The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Max with a mega lap. Lewis on better tyres. The Hard should also suit Merc. All to play for. Sounds like Red Bull have gone all in On track position.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They could've. But decided not to. It was conscious decision.

RB decided to go for track position over tire choice.
No it wasn't. Max flat-spotted his mediums and had to go softs in q2 or his race was over before it began. He had no more fresh mediums

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
This is not good
They went for a more aggressive setup for qualifying. They tried to set up for race pace but weren't competitive, so they switched the rear wing and decided to shoot for track position. What they didn't anticipate was having to start on softs. That soft tires is probably going to fall off after a dozen laps.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No it wasn't. Max flat-spotted his mediums and had to go softs in q2 or his race was over before it began. He had no more fresh mediums
What I'm saying is, I think Max's first time on mediums before the flatspot was good enough to get into Q3. Given track evolution, it would've been stupid to leave him in the garage but it was possible.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Max has to go soft hard while Merc have options for the tyres. A unless Max is fast enough to build a buffer, Merc shouldn't feel too bad about this. Game on.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
nikkas sleeping on this. RB would be on Mediums if they could. This ainā€™t over

Over? The race hasn't even started.

I don't take any F1 fans opinions seriously. Cats on here were saying max won the championship at mexico.

As long as the mercs are on form tomorrow they can go long on those mediums and have a massive overtake advantage.

Max has to create meaningful distance very quickly or the race will be in the bag for Merc

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They went for a more aggressive setup for qualifying. They tried to set up for race pace but weren't competitive, so they switched the rear wing and decided to shoot for track position. What they didn't anticipate was having to start on softs. That soft tires is probably going to fall off after a dozen laps.
RB didn't change Max's wing design. He's been running the same spoon wing all weekend. And their race pace was very good in practice.

I agree that the softs will fall off quickly though.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So despite that Qualy I am surprising optimistic. Unless Max can drive of into the distance, Lewis can push him to ditch his tyres early, then Lewis has the overlap to try to get Max in the final laps.

The biggest issue for Max, is that the sector he is going to use to get a gap on Merc, is the sector that's going to stress the car the most. This is going to be a battle for the ages, or someone is going to drive off into the distance.