The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think we're still seeing the RBR driver program shortcomings in action. Taking these kids fresh off the birthing table and sticking them in F1 isn't always the best idea. Didn't Tsunda come out of F3 straight into F1? Yes talented, but those talents still need time to be refined. More race experience in F2 with FP sessions on a regular basis would have made for a smoother transition and we probably wouldn't see so many mistakes. Plus when you're young you can't get out of your own way sometimes and you need some mental maturity.
No he came from F2. Almost beat Schumacher in his first year while Schumacher was in his 2nd. :ehh:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
No he came from F2. Almost beat Schumacher in his first year while Schumacher was in his 2nd. :ehh:
Ok, I thought he was one of the guys that skipped. On a side note, I'm kinda mad they don't have onboards for F2. I know they did briefly a couple years ago because I was making it a point to watch Tatiyana Calderon's in Bahrain, but after a couple of races they went away and they haven't come back since.

Lewis looking pretty upbeat after the session. Not completely happy with the car but looks like he's in a good mood.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Talented kid. Not sure what's going wrong.
He just got way too overhyped, probably because he was abusing the DRS in testing and everybody thought he was the future :russ:

But I don't fault any rookie these days, there's just not enough time allowed in the car for them to get used to things :manny:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
THAT CAM VIEW IS INSANE!!!!
If they can get it on one driver per team :banderas:. Not likely to happen though because they can be secretive about the dash. I know Lewis is normally covering it up before the start as he makes some changes.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm glad they're okay, but how did virtually everyone go off track after the initial driver?
That's the wild part, if the cars bounced off the barriers back onto the track I would understand. But they still need to do something about that run off/barriers on the left side, it's too dangerous.

24 Hours of Spa this month :picard:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Nah, thatā€™s just how he prefers to engage the clutch from the start.
I'm not talking on race starts, I mean on the grid prior to everyone being cleared. He's been using that technique ever since they got rid of dual clutch paddles and he wanted to get better consistency. I know he has a clutch release practice he runs, but even before that he'll cover the dash with his gloves and intentionally obscure it while he makes a couple of changes.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm not talking on race starts, I mean on the grid prior to everyone being cleared. He's been using that technique ever since they got rid of dual clutch paddles and he wanted to get better consistency. I know he has a clutch release practice he runs, but even before that he'll cover the dash with his gloves and intentionally obscure it while he makes a couple of changes.
I mean, what would he be hiding and from who? It could only ever be relevant to Bottas. And Bottas has all of Lewis' data, so he would see his race start settings.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I mean, what would he be hiding and from who? It could only ever be relevant to Bottas. And Bottas has all of Lewis' data, so he would see his race start settings.
:manny:. If I can see it then the other teams can see it too. I'd have to check if it happens at night races - either he's covering it because of glare, or something they don't want other teams seeing via the onboards.