The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Was there anything else today that would justify replacing him?

I don't think Bottas will be retained next year, but that has more to do with the fact that they need to promote Russel at some point and less with Bottas performance.

The issue was the tyre fall off though, when they go off the cliff there's nothing else you can do. You are essentially a sitting duck.

see what I mean about buttocks ..... :ufdup::picard:

but on the other hand :patrice::mjgrin::blessed: perfect drive today :wow::mjlol:

took them all out :wow:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
So word around the paddock is that the FIA issued a Technical Directive against RBR’s engine. Several teams came forward with data questioning their sudden leap in performance. I think it has merit. It would explain why Horner and Helmut were hell bent on seeing Lewis penalized further. They knew this was coming and wanted cling on to their lead by any means necessary. It’s also probably the reason why Horner has been much more tame in his interviews. He doesn’t want anyone calling them out for funny business with their engine and tainting Max’s title run.

Last edited:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
So word around the paddock is that the FIA issued a Technical Directive against RBR’s engine. Several teams came forward with data questioning their sudden leap in performance. I think it has merit. It would explain why Horner and Helmit were hell bent on seeing Lewis penalized further. They knew this was coming and wanted cling on to their lead by any means necessary. It’s also probably the reason why Horner has been much more tame in his interviews. He doesn’t want anyone calling them out for funny business with their engine and tainting Max’s title run.

Honda says all enhanced performance of the engine is due to reliability upgrades, and better motor oil from Exxon. They're relying on the tiger breh :lolbron:.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So word around the paddock is that the FIA issued a Technical Directive against RBR’s engine. Several teams came forward with data questioning their sudden leap in performance. I think it has merit. It would explain why Horner and Helmit were hell bent on seeing Lewis penalized further. They knew this was coming and wanted cling on to their lead by any means necessary. It’s also probably the reason why Horner has been much more tame in his interviews. He doesn’t want anyone calling them out for funny business with their engine and tainting Max’s title run.
I read another rumor that Mercedes is also playing a few tricks on the PU side and RBR/Ferrari wanted some answers. I don't know if I believe either, as the other teams using their engines haven't improved or performed any worse than usual.

Outside of that, Max/Red Bull fans are absolutely furious after this past race. They are bordering on irrational. Half the posts on Reddit these days are paragraphs explaining how "lucky" Lewis is. :mjlol:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
full

calh45

Cal
Daps
I read another rumor that Mercedes is also playing a few tricks on the PU side and RBR/Ferrari wanted some answers. I don't know if I believe either, as the other teams using their engines haven't improved or performed any worse than usual.

Outside of that, Max/Red Bull fans are absolutely furious after this past race. They are bordering on irrational. Half the posts on Reddit these days are paragraphs explaining how "lucky" Lewis is. :mjlol:

The cognitive dissonance needed to throw luck or "it's the car" at Lewis who has 7 titles, but will:
1) Claim Schumacher's were all skill and conveniently ignore how dirty he drove
2) Claim Verstappen is a better driver and willfully ignore years of drivers backing off to avoid wrecks and Verstappen still not being able to dust him now that the RBR is faster this year.
3) Claim George Russell driving his car at basically an oval track last year shows how unskilled Lewis is, but forget that Lewis first year he damn near won a championship his rookie year against Alonso and then won his first championship his 2nd year.

I used to think it was a Mercedes dominance thing, but they're so frothy that it's 10000% anti-melanin. I hope he doesn't retire until he gets to number 10.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The cognitive dissonance needed to throw luck or "it's the car" at Lewis who has 7 titles, but will:
1) Claim Schumacher's were all skill and conveniently ignore how dirty he drove
2) Claim Verstappen is a better driver and willfully ignore years of drivers backing off to avoid wrecks and Verstappen still not being able to dust him now that the RBR is faster this year.
3) Claim George Russell driving his car at basically an oval track last year shows how unskilled Lewis is, but forget that Lewis first year he damn near won a championship his rookie year against Alonso and then won his first championship his 2nd year.

I used to think it was a Mercedes dominance thing, but they're so frothy that it's 10000% anti-melanin. I hope he doesn't retire until he gets to number 10.
HAMIL10 :ohhh::whew: