The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was thinking the same thing. It feels like there's been so many races recently where it's Lewis on his own vs Verstappen and Perez whilst Valterri is 5 or 6 cars behind fighting the Aston Martin's or Ferrari's for track position.

Part of me felt they should have just kept Bottas in the dark about his future and agreed something with Russell behind closed doors. Obviously that would be a scummy thing to do and hard to keep secret but could have avoided the situation where you got a teammate who has no incentive to give his best.

What they say about black people TWICE AS HARD TO GET HALF AS FAR

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
His time at the top is done for now, but if he ever wants to get back in a top team, he needs to improve.
Alfa is the last run breh. He gets to run the show as #1 and help bring along whatever young drivers Sauber wants in the other seat. He'll be there for 3-4 years then retire.

I'd be willing to bet they aren't as forthright with Bottas either considering he's moving to a Ferrari based team. Remember how dumb they were being about Albon going to Williams with a Merc engine?

Think about this, we ALL know that Bottas ain't the best in traffic and they replace a component on a Merc friendly track that he was the fastest to stick him back in traffic?? Why not wait until they're at a RB friendly track for him to be stuck in traffic? OR they should've replaced a component on Lewis' engine knowing they could turn it up in Austin and Lewis at a pass friendly circuit would've been at least 4th by the first pit stop.
Toto says Bottas is in all meetings. They've got nothing to hide from him.

As for waiting to change his engine, you're assuming they could wait. Mercedes obviously has an issue and Lewis might have to take another one before the end of the year as well.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
New to F1

but it seems like there can only be one top driver at a time (like the witch season of American Horror story) the best example is when Schumacher literally passed the dead body of Senna) so now Max is going to be the best but since Lewis is so great (the greatest of all time maybe)it will be like them racing how they racing now so far ahead of everybody until Lewis retire ?

The rest of the drivers suck so bad plus the winner in me would retire if I was a multi time champion but was so far behind. No way could I be a great when Iā€™m minutes behind when the top is separated by tenths of an hundredth of a millith of a second
The hope is given the car the rest will be there, but Lewis and Max have a different race pace.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Go to the 1:19 mark ā€¦

THIS is why Lewis is so important :mjcry:

One of them looks like they would've rather met Bottas :russ:

image-2021-10-27-193908.png

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Lewis decaying before our eyes :francis:. Nikka never recovered from that crash after Verstappen was out of the race earlier in the season. Heā€™s been making avoidable mistakes since. RB faster this year so margin are really small.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yall ready for this weekend? Bottas says Mercedes has "fixed" its high altitude problems. :patrice:

Max is favored to win this race but if Lewis can stay close, you never know what could happen. :ld:

I really can't stand this track btw. One of the worst on the calendar IMO.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall ready for this weekend? Bottas says Mercedes has "fixed" its high altitude problems. :patrice:

Max is favored to win this race but if Lewis can stay close, you never know what could happen. :ld:

Hate the track, hard to pass and pretty much a procession. I expect Red bull to win, but if Merc are close, Brazil should be fun.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Can't have any more "damage limitation" races go wrong. Strategy needs to tighten up.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know its only FP2 but Max is FLYING. Mercedes got their work cut out for them this weekend. :francis:

Granted, we kind of knew this coming in.