The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Yeah, Williams seems like everything is pointing in the right direction for them now. He could go back to his old team and probably a more relaxed (but still competent) environment and do well. I'll miss him at Merc if this is true. Russell seems too petulant at times, and I know Lewis isn't interested in babysitting him.
I hate this notion folks are pushing that Lewis is supposed to groom him and hand him the ā€œsecretsā€ :hhh: FOH. I want Lewis to decimate him. I hope heā€™s weaker than Bottas just for the fukkery. Imagine Lewis winning an 8/9th title, but Merc doesnā€™t win WCC because GR is some mid.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate this notion folks are pushing that Lewis is supposed to groom him and hand him the ā€œsecretsā€ :hhh: FOH. I want Lewis to decimate him. I hope heā€™s weaker than Bottas just for the fukkery. Imagine Lewis winning an 8/9th title, but Merc doesnā€™t win WCC because GR is some mid.

haha, i hope for the same but unfortunately russell is very quick. to put the williams 2nd on the grid was crazy as that car had no right being there. and i can't stand the guy for what it's worth, something about him I just find irritating and fake

merc have already been focusing their attention on next year's car so they'll have a good package and Lewis will have to be on his A game...

First practice for this weekends grand prix looking good though for merc, Lewis p1 but the times are very close

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
haha, i hope for the same but unfortunately russell is very quick. to put the williams 2nd on the grid was crazy as that car had no right being there. and i can't stand the guy for what it's worth, something about him I just find irritating and fake

merc have already been focusing their attention on next year's car so they'll have a good package and Lewis will have to be on his A game...

First practice for this weekends grand prix looking good though for merc, Lewis p1 but the times are very close
Yeah. Unless they go backwards with setup,
Merc seem to be finding that time surprisingly easy.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Him getting that P2 was VERY setup dependent. Iā€™ll never knock a guy for not making mistakes, but that lap is being overrated. Look at him today, behind Latino. Plenty of guys can be quick over a lap. I genuinely think heā€™ll be another Bottas/Rosberg. Quick over a lap, but second tier in race craft.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Him getting that P2 was VERY setup dependent. Iā€™ll never knock a guy for not making mistakes, but that lap is being overrated. Look at him today, behind Latino. Plenty of guys can be quick over a lap. I genuinely think heā€™ll be another Bottas/Rosberg. Quick over a lap, but second tier in race craft.
That lap was overrated however, Russell is the real deal. Everyone in the Mercedes camp knows that, including Lewis. He dominated the junior categories and he's been testing their cars off and on for 4-5 years now. They've just been waiting for him to mature.

Everyone starts at zero next season with the new cars so it'll be interesting to see who picks things up quickest. Lewis will be 37 next year. I expect that he'll lose a little every season while the young guys like George continue to improve.

What's next for him?
He said he's doing nothing. :russ:

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
That lap was overrated however, Russell is the real deal. Everyone in the Mercedes camp knows that, including Lewis. He dominated the junior categories and he's been testing their cars off and on for 4-5 years now. They've just been waiting for him to mature.

Everyone starts at zero next season with the new cars so it'll be interesting to see who picks things up quickest. Lewis will be 37 next year. I expect that he'll lose a little every season while the young guys like George continue to improve.

He said he's doing nothing. :russ:
Hulkenberg dominated the juniors too. Now heā€™s a reserve. Look. Iā€™m not suggesting GR is outright some mid. Iā€™m just not big on declaring every driver as the next big thing. When he delivers on a consistent basis and wins, then Iā€™ll sing his praises. Iā€™m the same with Max. Heā€™s eliteā€” but all the fanfare around him reminds me ALOT of when Kimi came onto the scene. Similar circumstances and everything. Iā€™m a results guy is all.

Daps
After crashing out of his final race, he'll walk off the track to his yacht one last time. :lolbron:

I'll miss dude. He reminds me of Kawhi in how he's a fierce competitor, but also seems completely uninterested in what he's doing.

He's one of my favourites - seems like a very cool cat.

Years ago, I was in a lappy in London and me and a couple of colleagues had a private booth with some strippers. In ran a completely naked bloke, cackling like a fukking madman, obviously off his t*ts on a wild one.

The naked bloke was Kimi.

It was quite surreal.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
He's one of my favourites - seems like a very cool cat.

Years ago, I was in a lappy in London and me and a couple of colleagues had a private booth with some strippers. In ran a completely naked bloke, cackling like a fukking madman, obviously off his t*ts on a wild one.

The naked bloke was Kimi.

It was quite surreal.

I'll bet ! :russ::dead: Kimi was doing it for the culture!

calh45

Cal
Daps
Hulkenberg dominated the juniors too. Now heā€™s a reserve. Look. Iā€™m not suggesting GR is outright some mid. Iā€™m just not big on declaring every driver as the next big thing. When he delivers on a consistent basis and wins, then Iā€™ll sing his praises. Iā€™m the same with Max. Heā€™s eliteā€” but all the fanfare around him reminds me ALOT of when Kimi came onto the scene. Similar circumstances and everything. Iā€™m a results guy is all.

It's all marketing. They're going to try to prop George up with Max since we all know Lewis is leaving in a few years. George is quick, but so is Bottas. Bottas just isn't as good as Lewis. Rosberg had to lose his mind for one season just to beat Lewis once and then retired immediately. Everyone is going to learn that Lewis is just that much better than everyone else and that's why his teammates can't keep up.