The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You're doing a bit much with the Alonso praise.

Take nothing away from what he did but Alonso himself said that Lewis should have passed him much earlier and that he thought Lewis was making mistakes and took a while to get his bearings. He literrally said, "Lewis should not have been behind me for 8 laps"
Maybe overdoing it for current Alonso, but prime Alonso is up there with anyone in terms of skill tbf.

I'm no F1 expert by any means:whoa: but I don't think that can be disputed.

Lewis is my GOAT goat, but he definitely picked up some things from Fernando.(which is what the original posts were about)

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Maybe overdoing it for current Alonso, but prime Alonso is up there with anyone in terms of skill tbf.

I'm no F1 expert by any means:whoa: but I don't think that can be disputed.

Lewis is my GOAT goat, but he definitely picked up some things from Fernando.(which is what the original posts were about)
And like someone said, those things may not be track-related. Lewis was giving Alonso bloody noses in his rookie season.

What Hamilton may have learned from Alonso is things like asserting your dominance in the garage, managing team politics, playing mind games etc.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I thought Alonso played it pretty close in his defense of Lewis. He looked like he moved under braking a few times, pushing Lewis really wide. But all-in-all good action.

Lewis needs to get well, fortify his mind over the break, and deliver pure dominance over the second half.

Congrats to Ocon though. This reminds me of Gasly's win at Monza last year due to all the fukkery that unfolded for it to happen.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I thought Sainz decided to stay out when they were calling him in the first time. And then ended up on old hards (which Ferrari has not been good on) in the end while Alonso and Hamilton had newer tires.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I thought Sainz decided to stay out when they were calling him in the first time. And then ended up on old hards (which Ferrari has not been good on) in the end while Alonso and Hamilton had newer tires.
He did but he had some pace.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
He had to pass Tsunoda and Latifi though. He was way faster than they were and overcut them while they were in the pits. Wouldn't have been able to otherwise.