The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
:mjlol: The only thing he learned was how to not be an in team cancer. Lewis would have washed Alonso had McLaren not forced him into 2nd car strategies the first four races of 2007.
You got it bruh. A rookie didn't learn anything from the other greatest driver of his generation despite him saying so. :hubie:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Mad chuffed for Ocon :ehh: but I must say no lie I got teary eyed watching Alonso and Hamilton duke it out, that boy Alonso still has amzing race craft.

:mjlol: The only thing he learned was how to not be an in team cancer. Lewis would have washed Alonso had McLaren not forced him into 2nd car strategies the first four races of 2007.
Hamilton said I think on Top Gear he learnt the most from Alonso than from anyone else in F1.:yeshrug:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
He lost to that rookie “bruh”.
I see you got your thinking cap on.
Hamilton said I think on Top Gear he learnt the most from Alonso than from anyone else in F1.:yeshrug:
It's something he's said openly, whenever asked, for the better part of the last 13-14 years. He respects Alonso more than any on his teammates, or rivals like Max or Vettel. It's very clear he rates Alonso highly (and vice versa). They both know how quick each other is, and how hard they are to battle on track. Everyone else is at best mid-work to them.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wow, Mercedes pulled clear in the constructors' title as well.

Red Bull might have to take a 3rd engine for Perez.

It's going to get spicy later in the season. Mercedes still hasn't used their 3rd engine. They could be rolling everyone at the power tracks.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Wow, Mercedes pulled clear in the constructors' title as well.

Red Bull might have to take a 3rd engine for Perez.

It's going to get spicy later in the season. Mercedes still hasn't used their 3rd engine. They could be rolling everyone at the power tracks.
I just read that Max also had to change his PU after qualifying so he's on his 3rd one.

Reddit is heated that Bottas only got 5 place grid penalty and now new rule they want to change is budget being affected because of crashes caused by other drivers :russ:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
For a Finnish driver Bottas is fukking terrible in the wet, remeber he spun 6 times in Turkey :picard:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I see you got your thinking cap on.

It's something he's said openly, whenever asked, for the better part of the last 13-14 years. He respects Alonso more than any on his teammates, or rivals like Max or Vettel. It's very clear he rates Alonso highly (and vice versa). They both know how quick each other is, and how hard they are to battle on track. Everyone else is at best mid-work to them.
:snoop: “Learned” doesn’t necessarily mean race craft smart guy, and that was the topic of discussion.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I just read that Max also had to change his PU after qualifying so he's on his 3rd one.
Shouldn't that have been a parc ferme violation and resulted in him starting at the back? I mean I guess this is a better outcome
full
but still
Interesting consideration, even if Lewis had pitted first, because of where their box is, when the others came in behind him, he might have still been close to last at the pit lane.

Merc actually got the best out of the day.
Yeah it would have been risk an unsafe release or sit and wait. The only real difference would have been him being closer to the back of the pack... and maybe that could have been the difference maker.