least of any team) make it more difficult to get the car turned around.

I think CFD allocations are recalculated midyear so if they're still down then, that's an opportunity to bounce back. I'm not really a fan of the caps but nothing I can do about it.

calh45

Cal
Daps
:mjcry: I know breh. I was just trying to find a silver lining for the silver arrows. We washed right now.

They hamstringed Lewis even more by doing that wild change before qualifying yesterday. Toto straight up said they just threw some shyt together before the qualifying session on Lewis car.

This is a good ass point. They could spend all of the money in the world to catch up again on their fukk ups in the past, but now we'll get a chance to see how clever they actually are when they can't throw gobs of money at the problem.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think CFD allocations are recalculated midyear so if they're still down then, that's an opportunity to bounce back. I'm not really a fan of the caps but nothing I can do about it.

Caps are sensible if the goal is to get more teams involved. As it stands.. only 5-6 drivers have a car that can truly compete for a title. F1 is trying to Americanize the model for better and for worse..

That's ultimately what got Lewis fucced over last year. "it's a race.." is not a European quote.. that's an American ideal where if something isn't dramatic enough then it's somehow unworthy.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
We're second place constructors poor luck kept lewis out of 6th. Remember we race till December lots of time left lets not panic yet...

Max tho damn he's on another level rn

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
We're second place constructors poor luck kept lewis out of 6th. Remember we race till December lots of time left lets not panic yet...

Hard not to win with the fastest car, or at least that's what I've been told :yeshrug:.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Hard not to win with the fastest car, or at least that's what I've been told :yeshrug:.
Of course but take this as a anecdotal evidence which I realize means nothing.

I used to race motorcycles somewhat competitively. I had two bikes in the middleweight class. Sv650 and Daytona 675.

New Jersey motorsports park layouts I'd run about 8 tenths faster on the sv than the Daytona.

Poconos I'd run 2 seconds faster on the Daytona.

There have been many instances in prior F1 seasons where the faster car did not win drivers championship. Food for thought

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
There have been many instances in prior F1 seasons where the faster car did not win drivers championship. Food for thought
I understand that, I'm being tongue in cheek and saying the same shyt the white folks on Reddit liked to say about Lewis winning, putting it all down to the car.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Hope Iā€™m wrong but I canā€™t see Lewis winning an 8th title man. The FIA have insulted our intelligence to deem the actions that took place in Abu Dhabi was solely Masiā€™s decision. Donā€™t think the higher ups would want a black man to supersede Michael Schumacher.

Itā€™s clear as day they are trying to push Max and Charles as the faces of the sport.

I only continue to watch due to Lewis Hamilton, which I have done so since 2008. Once he retires Iā€™m done with this ā€˜sportā€™.
Don't put this down to some conspiracy. Max and Charles are getting pushed because they are up front. If Mercedes was competing for wins, Lewis's face would be plastered everywhere as usual.

Blame Mercedes for coming out soft in both 2021 and 2022 if you want to blame someone. Both the W12 and W13 were flawed from the jump, not only that, the 2021 PU was unreliable and the 2022 version looks to be the 3rd or 4th most powerful depending who you ask.

Red Bull/Honda has eaten Mercedes' lunch off the track since the 2020 off-season.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Mercedes is now apparently bringing new floor to Australia. Russell still claims that most of their problems stem from porpoising, so lets see.

In just 20-25 laps after safety car Russell fell behind 30 seconds to Verstappen/Leclerc :francis:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Many people in the U.S. aren't even going to be interested in the sport in a few years.