The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Isn't this a repeat of the infamous 20 qualifying laps :sas2:? Denial of this one is a denial of Schumacher as well.

I missed most of the race and am unfamiliar with the schumacher situation.

Can you expound on this for me please?

Gonna catch the replay in a bit.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Somebody will probably have to correct me, but some shyt about back in the day Schumacher had to pit for tires. I think Ross Brawn gave him the message that they needed 20 qualifying pace laps to win the race. So he went out there and did the damn thing :manny:. Lewis was put in just about the same situation. He went purple for like a good 5 laps in a row, taking out 1-2 seconds a lap from Verstappen's lead. He was on his ass with about 5 to go.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Somebody will probably have to correct me, but some shyt about back in the day Schumacher had to pit for tires. I think Ross Brawn gave him the message that they needed 20 qualifying pace laps to win the race. So he went out there and did the damn thing :manny:. Lewis was put in just about the same situation. He went purple for like a good 5 laps in a row, taking out 1-2 seconds a lap from Verstappen's lead. He was on his ass with about 5 to go.
Even though when itā€™s all said and done only the championships matter... itā€™s frustrating to know that if the roles were reversed folks would be praising Max to the heavens. I actually like Max overall, but the veiled racism towards Lewis and the way people are comparing this white driver to a 5 time champ, all time pole sitter, and 2nd in all time wins is disrespectful to Lewis and it wonā€™t stop.

Iā€™ve never heard so much talk about... itā€™s the car. Which ATG didnā€™t have a dominant car? Where was all this talk when every dime of Ferrariā€™s money was going into building a car built specifically to Schumachers spec? His teammate be damned. But people like to gloss over that when trying to diminish was Lewis has accomplished. And thatā€™s not even taking into account the people who act like he didnā€™t have a whole career before Mercedes.

Sorry for the rant.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

An article on it: F1 archives: The best of Schumacher-Brawn, Hungary 1998 - Essentially Sports

Even though when itā€™s all said and done only the championships matter... itā€™s frustrating to know that if the roles were reversed folks would be praising Max to the heavens. I actually like Max overall, but the veiled racism towards Lewis and the way people are comparing this white driver to a 5 time champ, all time pole sitter, and 2nd in all time wins is disrespectful to Lewis and it wonā€™t stop.

Iā€™ve never heard so much talk about... itā€™s the car. Which ATG didnā€™t have a dominant car? Where was all this talk when every dime of Ferrariā€™s money was going into building a car built specifically to Schumachers spec? His teammate be damned. But people like to gloss over that when trying to diminish was Lewis has accomplished. And thatā€™s not even taking into account the people who act like he didnā€™t have a whole career before Mercedes.

Sorry for the rant.
The sad thing is, Hamilton doesn't live some womanizing negative lifestyle that people like to portray he does. He's got to be one of the more tame champions. But, for some reason ( :mjpls: ), people just can't explain why they don't like him. So everything he does has to be scrutinized, downplayed, criticized, because he's rewriting F1 history. Somebody on Race Fans wrote out a whole ass negative comment about Hamilton coming like 4th and 5th in the driver's championship between 2009 and 2013. How in the hell is that bad? To be top 5 in the championship every year you've been in F1 is great consistency.

If he praises another team or driver it's mind games :skip:. If has an off weekend his mental fortitude is completely shattered :skip:. If he says there's an issue with the car over radio he's a complainer :skip: or he's ungrateful :skip: or he's blaming the team for his shortcomings :skip:. He wins a race and it's all car, no talent :skip:. He makes a mistake and he's the worst driver on the grid :skip:.

The quotes and soundbites they take from him are almost always misrepresented. Not all of the team radio conversation gets broadcast during the race, and it's often edited to remove gaps. A lot of Hamilton's radio broadcasts are made to sound like he's more desperate or upset than he is. Sky Sports, as much as I like their coverage, doesn't help when they sensationalize stuff or just get it plain wrong. People take that as the gospel and then run to the internet to spew bullshyt.

calh45

Cal
Daps

Sorry for the rant.

Bottas has the same ride and somehow ended up fighting a rookie for a spot today.

Lewis will be GOAT. They're just looking for their "hope" to cheer for who's the "underdog" and act like Red Bull didn't make dominant cars with Vettel and their car now is damn good. I was on Reddit earlier and they were saying Lewis actually had the faster car in qualifying even though Max won the pole and that's why he won. They come up with all sorts of insanity to discredit the man.

ALSO, unlike Schumacher, Lewis doesn't run people off the road to win championships.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Half of Europe gonna commit that when he gets to 7.

This.

Breh is putting everyone so far in his rear view abs at a ridiculous pace. and Iā€™m loving it. Lewis locked in and has always been. Making legends look irrelevant while staying humble and respectful.