The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

calh45

Cal
Daps
Man this really isn't in Lewis' hands.

Max just needs one win and it's done.
Lewis must finish 1st in both races.

Max isn't DNF'ing, Lewis isn't either. Red Bull can call upon Alpha Tauri, Alonso is still salty at Hamilton. FIA is a mess. Everyone wants Max to win. All the cards are stacked against the GOAT.
Though Lewis and Mercedes seemed to have picked up the slack on this end of season run.

Nevertheless, Max has been amazing this year. I want Lewis to break the record, get his 8th.
After that, I'm cool seeing Max win his WDC.

I'm pretty sure this is why Lewis is gonna win both races. He ain't ever been this calm ever. He's been focused as shyt since Interlagos. He won this race using an old as shyt engine and still cooked everyone.

When I initially predicted the final results for this year I said RBR was winning constructors and Lewis was winning drivers. I still think it's going to happen because Bottas is gonna get caught up in the wash like he did today and Lewis is gonna be too far out front to catch. RBR trying to get everything investigated because that's a sign of Horner's panic about how quick Lewis is......and weirdly gonna be their downfall. They're so focused on getting Max the drivers championship it's at the expense of them getting the constructors. A few times this year they fukked up Checo's strategy and pit stops caring too much on what Max was up to. It's team management malpractice considering how much faster they were earlier this year.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
:gucci: his father had several Jobs to finance his racing
Always read his father had his own IT company and was making bank.

:russ::russ::russ::russ: mate i'm not sure you understand what middle class is because lewis certainly didn't grow up in it. I think you meant working class.
Wasnt a luvvie but his Dad made an middle class income, again always read this.
Tell me the list of Black/mixed with Black drivers there's been in F1? In the whole of its history...i'm curious about this answe
Miffed as to what you're getting at, black ppl aren't really in to motor sport like that and even when it was cheaper to get into there was none. Also brehs are only fans because of Lewis and many will stop watching once he goes, this has been mention in this thread btw. Theres very few like black people like myself who've been watching before Lewis even started that are actually fans of the sport as a whole.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Miffed as to what you're getting at, black ppl aren't really in to motor sport like that and even when it was cheaper to get into there was none. Also brehs are only fans because of Lewis and many will stop watching once he goes, this has been mention in this thread btw. Theres very few like black people like myself who've been watching before Lewis even started that are actually fans of the sport as a whole.

I know you are smh

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I mean Lewis grew up middle class and had Maclaren fund him from 13, far more less odds against him than the Williams sisters.
They had it rough financially until that McLaren sponsorship. They also had to deal with racial animosity from drivers and their miserable parents at the Karting tracks.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I'm going out on a limb and saying Lewis is the frontrunner right now for the title. The only thing that can stop him is reliability or driver errors. Try as they might, I don't believe Red Bull will have an answer for the Mercedes pace in Jeddah or Abu Dhabi with the revised track layout. (In fact, if Valtteri can get it the fukk together for the next race, the Mercs should be able to get a 1,2 finish because that circuit will be all about engine grunt and high speed corners, which that car is great at.) Verstappen and RBR must be mad as fukk about the changes to the Yas Marinas circuit because the old layout absolutely would have favored their car, with the mickey mouse chicanes and low to medium speed corners everywhere outside the two long straights.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

His father worked as an IT consultant among other things. But even if he made a middle class income, you can't finance a racing career with that. A season of karting alone costs more than 10.000 dollars, junior formula racing costs several 100.000 and gp2 costs millions. Also, if you think there was no discrimination, you haven't been paying attention, as there were constant instances of implicit and explicit racism after Lewis arrived in F1 ranging from discussions that he didn't deserve his place in F1, to pundits criticising his appearance and guests in the paddock (basically saying that he attrackted too many black entertainers) and Alonso Fans showing up in blackface to testing sessions and F1 shrugging and doing nothing about it. I've been watching F1 since 1992 and the reason there aren't any black drivers besides Lewis is that it's a white upperclass sport and black people trying to enter it face extreme obstacles to make it.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm going out on a limb and saying Lewis is the frontrunner right now for the title. The only thing that can stop him is reliability or driver errors. Try as they might, I don't believe Red Bull will have an answer for the Mercedes pace in Jeddah or Abu Dhabi with the revised track layout. (In fact, if Valtteri can get it the fukk together for the next race, the Mercs should be able to get a 1,2 finish because that circuit will be all about engine grunt and high speed corners, which that car is great at.) Verstappen and RBR must be mad as fukk about the changes to the Yas Marinas circuit because the old layout absolutely would have favored their car, with the mickey mouse chicanes and low to medium speed corners everywhere outside the two long straights.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His father worked as an IT consultant among other things. But even if he made a middle class income, you can't finance a racing career with that. A season of karting alone costs more than 10.000 dollars, junior formula racing costs several 100.000 and gp2 costs millions. Also, if you think there was no discrimination, you haven't been paying attention, as there were constant instances of implicit and explicit racism after Lewis arrived in F1 ranging from discussions that he didn't deserve his place in F1, to pundits criticising his appearance and guests in the paddock (basically saying that he attrackted too many black entertainers) and Alonso Fans showing up in blackface to testing sessions and F1 shrugging and doing nothing about it. I've been watching F1 since 1992 and the reason there aren't any black drivers besides Lewis is that it's a white upperclass sport and black people trying to enter it face extreme obstacles to make it.

Nah fam...according to @LiveFromLondon the fact Lewis is the only Black/mixed with Black driver there's ever been with a seat doesn't mean anything and is solely down to Black people just not being fans of the sport :manny: apparently it'd be calm if we was though, even though the sport has always positioned itself as a rich white man only sport...but you know, i'm sure we should just ignore all common sense of what it's usually like as a Black person to make it in a white dominated industry, especially if you're the only Black people in it, and assume Lewis' dad swam through it, they were both welcomed with open arms and had a lovely experience :troll:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I mean Lewis grew up middle class and had Maclaren fund him from 13, far more less odds against him than the Williams sisters.
If you mention that Lewis had McLaren backing from age 13, it's important to note that if he didn't his career would have ended right there. A middle or working class family can afford a karting career, but anything beyond that is FAR beyond their means.

The only drivers in F1 who didn't have millionaire parents are Hamilton, Vettel, Ocon, and Alonso. Like 6 of the current grid are legit the sons of billionaires. And then you have the likes of Verstappen, Schumacher and Sainz Jr who are motor racing nepotism All-stars.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you mention that Lewis had McLaren backing from age 13, it's important to note that if he didn't his career would have ended right there. A middle or working class family can afford a karting career, but anything beyond that is FAR beyond their means.

The only drivers in F1 who didn't have millionaire parents are Hamilton, Vettel, Ocon, and Alonso. Like 6 of the current grid are legit the sons of billionaires. And then you have the likes of Verstappen, Schumacher and Sainz Jr who are motor racing nepotism All-stars.
And we aren't even getting into the times McLaren was considering dropping him.

It wasn't a situation where he was given a contract and walked straight into a seat in F1. He pulled off some impressive drives to keep them interested.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't know man. I think Red Bull is going to hit back in a possibly unexpected way. Warmer temps are better for them and RB might find the setup window much easier because of it. They fukked up the last two races.

It's rare this season that the favorite for one track actually does on to win. Out of the recent races, I think Mexico was predictable and even then Mercedes looked much quicker in qualifying. Hang on to your butts. :whoo: