The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm looking at how Lewis and Max blew away their teammates today (and many other times this season), I just don't see George in the mix. It's a huge stretch of my imagination to see him doing this weekend after weekend. I've already said that I think Max is the new Kimi. This may be the best we ever see of Max. It's hard to perform at this level for an extended period. Just think, Max is competing against a 37yr old. Brazy.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Must be in the minority but I don't see what else merc could have done here. They had track position at the start, RB went for a VERY early undercut and merc went long to have better tyres towards the end of both stints

If the race was one more lap they would have won the race. Sometimes you simply lose a race doesn't always have to be someone's "fault" it's not a perfect science

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm looking at how Lewis and Max blew away their teammates today (and many other times this season), I just don't see George in the mix. It's a huge stretch of my imagination to see him doing this weekend after weekend. I've already said that I think Max is the new Kimi. This may be the best we ever see of Max. It's hard to perform at this level for an extended period. Just think, Max is competing against a 37yr old. Brazy.
The main goal for George is to be able to compete during the 2nd half of next year and 2023. I think he'll measure up just fine in qualifying. Everyone starts from zero next year with the new regs and there's no rush on him. Mercedes would prefer it if it took him a minute.

As for Max, I seriously doubt it. The guy is a machine and unlike Kimi, he's actually motivated to win. I said he was a generational talent earlier this year and people were arguing with me for pages that he's not.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everyone's speed is compromised by the track surface breh. That's not a good enough excuse. They just got beat.

Hopefully Mercedes has figured out how to deal with the high altitude at Mexico.
Dude. I am speaking specifically to the changes they made to the car to deal with the bumps after FP1. They said the car would have broken without it. The car clearly had more understeer and started to operate worse in slow corners in FP2 and FP3. Merc have been better in high altitude last year, but Red Bull should still have an advantage.

Let play.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The main goal for George is to be able to compete during the 2nd half of next year and 2023. I think he'll measure up just fine in qualifying. Everyone starts from zero next year with the new regs and there's no rush on him. Mercedes would prefer it if it took him a minute.

As for Max, I seriously doubt it. The guy is a machine and unlike Kimi, he's actually motivated to win.
Iono cuz. He's a four year vet-- not a rookie. I personally don't believe you can ease your way into competing seriously at the sharp end of the grid. Everyone we look at as being legit contenders were fast and beating their teammate right away. If GR doesn't have Lewis on the backfoot right away, then he ain't it. I've never seen it play out any other way. Mercedes is just a team. Paint and laundry. They're not owed victory/dominance. George is going to need to be a Max tier driver or Mercedes needs to be looking hard for someone to fill that other seat once Lewis retires.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I dunno this is my first full year following F1
Lol ah okay. So you don't know all the behind the curtains drama and whatnot. :pachaha: Yeah man. Understand that F1 at it's core is basically a very small club. They simply allow cameras to record them doing they're thing. That's why the rules are so frustrating for fans-- that's why so much subjective shyt is allowed to influence races. If F1 were an American sport, the FBI would have been involved at this point with the amount of fukkery they tend to have going on.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Dude. I am speaking specifically to the changes they made to the car to deal with the bumps after FP1. They said the car would have broken without it. The car clearly had more understeer and started to operate worse in slow corners in FP2 and FP3. Merc have been better in high altitude last year, but Red Bull should still have an advantage.

Let play.
Yeah I heard about that as well. Probably the reason for the big difference in performance from what we saw in FP1. That looked like a completely different car.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Iono cuz. He's a four year vet-- not a rookie. I personally don't believe you can ease your way into competing seriously at the sharp end of the grid. Everyone we look at as being legit contenders were fast and beating their teammate right away. If GR doesn't have Lewis on the backfoot right away, then he ain't it. I've never seen it play out any other way. Mercedes is just a team. Paint and laundry. They're not owed victory/dominance. George is going to need to be a Max tier driver or Mercedes needs to be looking hard for someone to fill that other seat once Lewis retires.
When I say compete, I mean being right with/or beating Lewis 30-50% of the time. I think he should be capable of that by second half of next year. If he's on it immediately, then hey, that's gravy to me.

I don't think there's anything suggest his talent level isn't on par with the best thus far in his career, but it will take some adjusting coming from the back of the grid to the front.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Look nikka. Read the room. We're on a mission to defeat evil here. Pick a side. You want to ride with Hope, Faith, God, and Love for all Mankind-- or a team of Austrian racists with a car driven by the spawn of a wife-beating alcoholic who stole another driver's seat and then his baby mama?

I was wondering when someone would take it there. We can't have a supreme simp like Max winning. We just can't.

Last edited:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Tell me about it. Man U got obliterated, Lewis lost, and I'm about to be on my way to the 49er game in a storm, and I have a feeling were losing that shyt too :mjcry:
Me too breh. Sixers collapsed against Brooklyn, Penn St. lost in 9 OT, Lewis lost, my Eagles got pillaged by the Raiders. I just want the pain to end :to:.