The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm unapologetically a Lewis stan-- but I truly believe RBR and Max winning this year would be bad for the sport. They're just low character all around. If it were McLaren or Ferrari pushing Merc like this I probably wouldn't be half way as emotionally invested.
I get Third Reich vibes to be honest.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I'm unapologetically a Lewis stan-- but I truly believe RBR and Max winning this year would be bad for the sport. They're just low character all around. If it were McLaren or Ferrari pushing Merc like this I probably wouldn't be half way as emotionally invested.
Couldnā€™t agree more. This is more than unsporting behavior or focused competition this is willful cynicism and self righteousness.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I get Third Reich vibes to be honest.
:russ::russ: No BS. I almost went there-- but considering I have Lewis' helmet as my avi, I didn't want to push it too far. But when you see that RBR is an Austrian team-- the puzzle pieces just start falling into place. Some straight Red Skull vs Cpt. America shyt lol.

Last edited:

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Christian Horner, who told Sky Sports: "Max had the momentum and Lewis gave him enough space in turn one but our opinion would be that he didn't give him enough in turn two.

"Most important thing today is that the halo has done it's job because it's an awkward accident, thank God no one was hurt.

"I think Max had earned the right to be given more space to work with in turn two but I think you could look at this as a racing incident.

"To portion blame to one side or the other, I think for this incident in particular that's very difficult to do.

"We had a human error in the pit stop - unfortunately I think it was on the front right, the wheel was done but unfortunately the car wasn't released. I don't think the slow stop effected his judgement at all."

:russ:

Aka horner knows Max fukked up. Now it's down to the stewards to actually call this for what it actually was...

If they label this a racing incident.......

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It wouldn't even really hurt them. They'd probably just take the engine penalty at the same time.
It costs them the race win at Sochi with Turkey Canada and the USA coming up. If Hamilton aces those two the pressure would be on red bull in Brazil. Things will still probably go down to the wire

calh45

Cal
Daps
Christian Horner, who told Sky Sports: "Max had the momentum and Lewis gave him enough space in turn one but our opinion would be that he didn't give him enough in turn two.

"Most important thing today is that the halo has done it's job because it's an awkward accident, thank God no one was hurt.

"I think Max had earned the right to be given more space to work with in turn two but I think you could look at this as a racing incident.

"To portion blame to one side or the other, I think for this incident in particular that's very difficult to do.

"We had a human error in the pit stop - unfortunately I think it was on the front right, the wheel was done but unfortunately the car wasn't released. I don't think the slow stop effected his judgement at all."

Aka horner knows Max fukked up. Now it's down to the stewards to actually call this for what it actually was...

I'm just now catching up. Max's aggressive ass driving has cost them both for the second time.

Obviously, reddit swears it's either Lewis fault OR a racing incident. They're currently ranting about Damon and Johnny being biased. It's hilarious they're diving off cliffs to think a career journeyman driver would have better insight than Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert.

Edit: just seeing a replay of the start. Max gave Daniel more room at the start than he gave Lewis and conceded.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
It costs them the race win at Sochi with Turkey Canada and the USA coming up. If Hamilton aces those two the pressure would be on red bull in Brazil. Things will still probably go down to the wire
The simulation is determined to give us maximum drama, I'm convinced. I can already imagine a dramatic last lap race to the finish in Abu Dhabi lol.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Lmao yep, horner is incredibly diplomatic.

Far more diplomatic than toto at silveratone