The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if Lewis fell out from Bottas' tow on purpose? He'll get a slipstream from Valtteri going in to Turn 1, while Max will be mugged by the McLaren's from behind.
Nah he wanted to know where he was down after he was told he was P2.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Nah he wanted to know where he was down after he was told he was P2.
He's done that before though. You have to remember they know that the radio messages are broadcast. He was asking where he was "down", but he failed to maintain the gap for an effective tow when he's managed just fine before. There's always a bit of gamesmanship, even in the radio messages.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He's done that before though. You have to remember they know that the radio messages are broadcast. He was asking where he was "down", but he failed to maintain the gap for an effective tow when he's managed just fine before. There's always a bit of gamesmanship, even in the radio messages.
I watch his onboards and don't don't focus as much on the broadcast, so if they did play that message, I missed it. From the onboard side it was legitimate exacerbation rather than the manufactured stuff you get from the broadcast. From the communication that's been going back and forth today I don't think it was all that intentional. He'd been in that 5-7 second gap all session long.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

[Canal+] Pierre Gasly : "When we look at Perez's performance last weekend where he gets knocked out of Q1, finishes 8th, one lap down from his teammate and ends up driver of the day, there are things we don't really understand"

Damn Gasly unleashed the flutes on Perez :picard:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I watch his onboards and don't don't focus as much on the broadcast, so if they did play that message, I missed it. From the onboard side it was legitimate exacerbation rather than the manufactured stuff you get from the broadcast. From the communication that's been going back and forth today I don't think it was all that intentional. He'd been in that 5-7 second gap all session long.
And the ideal gap is 3-5 seconds.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
So I assume at some point during the sprint race, Valtteri and Lewis will swap positions to try and take points from Max. I hope that all goes smoothly and as planned.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'll just dispute that by saying when Lewis was around 6 seconds behind going into Parabolica, Bono would always say you're good to go.
:manny: They had a conversation about the ideal tow gap during the broadcast and that's what the the drivers commentating said the best gap was, and that was the gap they timed for everyone else getting a tow from their teammates.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I assume at some point during the sprint race, Valtteri and Lewis will swap positions to try and take points from Max. I hope that all goes smoothly and as planned.
As long as they get good starts the car seems good enough that they can put a 10 sec gap in Max easily over 15 laps, but we will see.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

[Canal+] Pierre Gasly : "When we look at Perez's performance last weekend where he gets knocked out of Q1, finishes 8th, one lap down from his teammate and ends up driver of the day, there are things we don't really understand"

Damn Gasly unleashed the flutes on Perez :picard:

I really canā€™t believe he still wants that Red Bull seat. I think Marko hates his guts. Signing Perez to another year after Gaslyā€™s performance these last two years is proof enough. :russ:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I really canā€™t believe he still wants that Red Bull seat. I think Marko hates his guts. Signing Perez to another year after Gaslyā€™s performance these last two years is proof enough. :russ:
I don't think he wants that seat anymore, I think it's just the natural French pettiness :lolbron:

He probably knows he has Alpine to fall back on if he pisses of RB too much.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I don't think he wants that seat anymore, I think it's just the natural French pettiness :lolbron:

He probably knows he has Alpine to fall back on if he pisses of RB too much.
He or Ocon could possibly end up getting a seat at Merc once Lewis retires. A much-improved Gasly at Merc racing against Max in a Red Bull would be something to see.