The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
With an eye towards next season (and I may have said this before), if it's as easy to follow next season as they're making it out to be, it's a lock for Lewis. We've seen his ability to ride behind someone while in tire preservation mode for laps at a time. While I want him to win the title next season, if he's excited about the new regulations then so am I :hubie:

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Part of me wishes Mercedes would just switch Bottas with Russell because itā€™s clear heā€™s in ā€œfukk youā€ mode re: the team.

This race showed how important your teammate isā€¦ Checo being 3rd saved Max at the beginning, anyone else there and heā€™s most likely overtaken. Checo gave up position without team orders. Not to mention Lewis basically being prevented an undercut because he wouldā€™ve come out behind Checo.

Iā€™m tired of seeing poor performances from Bottas.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Part of me wishes Mercedes would just switch Bottas with Russell because itā€™s clear heā€™s in ā€œfukk youā€ mode re: the team.

This race showed how important your teammate isā€¦ Checo being 3rd saved Max at the beginning, anyone else there and heā€™s most likely overtaken. Checo gave up position without team orders. Not to mention Lewis basically being prevented an undercut because he wouldā€™ve come out behind Checo.

I was thinking the same thing. It feels like there's been so many races recently where it's Lewis on his own vs Verstappen and Perez whilst Valterri is 5 or 6 cars behind fighting the Aston Martin's or Ferrari's for track position.

Part of me felt they should have just kept Bottas in the dark about his future and agreed something with Russell behind closed doors. Obviously that would be a scummy thing to do and hard to keep secret but could have avoided the situation where you got a teammate who has no incentive to give his best.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

I was thinking the same thing. It feels like there's been so many races recently where it's Lewis on his own vs Verstappen and Perez whilst Valterri is 5 or 6 cars behind fighting the Aston Martin's or Ferrari's for track position.

Part of me felt they should have just kept Bottas in the dark about his future and agreed something with Russell behind closed doors. Obviously that would be a scummy thing to do and hard to keep secret but could have avoided the situation where you got a teammate who has no incentive to give his best.

@karim - feeling both :cape: and :dahell:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

He would have been in that position of not for the ICE penalty. No fault of Bottas.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
He would have been in that position of not for the ICE penalty. No fault of Bottas.

True, but also the point I'm getting at is Bottas hasn't really been a factor when he has had the chance to.

Just imagine how easily he let Max overtake him when they both started at the back of the field a few races ago. He absolutely sucks in traffic too, and was stuck behind a car with front wing damage.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Debbie Downer ass nikka. We have five races left. Keep the Faith.
I feel like the race was only compromised due to having to change set up for the bumpiness on the circuit. The pace is there otherwise. Still We Rise !! :blessed:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
True, but also the point I'm getting at is Bottas hasn't really been a factor when he has had the chance to.

Just imagine how easily he let Max overtake him when they both started at the back of the field a few races ago. He absolutely sucks in traffic too, and was stuck behind a car with front wing damage.
Bottas is by far the best wingman out of he and Perez and its not even close. The guy has taken 3 engine penalties thus far, is still 3rd and has been on the podium 9 times this season.

I really donā€™t know what else youā€™re expecting from him. Heā€™s the best #2 in history outside of maybe Barichello. Heā€™s never going to be going toe to toe with people because thatā€™s not in his skillset. In qualifying and out front, heā€™ll put the car where it needs to be more often than not and if Lewis needs a tow or team order he does the job.

If he was performing on Perezā€™s level yallā€™s heads would explode.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Bottas is by far the best wingman out of he and Perez and its not even close. The guy has taken 3 engine penalties thus far, is still 3rd and has been on the podium 9 times this season.

I really donā€™t know what else youā€™re expecting from him. Heā€™s the best #2 in history outside of maybe Barichello. Heā€™s never going to be going toe to toe with people because thatā€™s not in his skillset. In qualifying and out front, heā€™ll put the car where it needs to be more often than not and if Lewis needs a tow or team order he does the job.

If he was performing on Perezā€™s level yallā€™s heads would explode.
Bottas doesn't get his due because we know he has pace. Problem is, he tends to be in no man's land if he's not in the top 2 or 3. Tire preservation and overtaking are areas he needs to get on top of. As far as Perez, I just don't think things are ever in the favor of the non-Max driver over at Red Bull :hubie:. Just like people talmbout they want to see Lewis in another car to see if he's really competitive, I want to see the same with him.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bottas doesn't get his due because we know he has pace. Problem is, he tends to be in no man's land if he's not in the top 2 or 3. Tire preservation and overtaking are areas he needs to get on top of. As far as Perez, I just don't think things are ever in the favor of the non-Max driver over at Red Bull :hubie:. Just like people talmbout they want to see Lewis in another car to see if he's really competitive, I want to see the same with him.
He's never going to fix that though. Yall asking him to do things he's not capable of. He's been at Mercedes since 2017 and its always the same thing. :russ:

calh45

Cal
Daps

I'd be willing to bet they aren't as forthright with Bottas either considering he's moving to a Ferrari based team. Remember how dumb they were being about Albon going to Williams with a Merc engine?

Think about this, we ALL know that Bottas ain't the best in traffic and they replace a component on a Merc friendly track that he was the fastest to stick him back in traffic?? Why not wait until they're at a RB friendly track for him to be stuck in traffic? OR they should've replaced a component on Lewis' engine knowing they could turn it up in Austin and Lewis at a pass friendly circuit would've been at least 4th by the first pit stop.

Max definitely benefited from Checo knowing his role, but Merc ain't making the best decisions to make it harder on RB. Without the penalty on Bottas they'd have Bottas and Lewis ahead of Checo against Max in the first corner. Max wasn't gonna get past both of them easily. With a penalty on Lewis and Bottas is good for being fast up front it would've been a fight at least with Max up until the first pit stop.

RB has the advantage now. Toto isn't gonna shortchange next year to win this title. They should assume Bottas is out of it unless he has a chance to actually win the race. Lewis would have to pull off an actual miracle to win the WDC and RB is probably going to take the constructors lead in Mexico. That's a RB track.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He's never going to fix that though. Yall asking him to do things he's not capable of. He's been at Mercedes since 2017 and its always the same thing. :russ:
His time at the top is done for now, but if he ever wants to get back in a top team, he needs to improve.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm looking at how Lewis and Max blew away their teammates today (and many other times this season), I just don't see George in the mix. It's a huge stretch of my imagination to see him doing this weekend after weekend. I've already said that I think Max is the new Kimi. This may be the best we ever see of Max. It's hard to perform at this level for an extended period. Just think, Max is competing against a 37yr old. Brazy.

New to F1

but it seems like there can only be one top driver at a time (like the witch season of American Horror story) the best example is when Schumacher literally passed the dead body of Senna) so now Max is going to be the best but since Lewis is so great (the greatest of all time maybe)it will be like them racing how they racing now so far ahead of everybody until Lewis retire ?

The rest of the drivers suck so bad plus the winner in me would retire if I was a multi time champion but was so far behind. No way could I be a great when Iā€™m minutes behind when the top is separated by tenths of an hundredth of a millith of a second