The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He also did a really good beyond the grid podcast episode where he spoke about it.

It's a miracle he's alive, and furthermore, that he can walk. Even him explaining the pain he starts the day with left me :ohhh:

Unfortunately, in this internet era, he will probably be best known for this.

I'll have to check that podcast then. He's also got another interview out there, about an hour long, that I stumbled across while looking. F1TV has a decent selection of documentaries but I don't know if you need a subscription to view them.

Today was a masterclass by Hamilton, and I'd had that thought since lap 20. Clearly the driver of the decade. I can only hope that this is inspiring young black kids that have a little bit of means to get into motorsport so that it's not just Europeans and the odd Brazilian. I like that we see guys like Albon and DeVries making waves.

Next season can't come soon enough :sadcam:. I think I'm already going through withdrawals.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll have to check that podcast then. He's also got another interview out there, about an hour long, that I stumbled across while looking. F1TV has a decent selection of documentaries but I don't know if you need a subscription to view them.

Today was a masterclass by Hamilton, and I'd had that thought since lap 20. Clearly the driver of the decade. I can only hope that this is inspiring young black kids that have a little bit of means to get into motorsport so that it's not just Europeans and the odd Brazilian. I like that we see guys like Albon and DeVries making waves.

Next season can't come soon enough :sadcam:. I think I'm already going through withdrawals.
Hoping Hamilton invests some serious cash I to getting underprivileged young people into the sport when he retires, or leads a FIA programme to do so

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Pre-season starts tomorrow brehs!

I predict Ferrari will top the time sheets while merc bangs out the miles.
Word is that they've made a significant jump with their PU. The biggest since 2014. Merc usually talks down their car-- but this year they've been talking big. There was great feedback from the drivers during the shakedown as well the other day.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Word is that they've made a significant jump with their PU. The biggest since 2014. Merc usually talks down their car-- but this year they've been talking big. There was great feedback from the drivers during the shakedown as well the other day.
Though, to be fair, they were quite bullish last year until they saw the Ferrari speed
But you are right, according to the rumours the engine is rebuilt and supposed to be super powerful

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Though, to be fair, they were quite bullish last year until they saw the Ferrari speed
But you are right, according to the rumours the engine is rebuilt and supposed to be super powerful
Gotta disagree-- they pretty much redesigned the car between preseason and Australia and still walked the grid. Ferrari was fast-- but wasn't a threat until they started cheating with the fuel flow sensor manipulation. Once they got caught they went back to 3rd step podium status.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta disagree-- they pretty much redesigned the car between preseason and Australia and still walked the grid. Ferrari was fast-- but wasn't a threat until they started cheating with the fuel flow sensor manipulation. Once they got caught they went back to 3rd step podium status.

Not speaking to what happened eventually, i was referring to the 1st week of preseason. James Allison bullishly said the car was a massive improvement to the 2018 winner and Lewis was bragging about party mode in interviews.

1st week of preseason was a different story, pundits had them behind Ferrari and Red Bull.

Thats when they introduced the spec B version of the car that saw them get the lap times they were looking for, but they weren't (according to their reports) sure they were going to be in front. After Barcelona James Allison said himself that they didn't know if they were going to be in the hunt until Lewis came within 2 tenths of Vettel. After all that they knew they had a car they could fight with, and they continued to improve it going into Australia, which in itself is quite phenomenal.

All that to say, I am optimistic as always, but trying to take everything with a grain of salt.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He also did a really good beyond the grid podcast episode where he spoke about it.

It's a miracle he's alive, and furthermore, that he can walk. Even him explaining the pain he starts the day with left me :ohhh:

Unfortunately, in this internet era, he will probably be best known for this.

What's the back story to this
@Obreh Winfrey

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I hope the cooling issues are resolved. They're using a sidepod radiator packaging similar to RBR and Ferrari that visually looks marginal for cooling, but I couldn't say one way or another. And actually, I think Williams has a similar idea going with how the cooling and sidepods are sculpted, it's just easier to see due to the livery and lighting of the reveal pictures.

The upgrades they brought to second week of testing were planned, they just increased the timetable when Ferrari showed pace during the first week.

What's the back story to this
@Obreh Winfrey
No clue honestly. Seems like Hebert made a tongue in cheek comment and Alonso took it the wrong way maybe?

I'm going to have to catch the bulk of testing coverage over the weekend, work is getting in the way :francis:. I'm about to see if I can find another promo code for my subscription. I'm more than happy to pay the 80 bucks, being able to watch every session from the onboard made last season the most enjoyable yet, I'm just a tightwad :lolbron:.

Ah shyt I played myself. It charged me yesterday. Got it hooked to my debit card rather than my credit card, so I didnt get the notification it charged :snoop:. But if y'all wanna purchase, use code EARLYBIRD25 and hopefully you'll get 25% off. People on the F1TV subreddit seem to be having success with it.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Early days but all the cars look to have improved. Red bull banging in the laps for honda, and racing point and William's times are up there in the early going, a sign the merc engine is back to being more than a match for any challenger?

Less Ferrari running than I expected, but that could be due to Vettel being ill.

The Renault car looks to have the narrow nose like Mercedes.

Really intriguing. But super early days.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lewis looking quick. That W11 is looking lethal. We may be set for 2016 levels of domination. We’ll see what adjustments Red Bull and Ferrari make...

Haven't seen Merc come out of the gates like this since the hybrid era formula change.

And the other cars running Merc engines are right up there. So unless Ferrari told Haas and Sauber to turn down their engines, they could be in for a long season.