The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Yas Marinas circuit has 2 sectors that are basically flat out with a chicane and a 3rd medium speed sector that will probably favor RBR. Should be fascinating, but Max benefits from a race ending collision with Hamilton, so Lewis has to be very wary.
Problem for Max is if he gets behind, it's over. If he gets in front, he has Lewis Hamilton chasing him.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WOW! They literally have Horner on the radio saying to let Lewis through "strategically". :russ:
Fun fact. Lewis once did that pass and pass back quickly BS and got a 5 second penalty. Think it was against Kimi. Maybe 2007 when Lewis lost the championship by a point? Or was it 2008?

Max gets to do it with abandon.

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
By slowing down as well? From the footage Max gradually slowed down. I donā€™t think he slammed on his brakes to the point Ham couldnā€™t adjust. If Merc didnā€™t get the message to Ham that he was allowing him to pass than it is what it is.

That literally makes no sense unless I'm reading you wrong. Not only does it not make sense for lewis to drive into him. From the tapes played its so obviously Max didn't manoeuvre properly.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Fun fact. Lewis once did that pass and pass back quickly BS and got a 5 second penalty. Think it was against Kimi. Maybe 2007 when Lewis lost the championship by a point?

Max gets to do it with abandon.
I mentioned it earlier in this thread. It was Spa 2008 and they retroactively took a win away from Lewis controversially. They literally wrote a rule after the race to punish him.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
By slowing down as well? From the footage Max gradually slowed down. I donā€™t think he slammed on his brakes to the point Ham couldnā€™t adjust. If Merc didnā€™t get the message to Ham that he was allowing him to pass than it is what it is.
I agree. Just a bad combination of miscommunication and drivers trying to play with the DRS activation line.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
lhi6p4f8ps381.png

My interpretation of the graph is that he dropped speed, accelerated, dropped speed again lightly, acceleratedā€¦.. then breaking really hard just before Hamilton went into the back of himā€¦..