The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Max or Lewis with a DNF next race. Either way I don't think it will be winner take all in Abu Dhabi. Whomever is in front will probably have the option of finishing 3rd or so.

Feels like that's where this is going. Anticlimax at the penultimate race witge either Max clinching or bunch of folks hoping for a Lewis DNF.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Good race. Let's see what happens in Jeddah.

Looks like another Mercedes track but who knows, I drove it in two simulators and its wild as hell. High speed with Monaco/Baku walls. If anyone hits a wall they are taking out multiple cars.
Yeah overtaking Max on this track is asking for trouble. Need to get out front right away and not look back.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Track isn't engine dependant. They had an advantage even with the old engine. Keep the other engine for the last two races.

Tbh. I wonder if Red Bull may not need to take another engine the way they are being pushed.....
That Jeddah track is Monza with concrete barriers. There will be some scary accidents there for sure.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just looked at the changes they made to Yas Marina. Yeah....that looks to be a power dominant circuit as well. A bunch of the slow corners have been removed, lol.

Merc may yet pull this off with a little luck!

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Man this really isn't in Lewis' hands.

Max just needs one win and it's done.
Lewis must finish 1st in both races.

Max isn't DNF'ing, Lewis isn't either. Red Bull can call upon Alpha Tauri, Alonso is still salty at Hamilton. FIA is a mess. Everyone wants Max to win. All the cards are stacked against the GOAT.
Though Lewis and Mercedes seemed to have picked up the slack on this end of season run.

Nevertheless, Max has been amazing this year. I want Lewis to break the record, get his 8th.
After that, I'm cool seeing Max win his WDC.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Man this really isn't in Lewis' hands.
Never was. It was always Red Bull's to lose in the driver's championship. They started off with a dominant car, which has gradually lost that advantage throughout the year. As much as the narrative in previous years was that Lewis has no competition and Max was keeping him honest, it's the reverse this year. Max obviously wasn't going to be challenged by Checo, Bottas wasn't going to contend for WDC, so it was down to Lewis to keep things from being a walk over. I can concede it's been a drive worthy of a championship, but it's not been a champion's drive.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never was. It was always Red Bull's to lose in the driver's championship. They started off with a dominant car, which has gradually lost that advantage throughout the year. As much as the narrative in previous years was that Lewis has no competition and Max was keeping him honest, it's the reverse this year. Max obviously wasn't going to be challenged by Checo, Bottas wasn't going to contend for WDC, so it was down to Lewis to keep things from being a walk over. I can concede it's been a drive worthy of a championship, but it's not been a champion's drive.
It's good we have made our peace with the fact that Lewis isn't favoured to win the title.

If he does though, it's Jordan game 6 vs the Jazz special.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
It's good we have made our peace with the fact that Lewis isn't favoured to win the title.

If he does though, it's Jordan game 6 vs the Jazz special.

I want (and hope) Lewis will win, but he does still have his work cut out for him. No mistakes and needs these two wins.
One race at a time.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And word @LiveFromLondon ...far less odds against him yeah? Riddle me this.

Tell me the list of Black/mixed with Black drivers there's been in F1? In the whole of its history...i'm curious about this answer :jbhmm::mjgrin:

You might be able to guess where i'm going with this now :comeon::unimpressed: