The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
THIS ALL fukkING DAY! nikkas are on Reddit swearing this is an "all-time great race" :russ::russ::mjlol: The result was determined by crashes and DNFs. Any other weekend they're complaining about the need for more aggressive wheel to wheel racing. Yet folks are acting like F1 has been "revitalized" off this one race :mindblown: You'd think they would find satisfaction in a race that actually required the other teams to beat Merc and Ferrari on actual speed and strategy. Max's two wins came from Mercedes' cooling limitations and poor tire strategy. Lewis was up 35 seconds before he allowed the team to override his instincts to stay on the intermediate tires. It was about to be another afternoon of dominance. It's like I said before, they don't even care if Merc wins-- as long as Lewis isn't at the top of the podium. Remember the jubilation over the porridge consuming "Bottas 2.0" after the first couple races?
That's just what they want. Like I said, they aren't fans of racing. They want sparks, a bunch of overtakes, contact, crashes. Something to just hold their attention a little while longer so that they can fake like they're interested in F1. Man look, if you want to see crashes and contact check out F2 or Touring Cars, you want to see a bunch of pointless overtakes watch a NASCAR, you want cars that look like they're going fast (but not really) then watch Indycar. None of that is what F1 is or should ever be about. F1 is about pushing the limits of engineering, strategy, and racecraft to gain tenths/hundreds/thousandths of a second over your competition. "Fans" need they ass beat :shaq2:.

MFs about to be on one for the next week though. I'll give Max his props for being in the right position to capitalize on Hamilton, Bottas, and Mercedes' mistakes, but he lucked into that win. The race will be defined by LeClerc, Bottas, and Hamilton's offs, but Max's will be forgotten purely for the fact that he had his spin in a wide open area and could continue on. Just like Vettel's race last year is defined by understeering into the barrier when he drove a somewhat decent race up until that. They already trying to explain away Hamilton's ability in the wet :snoop:.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
That's just what they want. Like I said, they aren't fans of racing. They want sparks, a bunch of overtakes, contact, crashes. Something to just hold their attention a little while longer so that they can fake like they're interested in F1. Man look, if you want to see crashes and contact check out F2 or Touring Cars, you want to see a bunch of pointless overtakes watch a NASCAR, you want cars that look like they're going fast (but not really) then watch Indycar. None of that is what F1 is or should ever be about. F1 is about pushing the limits of engineering, strategy, and racecraft to gain tenths/hundreds/thousandths of a second over your competition. "Fans" need they ass beat :shaq2:.

MFs about to be on one for the next week though. I'll give Max his props for being in the right position to capitalize on Hamilton, Bottas, and Mercedes' mistakes, but he lucked into that win. The race will be defined by LeClerc, Bottas, and Hamilton's offs, but Max's will be forgotten purely for the fact that he had his spin in a wide open area and could continue on. Just like Vettel's race last year is defined by understeering into the barrier when he drove a somewhat decent race up until that. They already trying to explain away Hamilton's ability in the wet :snoop:.
:whew: Just let me know where I can cashapp my tithes & offering.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Lewis would welcome Max at Mercedes

"I honestly have no problem with it," Hamilton said. "I do like working with Valtteri, so I am not too sure how that dynamic would work for the team, but I am not saying it would or it would not.

"I see positives from that move and potential negatives, but there are always positives and negatives with different people you end up working with.

"In some ways it works well for me. I see stories saying that we have different cars, so that's the only way [I am beating him], so it gives me an opportunity to show that's not the case."

Hamilton's comments come several days after his former Mercedes teammate, Nico Rosberg, suggested Verstappen would be leading the championship in a head-to-head fight in the same car.

"I would say Verstappen would be in front of Hamilton in the points in the championship if he was in the Mercedes this year," Rosberg said on his YouTube channel. "But only because of Hamilton's zero points in Germany [Hamilton later claimed two points after Sunday's race when the two Alfa Romeos were disqualified].

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Lewis would welcome Max at Mercedes

"I honestly have no problem with it," Hamilton said. "I do like working with Valtteri, so I am not too sure how that dynamic would work for the team, but I am not saying it would or it would not.

"I see positives from that move and potential negatives, but there are always positives and negatives with different people you end up working with.

"In some ways it works well for me. I see stories saying that we have different cars, so that's the only way [I am beating him], so it gives me an opportunity to show that's not the case."

Hamilton's comments come several days after his former Mercedes teammate, Nico Rosberg, suggested Verstappen would be leading the championship in a head-to-head fight in the same car.

"I would say Verstappen would be in front of Hamilton in the points in the championship if he was in the Mercedes this year," Rosberg said on his YouTube channel. "But only because of Hamilton's zero points in Germany [Hamilton later claimed two points after Sunday's race when the two Alfa Romeos were disqualified].

:unimpressed:"iite bet. Join the team then. Whip the Benz. Watch what happen to you."

*sidenote- Bottas looks 45 I keep forgetting he still in his 20's.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
:unimpressed:"iite bet. Join the team then. Whip the damn Benz. Watch what happen to you."

*sidenote- Bottas looks 45 I keep forgetting he still in his 20's.

Best case scenario...max gets out his contract, switches to mercedes and lewis beats him for championship no.7

Then lewis switches to ferrari the year after and beats leclerc for no. 8

:myman:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Can someone explain to me why everybody keeps on calling for Bottas to be replaced :cosbytf:? He's performing exactly how Mercedes needs.
You would think so but hes won 5 races in 3 years while having the best car, thats pretty poor even if Lewis is your teammate. Need to get Ocon in, who i rate higher than MV